123Next >
37521 106 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

When I received my MA two weeks ago, I had no problems at all with the connection to my Windows 10 PC. DJI Assistant was working and I could access both the SD card and the internal memory on MA. Since then I could not fly again due to either weather or time constraints. After flying two batteries today, I could not access the footage stored on my MA any more. Connection to DJI Assistant works well though. The only change I can remember is a recent Windows update a few days ago. Does anyone else have the same problem and maybe a solution?

Edit: All works well on my Windows 7 Laptop. Therefore my main suspect is the recent Windows 10 update.
2018-2-16
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Device manager has pegged it as "DRIVER ERROR"
I am having the same problem and have spent many hours trying to fix it. I even emailed DJI and asked them for a fix. They surprised me by responding very quick with some possible solutions. None have worked yet, but yesterday they sent me a 8 page word doc. with a very detailed step by step procedure that the tech says he is sure will work. I just haven't had the time to go through it yet.
If it works, I will surely share it here and on other forums as many are having this problem.
2018-2-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hmm, I think I just stepped into a parallel universe. Hehe.
This is not a new problem - there’s many threads on this. Sadly, no solution yet.
Hey Aero, I’d love to hear how the instructions work out. Thor dropboxed me an exe which installs just the DJI drivers - I’m yet to try it. I’ll post back on that.
2018-2-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I should also say that there was initially no traction on this despite my bleating, but now there’s a spurt of DJI help to resolve it. I’m grateful for that.
2018-2-16
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why not operate on the principal of it aint broke don't fix it.

I still operate on Windows 7 and have not updated for over 5 years I would guess. All works well and I don't have this sort of hastle. People who constantly up date are asking for trouble.

The issue will be with the USB driver or the actual USB port its self. Try another computer unless of course you have updated all of them to the latest version

Dennis
2018-2-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Since the connection between the drone and DJI Assistant 2 works, driver might work normally. But you can try to replug the cable, restart the drone. Please let me know if it doesn’t work. As for now, please try to export the files via the Win7 system, thank you for your support.
2018-2-16
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-16 22:52
Since the connection between the drone and DJI Assistant 2 works, driver might work normally. But you can try to replug the cable, restart the drone. Please let me know if it doesn’t work. As for now, please try to export the files very a the Win7 system, thank you for your support.

Thank you Thor and first of all happy new year! I have tried this many times and I can hear that it connects, just the two USB drives of the Mavic Air remain invisible.
2018-2-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-2-16 20:06
Device manager has pegged it as "DRIVER ERROR"
I am having the same problem and have spent many hours trying to fix it. I even emailed DJI and asked them for a fix. They surprised me by responding very quick with some possible solutions. None have worked yet, but yesterday they sent me a 8 page word doc. with a very detailed step by step procedure that the tech says he is sure will work. I just haven't had the time to go through it yet.
If it works, I will surely share it here and on other forums as many are having this problem.

That is another weird detail, according to the device manager all is well.
2018-2-17
Use props
fans7bc30c01
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-17 00:27
That is another weird detail, according to the device manager all is well.

I have found that Windows 10 does not see the drives when the Assistant program is open. When I close it the drives show up after about 10 seconds and I can access the folders. This bugged me for a while as counter intuitive.

David
2018-2-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

fans7bc30c01 Posted at 2018-2-17 01:01
I have found that Windows 10 does not see the drives when the Assistant program is open. When I close it the drives show up after about 10 seconds and I can access the folders. This bugged me for a while as counter intuitive.

David

Hi David, that is not the cause in my case. I had DJI Assistant always closed when I tried. What annoys me most is that before all worked well and only now it doesn't.
2018-2-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-2-16 22:16
Hmm, I think I just stepped into a parallel universe. Hehe.
This is not a new problem - there’s many threads on this. Sadly, no solution yet.
Hey Aero, I’d love to hear how the instructions work out. Thor dropboxed me an exe which installs just the DJI drivers - I’m yet to try it. I’ll post back on that.

Sorry that I had forgotten about your already existing dedicated thread on this problem. I suggest we all continue it there: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D534%26typeid%3D534
2018-2-17
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

There’s a few similar problems among these lines, my Deutsche compadre. Check the threads relating to issues with assistant 2 connecting to the controller.
Windows 10 is creating challenges for DJI, me thinks...
2018-2-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-2-17 02:25
There’s a few similar problems among these lines, my Deutsche compadre. Check the threads relating to issues with assistant 2 connecting to the controller.
Windows 10 is creating challenges for DJI, me thinks...

The connection problem with the RC is clearly driver related and will be solved soon I believe.
2018-2-17
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here's what it shows on my comp

err.jpg
2018-2-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-2-17 04:53
Here's what it shows on my comp

I don't have any DJI device there, strange.
2018-2-17
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

That screenshot was with Spark plugged in. With Mavic Air it shows "Mavic Air & DRIVER ERROR"
2018-2-17
Use props
Hexacopter
lvl.4

Australia

Microsoft want money for driver certification. Windoze 10 is a cash cow! https://answers.microsoft.com/en ... 5ecd4a05bc25?auth=1 - Lol

* hex *
2018-2-17
Use props
LoSBoL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666483 ft
Netherlands

Same issue here, weird thing though. I plugged it into my PC instead of laptop, which didn't have drivers or DJI Assistant on it, and a few 'ding dongs' (windows USB sounds) later, I could see the internal storage.

2018-2-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hexacopter Posted at 2018-2-17 05:51
Microsoft want money for driver certification. Windoze 10 is a cash cow! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-update/why-is-microsoft-asking-for-money-to-give-me/5c2c7ab3-9c1d-4cc1-a54e-5ecd4a05bc25?auth=1 - Lol

* hex *

Sure they want...
2018-2-17
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Just back from down the coast (and I'm very impressed with the little guy). But I still can't access the storage when on-board.

After reinstalling Assistant 2, and removing and re-discovering the drivers using Device Manager, I'm still seeing 2 x DJI Virtual Storage Device on COM5 and COM6, but File explorer doesn't show either up as an accessible storage device. Also tried installing the DJI Driver Pack which Thor kindly dropboxed me to try - but no difference. This is frustrating...
2018-2-17
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-16 22:52
Since the connection between the drone and DJI Assistant 2 works, driver might work normally. But you can try to replug the cable, restart the drone. Please let me know if it doesn’t work. As for now, please try to export the files very a the Win7 system, thank you for your support.

Hi Thor. In another thread regarding a driver issue you provided me with a dropbox link to download a DJI driver pack to see if that solved my issue with accessing storage on the Mavic Air. I can advise that it sadly made no difference, and I'm still unable to directly access the storage (like the other people here also).
2018-2-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-2-17 21:41
Just back from down the coast (and I'm very impressed with the little guy). But I still can't access the storage when on-board.

After reinstalling Assistant 2, and removing and re-discovering the drivers using Device Manager, I'm still seeing 2 x DJI Virtual Storage Device on COM5 and COM6, but File explorer doesn't show either up as an accessible storage device. Also tried installing the DJI Driver Pack which Thor kindly dropboxed me to try - but no difference. This is frustrating...

I can confirm after having done the same several times now without success. Do I understand correctly that you have had the access problem already before installing the new driver pack? If yes, I could exclude this as potential cause on my side (I had also received it for testing the RC connection to Assistant, which it fixed).
2018-2-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-18 00:32
I can confirm after having done the same several times now without success. Do I understand correctly that you have had the access problem already before installing the new driver pack? If yes, I could exclude this as potential cause on my side (I had also received it for testing the RC connection to Assistant, which it fixed).

Yes, I had the issue prior to applying the driver pack. But I didn't have the issue of controller-to-Assistant connection - I only have the issue with Windows 10 not seeing either onboard storage device. I was hoping it was due to the same problem, but it seems not. I'm not sure what to do next...
2018-2-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-2-18 13:23
Yes, I had the issue prior to applying the driver pack. But I didn't have the issue of controller-to-Assistant connection - I only have the issue with Windows 10 not seeing either onboard storage device. I was hoping it was due to the same problem, but it seems not. I'm not sure what to do next...

Thank you for your feedback. Now this is getting almost a funny component if it wasn't that much annoying. For you the RC connection to Assistant has worked from day one but not the connection to internal memory or SD card, right? For me (and others) it was just the opposite until I got the new driver pack which established the RC connection but my access to internal memory/SD card is gone now (I do not say that it is caused by the new driver pack and don't suspect it either any longer). Since we apparently can exclude the new driver pack from the list, one more event remains as potential root of the problem and this would be the latest firmware update.
Thus my next step is a little brainwash for my Air and I shall report back ;-)
2018-2-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-18 14:03
Thank you for your feedback. Now this is getting almost a funny component if it wasn't that much annoying. For you the RC connection to Assistant has worked from day one but not the connection to internal memory or SD card, right? For me (and others) it was just the opposite until I got the new driver pack which established the RC connection but my access to internal memory/SD card is gone now (I do not say that it is caused by the new driver pack and don't suspect it either any longer). Since we apparently can exclude the new driver pack from the list, one more event remains as potential root of the problem and this would be the latest firmware update.
Thus my next step is a little brainwash for my Air and I shall report back ;-)

Well, being accurate for my experience, I didn't upgrade my controller via Assistant 2 - I upgraded via the GO 4 app. But I refreshed the Air via the USB connection and Assistant 2 (so that worked fine), and when I was fault-finding drivers for the storage issue I noted no other driver issues as reported by those with the Assistant-to-controller problem.
And my deutche girlfriend (she's from Hamburg) says that "Wachtberger" is an area?
2018-2-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-2-18 14:16
Well, being accurate for my experience, I didn't upgrade my controller via Assistant 2 - I upgraded via the GO 4 app. But I refreshed the Air via the USB connection and Assistant 2 (so that worked fine), and when I was fault-finding drivers for the storage issue I noted no other driver issues as reported by those with the Assistant-to-controller problem.
And my deutche girlfriend (she's from Hamburg) says that "Wachtberger" is an area?

After my post above there has been a new development on my side. I started up the Air and connected it to my Windows 10 PC which all of a sudden recognised it as a new device displaying in the Device Manager. When I click on properties it shows two associated drivers which I find weird. Too late here now to further dig, I shall continue tomorrow.
Your girlfriend is right, Wachtberg (not Wachtberger) is an area or region about 50 square kilometers large and composed of 13 villages. It is not a town or village itself.
And you are lucky that your girlfriend is from Hamburg, they are great folks over there, I really like them! :-)
2018-2-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-18 14:55
After my post above there has been a new development on my side. I started up the Air and connected it to my Windows 10 PC which all of a sudden recognised it as a new device displaying in the Device Manager. When I click on properties it shows two associated drivers which I find weird. Too late here now to further dig, I shall continue tomorrow.
Your girlfriend is right, Wachtberg (not Wachtberger) is an area or region about 50 square kilometers large and composed of 13 villages. It is not a town or village itself.
And you are lucky that your girlfriend is from Hamburg, they are great folks over there, I really like them! :-)

I would bet that the two new devices are "DJI Virtual Storage" - mine come up as COM5 and COM6. But File Explorer still doesn't see the two storage areas...
And Hamburg - yep, I was there with her last September. Friendly people and lovely place, and they definitely love their food there too :-)
2018-2-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-2-18 15:01
I would bet that the two new devices are "DJI Virtual Storage" - mine come up as COM5 and COM6. But File Explorer still doesn't see the two storage areas...
And Hamburg - yep, I was there with her last September. Friendly people and lovely place, and they definitely love their food there too :-)

No it is more than that. Urgently have to sleep now (past midnight here and I have to get up early). Shall report details and screenshots later today.
And yes, they have good food in Hamburg, but it's not Hamburgers...
2018-2-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-18 15:05
No it is more than that. Urgently have to sleep now (past midnight here and I have to get up early). Shall report details and screenshots later today.

Groan! Just as well I didn't say she was from Frankfurt... ;-)
2018-2-18
Use props
djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-18 15:05

Hi Wachtberger,

What is your disk management showing? there is possibility that just drive letters are not assigned to those devices, sometimes it will happen.
2018-2-19
Use props
Viridis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you not:
Connect mavic, go into device manager, find the mavic, right click, uninstall device, disconnect mavic, restart pc, connect mavic powered off,boot pc, when in desktop power on mavic, leave couple mins for Windows to configure storage.
That should reset the device installation fully
2018-2-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Viridis Posted at 2018-2-19 02:55
Can you not:
Connect mavic, go into device manager, find the mavic, right click, uninstall device, disconnect mavic, restart pc, connect mavic powered off,boot pc, when in desktop power on mavic, leave couple mins for Windows to configure storage.

Thank you, I shall try that later today.
2018-2-19
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Can you not:
Connect mavic, go into device manager, find the mavic, right click, uninstall device, disconnect mavic, restart pc, connect mavic powered off,boot pc, when in desktop power on mavic, leave couple mins for Windows to configure storage.

This would be the first thing to try. Not sure why it wasn't mentioned before...
2018-2-19
Use props
djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

Maybe adding drive letter via disk management will be enough.
2018-2-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-2-17 04:53
Here's what it shows on my comp

Since yesterday I also get the Mavic Air displayed there but without driver error. Properties say that all is well.
2018-2-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Can you not:

Thank you again, done and it did not fix the problem.
2018-2-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H Posted at 2018-2-19 07:09
Maybe adding drive letter via disk management will be enough.

Unfortunately not.
2018-2-19
Use props
Franco64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542103 ft
Italy

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-19 09:08
Thank you again, done and it did not fix the problem.

No. The problem remains.
2018-2-19
Use props
djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

Are you able to test it on some other computer?
2018-2-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

djiuser_J8pTkMaNyi6H Posted at 2018-2-19 22:40
Are you able to test it on some other computer?

As explained in my OP above, it works well with a Windows 7 Laptop. The problem appears to be Win 10 related.
2018-2-20
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules