1192 11 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse46269bb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 171745 ft
United States

Hi there,

Hoping one of you DJI Support admins can help escalate this...  Not getting much help from the support phone or email..

Short version:
Was gettng mid-air camera/gimbal resets, and "jelly" in my footage.  So I emailed tech support and sent video showing the problem.
Was told to send it in and they will evaluate.   I sent last week, and they got it yesterday

Quick turnaround and quote saying they needed to replace: the Middle Frame Module, Rear Right Motor Arm, and Front Left Motor Arm.   And no mention of the camera or gimbal.
and they quoted me $79 for this under DJI Care

As my drone had not crashed, and was in perfect shape other than the defective camera issue, I assumed they were looking at the wrong drone.   
I called them and explained and got the "dont be concerned, its going to be replaced with a new drone and camera.."

Fine, except for the fact that it was a defective camera that "should" be covered under Warranty (got the drone in November 2017) AND I had mistakenly left my 200gb SD card in it that I would like back...  Also I trusted my drones flying capabilities, and keep seeing in this forum that DJI replaces drones with refurbished ones and they've fallen out of the sky, had batteries eject mid-flight, etc...  I'd rather just get the new camera/gimbal with the drone that I trust...

I just sent an email this afternoon explaining all this, and got this response that doesnt answer anything I asked about:

"
The parts on the invoice are there mainly for cosmetic damage. Since the invoice sent is for DJI Care Refresh, the aircraft will be replaced in full with a working one, including a working gimbal/camera. The parts on the invoice do not need to be adjusted to resolve the main issue. "

There was no cosmetic damage...

The case is
CAS-1468803-N2S2G6 CRM:0320000002480  

I will email all supporting documentation if needed.  

Thank you-=James Hannon

2018-2-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am sorry for your case. I will forward your case to the local team to check again. Please wait patiently and the proper team will contact you soon.
2018-2-17
Use props
TKJimbo
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-17 04:41
I am sorry for your case. I will forward your case to the local team to check again. Please wait patiently and the proper team will contact you soon.

Thank you - waiting patiently.
2018-2-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

TKJimbo Posted at 2018-2-17 20:26
Thank you - waiting patiently.

Hi James. As per checking your case it was forwarded to Invoice team for dispute and someone emailed you yesterday. Please check your inbox and reply to the email for further clarifications. Thank you.
2018-2-17
Use props
TKJimbo
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-17 21:39
Hi James. As per checking your case it was forwarded to Invoice team for dispute and someone emailed you yesterday. Please check your inbox and reply to the email for further clarifications. Thank you.

Hi Thor,

The last email I got from DJI Support was on Fri 2/16/2018 12:54 PM (see below)

This was actually the email I got right before I wen to the forum for an admin's help in escalating it...  The responder did not read my email...     There was no cosmetic damage...   I sent it in because the camera was defective and there was not a crash and "should" be covered under warranty...

I shouldn't have to pay for the repair, nor lose one of my two DJI CARE repairs over this...  I can posy my original email.

"Hello James,
The parts on the invoice are there mainly for cosmetic damage. Since the invoice sent is for DJI Care Refresh, the aircraft will be replaced in full with a working one, including a working gimbal/camera. The parts on the invoice do not need to be adjusted to resolve the main issue.
Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789
Email: support.us@dji.com
Online Support: http://www.dji.com/support/product
Best Regards,
DJI NA Repair Administration"
2018-2-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

RE: Request for help. Returned drone - wrong info when got there

TKJimbo Posted at 2018-2-18 19:26
Hi Thor,

The last email I got from DJI Support was on Fri 2/16/2018 12:54 PM (see below)

Please wait patiently. We will look into the case and try to solve the problems. If you have other doubts, please let us know.
2018-2-19
Use props
TKJimbo
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-19 00:18
Please wait patiently. We will look into the case and try to solve the problems. If you have other doubts, please let us know.

Hi Elektra, I didnt post that update because I was being impatient.   DJI Thor had posted that Support had responded to me already, and I wanted to let him know that I hadn't gotten any updates since the original email that prompted this message thread...
2018-2-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi James, Thank you for clarifying this to us. I do understand that you don't agree with the result of the assessment. We can request to conduct a data analysis on your case by sending your flight records using DJI Go 4 app. We will update your case and request to Data analysis to check your flight details.
2018-2-19
Use props
TKJimbo
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-19 11:22
Hi James, Thank you for clarifying this to us. I do understand that you don't agree with the result of the assessment. We can request to conduct a data analysis on your case by sending your flight records using DJI Go 4 app. We will update your case and request to Data analysis to check your flight details.

Thank you Thor.   Please let me know what I need to do on my end to help make this go smoothly...
2018-2-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TKJimbo Posted at 2018-2-19 11:55
Thank you Thor.   Please let me know what I need to do on my end to help make this go smoothly...

Thanks for your understanding. The designated team is taking care of your case and will help you get the update soon. We'll keep an eye on this as well. Hope this can be addressed out soon.
2018-2-19
Use props
TKJimbo
lvl.1
United States

Thanks admins for getting my email escalated...   Once someone got back to me over there and actually explained what the situation was, we were
able to move the repair ahead..   and it should be back in my hands on Tuesday..

2018-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TKJimbo Posted at 2018-2-25 19:50
Thanks admins for getting my email escalated...   Once someone got back to me over there and actually explained what the situation was, we were
able to move the repair ahead..   and it should be back in my hands on Tuesday..

You are welcome, the drone is on the way back to you, hope you will receive it soon.
Please keep us updated if there is any other problem. We are always here to help.
2018-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules