Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problem with some starting some GS Pro Missions.
4691 8 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0eb511f9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51247 ft
United States

I went to a wide open field this morning to test out some GS Pro features that I will need for a golf course fly-over next week.  I have used GS Pro before and understand most of the settings.  However, I could not get the mission to work and finally left the test site and went home to test in my yard.  After setting up a couple of test missions by picking waypoints on the map and by flying the UAV, I noticed that some flights simply will not start while others worked flawlessly.  The UAV hovers but will not move towards the waypoint, it just hovers waiting with the red pause button in the upper right corver of the screen.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Does anyone know why it will execute some missions but not others.

I am using a DJI Phantom 4 with the most recent firmware updates as well as the most recent software.
2018-2-16
Use props
fans0eb511f9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51247 ft
United States

Problem fixed.
2018-2-20
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What was the cause ?
2018-2-20
Use props
Mariuss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Yes, what was the cause? I have the same issue as well!
2018-2-22
Use props
AJ-UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 903576 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mariuss Posted at 2018-2-22 15:30
Yes, what was the cause? I have the same issue as well!

Two annoying causes that I have found previously:
1) Maximum distance needs to be set to active in Go 4 first
2) Craft cannot be in Sport mode
But for sure there are other reasons too.
I find it really annoying that GS Pro gets the craft to take off before deciding that it won’t proceed.
It would be safer and more useful if a cause came up on the screen as soon as the user initiated a mission and there was no takeoff. Especially as the software then effectively freezes and will not allow  the craft to land. (Switching to Sports mode breaks that spell).
2018-9-26
Use props
Mariuss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I fixed my issue the other day and forgot to update this thread. My problem was that the aircraft did not take off when mission was initialized. The problem was that the aircraft was too far away from the location of the take-off spot(!). This was merely 5-8m and was enough for the app not to work and no indication what the problem was. Hope this helps if anyone should experience this issue.
2018-12-12
Use props
Nermie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56795 ft
Australia

AJ-UK Posted at 2018-9-26 08:46
Two annoying causes that I have found previously:
1) Maximum distance needs to be set to active in Go 4 first
2) Craft cannot be in Sport mode

Aj-UK, I am having the same issue with GSpro not starting the mission. I am using a Mavic Pro 2 and have used the waypoint missions before and they have worked with no issues. But today, it would not work and the drone just lifts off and hovers. It would not go to the Start point and fly the mission.

I was not in Sport mode, It was in P mode.
I do not understand your reference 1. "maximum distance needs to be set in Go 4 first". How is a setting in Go 4, impacting upon or affecting the GSPro app?. GSpro and Go 4 are different Apps and I was only running the GSpro app as this app allows Waypoints and the GS4 app does not at this stage (only for hyper lapse).

Can you please elaborate on how you fixed the problem in GSpro. There is no "maximum distance setting in GSpro app that I can find. If there is a distance limitation from where the Drone takes off and the initial Start "waypoint". Can you detail what that distance limitation is?

Thanks
2019-1-3
Use props
andyboyduk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 903576 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nermie Posted at 1-3 04:53
Aj-UK, I am having the same issue with GSpro not starting the mission. I am using a Mavic Pro 2 and have used the waypoint missions before and they have worked with no issues. But today, it would not work and the drone just lifts off and hovers. It would not go to the Start point and fly the mission.

I was not in Sport mode, It was in P mode.

Sorry for the delay in responding.
The Set Max Flight Distance is here in the Go 4 app.

I imagine that there are a number of settings in the Go apps that are transferred to the drone and are 'persistent' (i.e. retained in the event of loss of contact with the controller or when another app is in use). I read of this particular feature/bug somewhere else on this forum. And adding a Max Flight Distance worked for me. But there are lots of other odd reasons GSPro refuses to fly a mission. I have done something as simple as adjust the radius on the corner of a flight that it previously accepted, and then it refuses to fly the mission (drone takes off but then freezes).

IMG_0181.jpg
2019-3-16
Use props
fansfff0eb16
New

United States

I started having this same issue after downloading the new version.  Eventually, after canceling and restarted the mission, do I get it done.  DJI support wants all kinds of data before they'll talk to me...not pleased.
2020-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules