I can't power down the Remote Controller
4040 5 2015-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shtanky
lvl.1

United States

I just got my I1 back from DJI and went to power up. The Remote Controller took a few presses to pursuade it to power on, but now it won't power off. It already had a 3 light charge so I tried plugging it into AC to see if it just needed a kick, no luck. It did start beeping about 5 minutes into the charge, but when i picked it up the beeping stopped. About 5 minutes later it started beeping again. Is the Controller supposed to get hot while charging? Any suggestions?
2015-4-30
Use props
Boogieman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5611893 ft
  • >>>
United States

Controller will get a little warm.  You did tap the tap and hold and it will still not turn off correct?
2015-4-30
Use props
doctrrf
lvl.3

United States

You probably already have this problem resolved by now but, I'll post in case someone is interested.

The same happened with my controller after the last FW update (for reference: I had a steady green led) This seemed to work for me but, maybe just a coincidence, your mileage may vary: first make sure the bird is off. Hold down the power button about 1+ minute, then give it a couple of quick taps and hold briefly as you would in a normal power off, this worked for me. If that doesn't work try letting the controller timeout, don't touch it. It should shutdown from lack of stick movement (takes 10 or 15 minutes? I can't remember) Finally, you may just have to let the battery run down until the controller shuts off; hopefully that will clear the fault.
2015-4-30
Use props
Shtanky
lvl.1

United States

That's funny doctrff, that's what I did more or less. I was determined to shut the thing off and just kept trying different things. My only other option was to send it back to DJI. Needless to say after I managed to turn it off, it now seems to work fine. I don't think there's a guarantee it won't happen again though. Thank you Boogieman and doctrrf for your help. The remote does get a bit hotter than a little warm when charging.
2015-5-1
Use props
fans41531a7b
New
Maldives

DJI Phantom 4

Unable to Switch off the Remote, It has been beeping for more then 24 hours, I am keeping inside a box to silence it, Tried every word on the forum and helpless in the middle of Indian Ocean,

I dont have a Service centre anywhere close by here in Indian Ocean, The closest is singapore and i cant send while its beeping like a time bomb,

I would appreciate any help from your exprerience too,
2017-5-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to provide a short video of how it's behaving? If you move the RC sticks, the beeping would cease for the exception if it's a low battery warning.
2017-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules