Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air charger not charging in parallel - drawback or advantage?
1945 12 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
achim1989
lvl.2
Germany

I finally got my Air yesterday and, because I'm good customer, I read the manual and charged all batteries before usage. While doing so (or better while watching the charger do so) I noticed that, although it has four slots, it is charging the batteries one by one (or is there a switch to change that?). And I found that odd at first. But then I got thinking and got curious about the opinions of other Air pilots... So what do you think? Advantage or Drawback?

Single SelectVote, Total 18 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

72.22% (13)
27.78% (5)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-2-16
Use props
lovec1990
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36158 ft
Slovenia

Iits a limitation there is a limit how much current can come from electrical socket to charging hub so charging one fast then next one or charging all 4 slow
2018-2-16
Use props
LoSBoL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Advantage for me personally, not just for the quickest way to get in to the air again, but also because I'm going to use a car charger on a motorbike, and I'd be worried that fast charging all batteries at once would be way to much for the electric circuit of the bike to handle.
2018-2-16
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

The spark's batteries are only 20 watts while the Air is 50 watts
A much more powerful transformer is needed to simultaneously charge all four batteries at once which will emit lots of heat (which will require a fan)
I think it's just good the way it is right now..
2018-2-16
Use props
rantanlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

I don't get while you all see this as an advantage? Okay, formfactor of the power brick might be an issue, but if I'm on a remote location I don't want to sit at the socket for next to 3 hrs until I can fly again. and the "current from the socket" argument is a little strange, you can draw way more power from one socket.. sure you need different components in your charging pcb and stuff... but it's just a lazy excuse in my eyes.
2018-2-16
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

I don't mind it how it is as it means you don't need either a bigger power brick as standard or have to buy a bigger one with the hub.

Would have been a nice option they had some kind of dual mode on the hub where you could buy a beefier charger and it would allow all 4 to be charged together or use the standard charger and just do one at a time.
2018-2-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Better this way. You will get into the air sooner
2018-2-16
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183704 ft
Sweden

Yes, better
2018-2-16
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

The MPP charges in the same fashion.  It charges the battery with the most charge first and then moves down the line.
2018-2-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the DJI Advanced charging hub for my MPP - when the first battery hits around 85% it starts charging the next one simultaneously - charging 4 batteries from 15% to 100% knocks a whole hour off the total charge time using the same charger and is also compatible with the P4 charger halving the total charge time - great accessory!
2018-2-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s six of one and half a dozen of another, dji might release another charger for MavAir which will power up all 4 batteries together, we’ve seen this with other dji drones.
2018-2-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

A CW Posted at 2018-2-16 12:11
I have the DJI Advanced charging hub for my MPP - when the first battery hits around 85% it starts charging the next one simultaneously - charging 4 batteries from 15% to 100% knocks a whole hour off the total charge time using the same charger and is also compatible with the P4 charger halving the total charge time - great accessory!

So that is different from the 'standard' charging hub.
2018-2-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep - it also has an internal fan to keep it cool when using the 100w P4 charger - 2.5 hours to fully recharge 4 MPP batteries from flat! You can’t use the P4 charger on the standard hub - another reason not to get the MP flymore combo imo
2018-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules