DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.2. - Crashing when trying to update No-Fly d...
11316 31 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
achim1989
lvl.2
Germany

Tried to update the No-Fly database on my mavic Air today using the latest DJI assistant 2 v1.2.2. but it is always crashing when starting the transmit... DJI? Any help?

2018-2-16
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

it happen to me to. so, i always click ignore.
2018-2-16
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Why are you using DJI Assistant? Have you had problems using Go 4 to update the aircraft?
2018-2-16
Use props
achim1989
lvl.2
Germany

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-2-16 14:38
Why are you using DJI Assistant? Have you had problems using Go 4 to update the aircraft?

I'm using the assistant because I prefer to have my drone connected to a PC with a power plug and a battery during update process so that no power failure might brick my drone. Also I prefer a cable connection for transmitting important data such as update files.
2018-2-16
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

achim1989 Posted at 2018-2-16 14:42
I'm using the assistant because I prefer to have my drone connected to a PC with a power plug and a battery during update process so that no power failure might brick my drone. Also I prefer a cable connection for transmitting important data such as update files.

Fair enough. No-fly database updates are super-quick, though, I've done them in the field over a cellular data connection and it's only taken a couple secs.
2018-2-16
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

There clearly is an issue with the database updates via DJI Assistant. On my PC it just closes down before finishing the update.
2018-2-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, have you tried to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 and update again? Please try this method. If it doesn’t work, try to update via DJI GO 4 app. And I will forward the case to our engineers, too. But sorry to tell it might be a little delay since the Engineers from HQ are in the Chinese New Year holiday now. Thank you for understanding.
2018-2-16
Use props
achim1989
lvl.2
Germany

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-2-16 15:12
Fair enough. No-fly database updates are super-quick, though, I've done them in the field over a cellular data connection and it's only taken a couple secs.

Also fair enough. But you I tink you would agree that If I have my drone connected to the PC and have already update its firmware, that updating the database should be doable in the same process via the assistant, right? because a crashing assistant is clearly a faulty software.
2018-2-17
Use props
achim1989
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-16 23:27
Hi there, have you tried to reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 and update again? Please try this method. If it doesn’t work, try to update via DJI GO 4 app. And I will forward the case to our engineers, too. But sorry to tell it might be a little delay since the Engineers from HQ are in the Chinese New Year holiday now. Thank you for understanding.

Sure, no worries.
Happy Chinese new year!
2018-2-17
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

achim1989 Posted at 2018-2-17 05:52
Also fair enough. But you I tink you would agree that If I have my drone connected to the PC and have already update its firmware, that updating the database should be doable in the same process via the assistant, right? because a crashing assistant is clearly a faulty software.

I would, I didn't even know you could do database updates via DJI Assistant 2, does the update appear in the same listing as the firmware updates?
2018-2-17
Use props
achim1989
lvl.2
Germany

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-2-17 08:28
I would, I didn't even know you could do database updates via DJI Assistant 2, does the update appear in the same listing as the firmware updates?

As an extra button below the list
2018-2-17
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

achim1989 Posted at 2018-2-17 09:36
As an extra button below the list

Cool, good to know, thanks.
2018-2-17
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Thor....seems to be an issue....I did the same thing last night and the latest Assistant crashes during update NFZ....it does work if you unplug and use Go4 but not the Assistant....all other updates through the Assistant worked fine...and yes, uninstall and reinstall didn’t solve it....
2018-2-17
Use props
achim1989
lvl.2
Germany

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-2-17 17:19
Hey Thor....seems to be an issue....I did the same thing last night and the latest Assistant crashes during update NFZ....it does work if you unplug and use Go4 but not the Assistant....all other updates through the Assistant worked fine...and yes, uninstall and reinstall didn’t solve it....

thx for verifying
2018-2-18
Use props
fans284eee39
New
United Kingdom

Can also confirm this problem with the No Fly update crashing DJI Assistant 2 (latest version) - it does it on two different Windows 10 computers, but works properly on the Mac version.
2018-2-28
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

Same today with me. I finally used Dji Go4 and it work .. Win 10, DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.2.845.
2018-2-28
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Same here Windows 10 get NFZ update prompt, tap to update and the window just disappears and prompts me again on restart. "Ignore" works great !!
2018-2-28
Use props
OrgSys
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2905515 ft
Australia

Same problem here. Almost a year now. App fails to update drone due to connectivity problmes, DJI assist 2 just crashing on updating timezone.
2018-12-18
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

OrgSys Posted at 12-18 23:28
Same problem here. Almost a year now. App fails to update drone due to connectivity problmes, DJI assist 2 just crashing on updating timezone.

Try dji assistant 2 for mavic v2.0.4
2018-12-18
Use props
mikegyde
lvl.1
Australia

Did anyone get anywhere with this

I am really p**** off at how much money i spent on this drone, and not only does it not get even remotely close to the advertised 4000m distance ( I live in the country on acreage with the nearest property 2000m away from me)

and when i am in the built up CBD i get a mere 20-30m tops!

i am now trying to factory reset the device as it was better when i first got it, but for some reason getting worse in the first month.....

But whne i download the assistant app it keeps crashing!

I just did a flysafe database update, but had to use the app on my phone not the computer app..

For a company we pay so much money to for a product they really need to get their ... together.

It almost seems a cheap chinese ripoff is no worse than an "expensive chinese genuine" product...

I cant use this device to get any footage cause it doesnt go anywhere!!  Ive tried 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz and custom channel, and going to different places and it just wont  work!

2019-2-9
Use props
djiuser_snTruUGDbD5J
lvl.1
United States

mikegyde Posted at 2-9 15:49
Did anyone get anywhere with this

I am really p**** off at how much money i spent on this drone, and not only does it not get even remotely close to the advertised 4000m distance ( I live in the country on acreage with the nearest property 2000m away from me)

I know this thread is older, but I wanted to know if anyone resolved this issue.  I have a Mavic Air and I can't update the No-Fly Database.  Things I've tried:

1. I've tried updating the NF DB multiple times from the DJI Go app - it always fails.
2. I tried updating it multiple times via the latest version of DJI Assistant on my Windows 10 PC - the app completely crashes when starting to "transmit" the update.
3.  I installed DJI Assistant on another Windows 10 PC and had the same results as above - it crashed multiple times when hitting the "Transmit" phase.

Do I need to remove my SD card for the drone to update?  That's the only thing I've added to the drone but that frankly makes no sense to me.
2019-6-25
Use props
lr1711
New

Spain

Here I am a yr later with the same problem. Have the engineers come back from holidays? tks
2019-7-29
Use props
TiagoUA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 552428 ft
Portugal

lr1711 Posted at 7-29 01:31
Here I am a yr later with the same problem. Have the engineers come back from holidays? tks

here I am too. Unreal...
2019-8-10
Use props
djiuser_HbnUqEGNxSpS
New

China

I am using DJI Assistant 2 V1.2.5
Device firmware: V01.00.0620
If I try to update No-Fly DB then DJI Assistant crashes.
2019-11-6
Use props
Errrrik
lvl.1
United States

TiagoUA Posted at 8-10 10:01
here I am too. Unreal...

Yup, same here. The reinstalling DJIAss. recommendation is pointless essentially, I've done it 2-3 times and always the same.  
2019-11-25
Use props
Errrrik
lvl.1
United States

here I am too. Unreal...

Yup, same here. The reinstalling DJIAss. recommendation is pointless essentially, I've done it 2-3 times and always the same.  
2019-11-25
Use props
Errrrik
lvl.1
United States

here I am too. Unreal...

2019-11-25
Use props
Errrrik
lvl.1
United States

Why did my comment repeat itself twice and why can't i delete the duplicates?
2019-11-25
Use props
djiuser_g7LtiVu6aZY7
New
Ireland

Same issue here.  Can someone from Dji please answer the forum with a proper solution to this issue.  I am a windows 10 user and Dji assistant keeps crashing on transmit when trying to update Mavic Air.
2020-5-11
Use props
vletroye
New

Belgium

Same for me, in March 2021 !!!
2021-3-13
Use props
djiuser_YafKKIjb2oun
New

United States

Same problem; getting to update Mavic Air
No fly crashes the DJI Assistant on Win10
As soon as it tries transmitting;
Note there is a newer version of Assistant but the Air is not listed and says it cannot be recognized.  Then forces loading dji assistant 1.2.5

Maybe if we could use version 2.0.14 this would solved?
2021-8-23
Use props
tneds
New

United States

2023 and I am having the same issue as above. I would like to have an answer to this, please.
2023-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules