Renaming drone in app does not really work
1516 4 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

Ok, first I know that you can rename the drone in the app. But this apparently does not really rename it. Here is why I say this. I got my first P3S used. It had the name of "elgato". I changed this in the app, and it appears to have changed there. However, when I upload the flight data to the Airdata site, it still has the old name.  To jump ahead, I got a brand new P3S (at a real good price) and named it Phantom #2.  When I upload the data from that one to Airdata, it has the correct name. Below are the steps I took with the used drone to make sure the new name "stuck". But apparently the name change is only in the app and not actually in the data.  Anyone see any step I am missing?

1. Deleted (not just clear) flight logs from app (IOS).
2. Synced with DJI servers.
3. Synced again to ensure all logs were actually deleted (i.e. after second sync I had no logs in app).
4. Deleted log files already uploaded on Airdata site.
5. With P3S powered up, renamed drone in the app and saved it.
6. Powered everything down and back up again. New name is still in app.
7. Did a few test flights.
8. Synced with DJI servers.
9. Used HD Sync to transfer logs to Airdata site.
10. These new log files on Airdata site still show the old drone name.
11. Flight logs from new P3S have the correct name on the Airdata site
2018-2-16
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
United States

So has nobody else noticed this does not really work, or just not care? I recall reading many posts about people wanting ot be able to rename it, but if it's really not doing what it claims, then what is the use?
2018-2-23
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Guess when it's named, it's a forever thing lol.
2018-2-23
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-2-23 12:58
Guess when it's named, it's a forever thing lol.

That is what people were saying for a long time until they added the option in the app to change it. But apparently it is not really changing it down in the bowels.

Something I have not tried is using a different device (i.e. android vice ios) to see if the other app shows the new name.

Not the end of the world, but it would just be nice it is actually did what it implies it is doing.  
2018-2-23
Use props
ManuP4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136483 ft
Italy

Old thread I know..but I have the same problem too!
2019-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules