Mavic Air and Pro packed size comparison
4148 6 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
minim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36683 ft
Norway

I've been looking in a lot of reviews lately and they all seems to show  the size of them unpacked on the desk folded/unfolded. I'm interested in how it can be packed down for travel Obviously the Mavic Air is great but how small can the pro get and is it easy to get into a laptop bag going on airplanes?
I'm traveling a lot at work bringing my laptop bag with me all the time. There is not loads of space and I can't check in the drone or batteries due to air line rules so size matters a lot. I have a phantom 4 that I'm listing now since it's so big I never bother bringing it and then it only get shelf time in my hobby room.

The Mavic air seems to be a good choice but I really don't like the limited range on it (and I'm on CE on  top of that..) so if I can manage with the mavic pro that would be the best.
2018-2-16
Use props
GeneralToner
lvl.4

United States

Hope these help you make a decision, added a Dr Pepper can for comparison of size.

Quad Compare - Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Spark-1.jpg
Quad Compare - Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Spark-2.jpg
Quad Compare - Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Spark-3.jpg
Quad Compare - Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Spark-4.jpg
Quad Compare - Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Spark-5.jpg
Quad Compare - Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Spark-6.jpg
Quad Compare - Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Spark-7.jpg
Quad Compare - Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Spark-8.jpg
Quad Compare - Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Spark-9.jpg
2018-2-16
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm not impressed at all with the Air's range, but I can tell you it's still considerably better than my Phantom 4
2018-2-16
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

Size or rather volume wise, I learnt that I can get the MA, controller and 4 batteries to just squeeze into a 3ltr EVOC camera ‘block’ (CB3). So pretty small!
2018-2-16
Use props
minim
lvl.2
Norway

That's awesome pictures there. Just what I was looking for. Looks like the pro really isn't that horrible. I'm so used to the P4 range  that I'm not sure if I'm rdy to get it cut in half :X

Monkey007, why is it better then P4?
2018-2-17
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

minim Posted at 2018-2-17 00:40
That's awesome pictures there. Just what I was looking for. Looks like the pro really isn't that horrible. I'm so used to the P4 range  that I'm not sure if I'm rdy to get it cut in half :X

Monkey007, why is it better then P4?

Unless my Phantom 4 is a dud from day1, otherwise I'm finding its range unacceptable, compared to both my Mavic Pro and Mavic Platinum. The best I've seen so far was 1000m but in most of my shooting locations my P4 will lose connection and go into RTH anywhere between 200m to 400m, maybe 500m at the most.
2018-2-17
Use props
minim
lvl.2
Norway

Oh then it sounds like something is wrong with the p4. I’ve been out 4500m with mine (CE).
2018-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules