is my remote controller's firmware up to date?
3139 4 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RucksackTex
lvl.1
United States

Got my remote controller today (love it, wish I had bought it initially). I was expecting to have to do a firmware update. But when I connected the RC to the Spark (and the iPhone to the RC), I never was shown an alert telling me the RC needs a firmware update. Seems to fly okay, but I didn't push things.

Is there a way I can confirm that everything is up to date?

Will
2018-2-16
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Touch on the aircraft icon at top of screen. Then at the bottom is 3 dots. [ ... ] Touch that, then bottom icon labeled about.
This pulls up a list of all systems and there are icons for each to check for updates.
2018-2-16
Use props
RucksackTex
lvl.1
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-2-16 20:22
Touch on the aircraft icon at top of screen. Then at the bottom is 3 dots. [ ... ] Touch that, then bottom icon labeled about.
This pulls up a list of all systems and there are icons for each to check for updates.

Thanks. Looks like my remote controller is up to date.

The updating processes are confusing. For some of the things in that 'About...' dialog, I can click 'Check for Update' and be told that I'm up to day. For others, I'm told I need to connect to wifi. Confused about this, because I need to use wifi to connect to the controller, don't I?

Will

2018-2-16
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

RucksackTex Posted at 2018-2-16 20:56
Thanks. Looks like my remote controller is up to date.

The updating processes are confusing. For some of the things in that 'About...' dialog, I can click 'Check for Update' and be told that I'm up to day. For others, I'm told I need to connect to wifi. Confused about this, because I need to use wifi to connect to the controller, don't I?

Connecting to the internet downloads the flysafe data base to your phone and therefore, the Go4 app.
Then when you reconnect to the remote you will see a little blue file floating around and it will say "Initializing data" or something like that. The app / phone is then conveying the data to the bird.

It makes sense when you understand the process.
2018-2-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. You can enter the general setting- about and check the firmware info. If your RC is not the latest firmware, app will remind you. Please pay attention to the message. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules