DJI Phantom 3 Owner - Beginner Questions
1434 2 2015-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jon.hopkins.1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,

I recently recieved my DJI Advanced and have a couple of questions which with the comments made recently on here do kind of answer themselves against the manual but don't aswell.

1) I have a Ipad 3 mini Wifi only - Is this going to be useless when out and about in terms of connecting the camera/GPS, or would i be right in thinking that's what the lightbridge is there for?

2) Without the DJI Pilot App being available with the correct version for the P3, would i be right in thinking i am unable to fly my P3 at all?

3) Linked to Q2, i have managed to connect the controller but all it's doing is panning the camera left and right. The P3 itself is flashing yellow which i understand to mean it isn't connected, is this connected to the App?

Sorry - these questions may be easily answered and perhaps i already know the answers. I'm just new to drones and would like some suggestions?

Jon
2015-4-30
Use props
purchases
lvl.1

United States

1) iPad 3 mini will work.  Wifi only will be fine.  You will be communicating through the lightning cable.
2) You are grounded until the new app works with the Phantom 3.  I've tried to get it to work on the mini and you have no communication to the remote which means you can't activate the quadcopter.
3) Sorry, can't answer this.  Would assume it's doing this because it is not activated, but I did not see this behavior.

M@
2015-4-30
Use props
Jon.hopkins.1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Purchases,

Thank you for your speedy response. I'd imagine 3 is tied into the lack of connectivity. Just going to have to sit tight until the iOS update gets a release.

Thanks again!

Jon
2015-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules