Slow SD card warning
24700 26 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans31d21aca
lvl.1
Maldives

Hello,
I am traveling and have limited access too the internet. I shot some videos today and came back to hotel to start editing the files. I got a bit supprised when I noticed that the sd slow warning was showing. Same sd card as before just that i took it out and put it back in.
Anyone else have this issue?

01C88E64-F75F-4EEE-AF48-22C95D9ABE2C.jpeg
2018-2-16
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

dji manual recomends U1 but it seems many of us are using U3 cause it writes quicker and apparently better suited to 4k writing and reading
2018-2-16
Use props
fans31d21aca
lvl.1
Maldives

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-2-16 07:30
dji manual recomends U1 but it seems many of us are using U3 cause it writes quicker and apparently better suited to 4k writing and reading

That’s so wrong, it was no issue before and now it is “to slow” seems a bit wired.. all I did was pull it out and back in.
2018-2-16
Use props
fans31d21aca
lvl.1
Maldives

Sorry, I did not mean your wrong, just that the situation is so wrong...
2018-2-16
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

fans31d21aca Posted at 2018-2-16 07:51
Sorry, I did not mean your wrong, just that the situation is so wrong...

i understand - there have been things that i did not expect either - very frustrating
2018-2-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The ultra does tend to have problems. Look at upgrading to the extreme/plus/pro for the best results.
2018-2-16
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

i have the same card, same error.  left that card in my p3p and i got this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i can verify it works perfect with the Air and fair price.
2018-2-16
Use props
Wayne_Silver
lvl.1
Sweden

I bought the recommended SD card and it is okay now, thanks for the help.
2018-3-18
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had that problem.
Got one of these and problem gone.

zzp.jpg
2018-3-18
Use props
Mikem691
Second Officer
Flight distance : 247474 ft
United States

Part of the problem is the card manufactures advertising on the front of the packaging "up to 90 mb per second" That is the read speed. In small print on the back you will see most U1 only have up to 60 mb write speed. I caught this while standing in line when I bought my micro sd card and went back for a faster card.
2018-3-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-3-18 14:08
I had that problem.
Got one of these and problem gone.

That's the one I bought.  I wanted to make sure the card's write speed was not a bottle neck for MPP.
"Extreme PRO microSDXC Memory Card Plus SD Adapter up to 100 MB/s, Class 10, U3, V30, A1"
Believe write speed is "up to 90MB/s"
2018-3-18
Use props
fansd17af852
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1590955 ft
  • >>>

Honestly, I am not following any of the logic here other than a faster card can fix it.  The question for me is what broke?
I brought both my I2 and PH4P on a gig after updating the firmware to the newest.  Both units were using the same cards that I have been using for months (and the ones that came with them BTW) and now I am getting slow card warnings on both?  Something doesn't smell right here!

Do get me wrong as I do this for a living so of course, I am taking everyone's advise and just bought the suggested cards  and will test them, but something changed globally in my opinion
2018-5-3
Use props
SebaF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 589462 ft
Argentina

I have tried different classes of SD CARDs and NEVER got that error.
2018-5-3
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

I always get that error although the card (PNY 128GB) has a write speed of 20+MB/s (much higher than the theoretical 12.5MB/s required) and works without any issues in both MA and Panasonic LX100, which also records 100Mb/s 4K...
2018-5-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

fansd17af852 Posted at 2018-5-3 09:39
Honestly, I am not following any of the logic here other than a faster card can fix it.  The question for me is what broke?
I brought both my I2 and PH4P on a gig after updating the firmware to the newest.  Both units were using the same cards that I have been using for months (and the ones that came with them BTW) and now I am getting slow card warnings on both?  Something doesn't smell right here!

The question for me is what broke?
I brought both my I2 and PH4P on a gig after updating the firmware to the newest.  

Possibly firmware update caused problem or perhaps firmware introduced a write / read test as a part of verifying microSD card is useable?

One other thought.  There are different ways to write data and read data from storage devices.  Latest firmware update may have changed how data is written to and read from microSD card to improve performance.

Few types in simplified form:
There is I/O done in terms of a single character or a byte.  OS level I/O drivers and caching can turn those bytes into groups of bytes, doing block writes and block reads.
There is also I/O done in blocks.  With block size varying from say 1024 bytes to 65536 bytes (or bigger).  Which again OS level I/O drivers and caching can aggregate.
There is also Raw I/O which can bypass I/O drivers and in some cases caching done at OS level.

2018-5-3
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

I got same SD slow error sometimes. But I am not shooting 4K video so just ignore it. No problem for my photo and video so far.
2018-5-3
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-3-18 14:08
I had that problem.
Got one of these and problem gone.

Can confirm. 32gb and 64gb extreme PRO work flawlessly.
2018-5-4
Use props
aesculus2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69245 ft
United States

I had this problem after the latest firmware update with the 20 mbs write speed of the Samsung 32GB 95MB/s (U1) MicroSD EVO Select Memory Card.
2018-5-9
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

For me, i started with the Ultra, and got the slow SD card errors.  The Ultra never worked for me.  I had to put the Extreme in to begin with.  The only way i was able to record in 4k before putting the extreme in was to record directly to the drone.
2018-5-9
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting, I'm using Samsung Pro Endurance U1 and get the same warning but it records 4K without a problem. They're the same ones I use in my Inspire 2 without a problem. In fact I had to do a lot of card buying and returning for the Inspire 4K option and these cards where the one of few that worked.... I reckon it's firmware.
2019-7-10
Use props
ririlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 879154 ft
Canada

I had a slow card warning with the same card you have. I change for this one.  No problem so far.

2019-7-10
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

If the card you were using was/did work at some time or another, and now your just getting this issue, try to format the card in the bird.
After you copy all the contents to your PC.
Also, it is not a good idea to "work" the images directly on/off the card. Copy them to your hard drive, then tweak 'em...
2019-7-10
Use props
Edward Smith's Replacement
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1837444 ft
United States

I always make sure it is rated with U3 & V30 and with the exception of bad cards they have worked great. Beware of low priced cards I have had problems with all of them I've purchased
2019-7-11
Use props
vkmaynard
lvl.1

United States

Just got this same error yesterday on a SanDisk that has been working for the 1.5 years.
2022-5-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

vkmaynard Posted at 5-15 09:06
Just got this same error yesterday on a SanDisk that has been working for the 1.5 years.

Try reformating the card.
2022-5-15
Use props
shades2
lvl.1
United States

I just talked to a  DJI Supervisor regarding this issue..
She said its the never time she heard of it
2022-9-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

shades2 Posted at 9-23 16:40
I just talked to a  DJI Supervisor regarding this issue..
She said its the 1st time she heard of it

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. We manage to find out your ticket number via the forum account. We will make further checks. Besides, may we know if you have tried to change other SD cards to see if it works? Please tell us more details about your issue and we will try our best to help you out.
2022-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules