2403 42 2018-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyhigh69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75079 ft

United States

Epicdoom Posted at 2018-3-22 10:00
there is also info here on using extra batteries some used 3D printed mounts and some just secured the batteries to the landing gear with Velcro straps. one thing to keep in mind with adding batteries is that your adding weight which means the unit has to run harder to haul that weight, the total gains IMO aren't worth the effort while you will gain some extra flight time your degrading your ACs system faster with the extra load on the system.

Thanks for the input on the extra battery idea. Na, I think i will stick to just the one at a time. Its not like real hard to change out a drained battery to a fresh one.
I did manage to get out 2000 feet.
I did get out to Red  Wing, But it was windy then hell. with the wind I got the bird to hit 57 mph! which was cool. but only for a couple hundred feet. I got scared I would loose it.
So I hung up the flying and went and shot up a bunch of cans. realfun too....
2018-3-27
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Epicdoom Posted at 2018-3-22 10:00
there is also info here on using extra batteries some used 3D printed mounts and some just secured the batteries to the landing gear with Velcro straps. one thing to keep in mind with adding batteries is that your adding weight which means the unit has to run harder to haul that weight, the total gains IMO aren't worth the effort while you will gain some extra flight time your degrading your ACs system faster with the extra load on the system.

In Kopterforum.de was a topic for extra batteries with  2 4S racer batteries mounted on legs of the landing gear. they was mounted with cable binders but no use of 3D printed parts. The bird had 10 Ampere hours and a flight time about 50-60 minutes.
2018-3-27
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft

flyhigh69 Posted at 2018-3-27 20:15
Thanks for the input on the extra battery idea. Na, I think i will stick to just the one at a time. Its not like real hard to change out a drained battery to a fresh one.
I did manage to get out 2000 feet.
I did get out to Red  Wing, But it was windy then hell. with the wind I got the bird to hit 57 mph! which was cool. but only for a couple hundred feet. I got scared I would loose it.

Id definitely like to be able to fly around a bit more when I'm out at distance. its nice to be able to fly out 5 miles but then your doing only that fly out and directly back. I try to get as close the an area as I can but sometimes in some areas that's not possible so the only way to see the area with the drone is to fly there. All the fun gets ripped out of it though when your at 50% just to get there. I have just accepted that I wont be able to get everywhere I wanna go. if batteries get to weigh a bit less in the future I may go for adding another 1 or 2 to my drone
2018-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules