Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SlickR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 642559 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi

I had a smooth Q but sent it back as the battery on my iPhone 6 was dreadful when filming.

I'd love an Osmo Mobile 2 but expect I'll have the same issues with this as I can't see a way to actually charge your phone while filming? The battery life on these phones is useless and isn't any good for decent length filming.

Is there anyway you can have a 90 degree lightning connector from the phone (at the clamp end) and then into the Osmo to charge at the same time?

Thanks
2018-2-16
Use props
CreaTobi
lvl.1
Germany

No, there is no way for charging your phone during filming in the horizontal mode. Only when you’re filming with the phone vertically mounted on the Osmo.
2018-2-16
Use props
CreaTobi
lvl.1
Germany

try to place the phone 1cm apart from the holder which covers the lightning connector in the normal mode, but I’ve got no 90-degree connector and if you try it, you have to put weight on the gimbals arm to balance it.
2018-2-16
Use props
CreaTobi
lvl.1
Germany

CreaTobi Posted at 2018-2-16 05:47
try to place the phone 1cm apart from the holder which covers the lightning connector in the normal mode, but I’ve got no 90-degree connector and if you try it, you have to put weight on the gimbals arm to balance it.

Sorry, ive send the reply too early

Of course you can try to place the phone 1cm apart from the holder which covers the lightning connector in the normal mode, but I’ve got no 90-degree connector and if you try it, you have to put weight on the gimbals arm to balance it.
I can’t understand why DJI didn’t put a connector into the phone holder on the Gimbal, switchable between usb c and lightning, just like they’ve done in the controller for the Mavic Pro!
This would had been a very outstanding solution compared to other gimbals and very helpful, but DJI just failed at this point really bad in my opinion...
2018-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules