527 5 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have figured out part of it. It is clearly a FW issue. If you try to shoot a still or a pano while in S mode the camera locks.
Only way out is to land and reboot. Nothing else will let you out of it. All Camera settings get greyed out.

On the Spark, if you try to shoot a pano in S mode, a message pops up saying that shooting is not permitted. But that's all that happens. As soon as you switch back to P mode, it works. And this was not an issue before the FW update on the Air.

Not sure what, if any, influence APAS has because I keep it off. Hope DJI fixes this soon......

Hey mods................ Listening?

2018-2-16
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Important finding, thank you for sharing!
2018-2-16
Use props
Berg I Imagery
First Officer
Flight distance : 70577 ft
United States

Yeah, good info. I haven’t even tried sport mode on my air yet. I’ll definitely keep this in mind
2018-2-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hey, thank you for your report. I will forward this to our engineers to confirm. But sorry to tell it might be a little delay since our engineers from HQ are in the Spring Festival holiday, thank you for your kind understanding.
2018-2-16
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-16 22:58
Hey, thank you for your report. I will forward this to our engineers to confirm. But sorry to tell it might be a little delay since our engineers from HQ are in the Spring Festival holiday, thank you for your kind understanding.

Thanks for replying and forwarding to engineers.
I don't expect instant fix and want to tell others how to avoid this glitch.
I expect some fine tuning of a brand new product and knew this going in. I won't be one of those that gripes about that.
I think the Air is awesome!

2018-2-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14588274 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2018-2-17
Use props
Advanced