2680 31 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

"P4P Plus"

Saw the message on the controller screen,   "New Version Detected - Vol 03.06.00".    So I updated as required.

Now I find that the box where  the street map normally showed on the screen is blank apart from the messaage "GO4 won't run without Google Play which is missing from your phone"
1)    I am using the built in screen,  so I don't understand what "missing from your phone" has to do with anything.
2)    In any event,  I cannot find where or how to download the Google Play app.
3)    I have downloaded the West Australian map again,  but don't know if I have to activate it,  or how to activate it if that is the case.   

Can any one help please ?

PS:  I flew this morning & that side of things is fine since the update ........  I just need the maps

2018-2-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, could you post the screenshots of warning for better assistance? I'll double check with our engineers. Thanks so much!
2018-2-17
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-17 04:30
Hey there, could you post the screenshots of warning for better assistance? I'll double check with our engineers. Thanks so much!

Thanks for your reply regarding P4P Plus - maps...

Unfortunately I don't know how to post an RC screenshot into this message which is from  my laptop.  Perhaps you can advise if necessary ?

All I can say is that when I touch "Enter Device"
I get a message box where the map (on the RC screen) should be,  that says "Go 4 won't run without Google Play services which are missing from your phone"

When I touch that message box (normally the map would display full screen & the camera view is reduced to the lower corner of the screen) In the top LH corner is another box with a message "Get Google Play services"
When I touch  "Get Google Play services" in the message box,  another message comes up "Unfortunately,  DJI GO 4 has stopped"

Despite all of the above,  the Phantom flies quite normally,  just without the benefit of maps.
2018-2-17
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Manxmann Posted at 2018-2-17 05:36
Thanks for your reply regarding P4P Plus - maps...

Unfortunately I don't know how to post an RC screenshot into this message which is from  my laptop.  Perhaps you can advise if necessary ?

Apparently it's a Catch 22 issue. As far as I know, the PLUS device does not support Google Play (saw this recently from posts about the new capability of downloading external apps in the PLUS -but NOT from Google Play ! ), so if the new version of GO 4 requests it but cannot access it, there must be a programming error somewhere...
2018-2-17
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Antonio76 Posted at 2018-2-17 07:24
Apparently it's a Catch 22 issue. As far as I know, the PLUS device does not support Google Play (saw this recently from posts about the new capability of downloading external apps in the PLUS -but NOT from Google Play ! ), so if the new version of GO 4 requests it but cannot access it, there must be a programming error somewhere...

Thanks  - I am still waiting to hear back from DJI  

There is a lesson to learned here.  "If it ain't broke,  etc ......."
2018-2-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 2018-2-17 16:17
Thanks  - I am still waiting to hear back from DJI  

There is a lesson to learned here.  "If it ain't broke,  etc ......."

In your case the + becomes an - instead. ;-)

I never liked the idea of the plus and it's negatives.

RedHotPoker
2018-2-17
Use props
rbhornet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65479 ft

I’m having the same issue.  Following along.
2018-2-18
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

rbhornet Posted at 2018-2-18 06:03

.........  still patiently waiting for DJI to advise.

2018-2-18
Use props
rbhornet
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-17 04:30

Here's a picture of the issue (I'm having it also).  I've reset and controller twice but the issue is still the same.
2018-2-20
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

just a link for a related thread.
2018-2-20
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-2-20 05:39
just a link for a related thread.

Thanks KedDK.
I had hoped for an answer from DJI by now ...........  but nothing.

2018-2-20
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

rbhornet Posted at 2018-2-18 06:03

Go to settings -> backup&reset -> factory data reset.
That fixed mine ......  thanks to our local retailer who got onto DJI.

Isn't it a pity that the DJI techs couldn't have mentioned that a few days ago ??

Good luck anyway !

2018-2-21
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

This fixed mine ........

Go to settings -> backup&reset -> factory data reset

Good luck to all out there ........  
2018-2-21
Use props
rbhornet
lvl.1

Manxmann Posted at 2018-2-21 00:48
This fixed mine ........

Go to settings -> backup&reset -> factory data reset

Thanks.  I took a similar path but mine is working now too.  I did the reset but ran the update again from the SD card instead of over wifi.   All good now.
2018-2-21
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Can you advise me the procedure for backing up from the sd card please ?
2018-2-21
Use props
dorbot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 844770 ft
France

Just take it out the A/C and copy onto laptop from the DCIM folder.

Or plug A/C into laptop and copy over that way. (slower)
2018-2-21
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

dorbot Posted at 2018-2-21 16:14
Just take it out the A/C and copy onto laptop from the DCIM folder.

Or plug A/C into laptop and copy over that way. (slower)

You may have misunderstood,  I was inquiring how to do an update via the SD card.
(See rbhornets post)

Cheers
2018-2-21
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Manxmann Posted at 2018-2-21 17:14
You may have misunderstood,  I was inquiring how to do an update via the SD card.
(See rbhornets post)

Good to read you got it solved.

Here is the how to upgrade the +rc from SD, directly from the P4P download section.
2018-2-21
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-2-21 20:38
Good to read you got it solved.

Here is the how to upgrade the +rc from SD, directly from the P4P download section.

Thanks KedDK.  I'll save that for future reference.
I don't want to do anything that might upset the apple cart right now whilst things are working OK again !
Must admit to not being the sharpest knife in the drawer where computing is concerned ....  
2018-2-22
Use props
fansc855280d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 160115 ft
Montenegro

I have the same problem with my P4P+
2018-2-22
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

fansc855280d Posted at 2018-2-22 09:03
I have the same problem with my P4P+[view_image]

Have you tried the "Backup & Reset" ?
Frustrating isn't it.
Good Luck
2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I’m so sorry for the late response due to the holiday. Anyway, glad to know you have figured it out already. This issue has been forwarded to our engineers for review. Thanks for your attention.
2018-2-27
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-27 01:18
I’m so sorry for the late response due to the holiday. Anyway, glad to know you have figured it out already. This issue has been forwarded to our engineers for review. Thanks for your attention.

DJI Susan,  
Since the update to 1.03.06.00:
First flight ........  error - DJI app had stopped working.  The RC screen froze.  I was able to fly the drone home visually.  After turning off & restarting the drone & RC,  I tried again,  but there was still screen freezing & pixelation.
I flew again yesterday,  but again found the screen freezing & jumping.  Most disconcerting,  it is confidence depleting.
How can I unistall & reinstall the DJI app ?
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Manxmann Posted at 2018-2-27 15:34
DJI Susan,  
Since the update to 1.03.06.00:
First flight ........  error - DJI app had stopped working.  The RC screen froze.  I was able to fly the drone home visually.  After turning off & restarting the drone & RC,  I tried again,  but there was still screen freezing & pixelation.

Just to verify, the issue remains after reset to factory settings, right? Could you upload a short video for the double check? Thanks in advance!
2018-3-2
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-2 03:50
Just to verify, the issue remains after reset to factory settings, right? Could you upload a short video for the double check? Thanks in advance!

Yes this occurs after the factory reset
2018-3-2
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

A short video ???  Of what ?  How ?
You're kidding right ?
2018-3-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sometimes theres a language barrier and videos help, they also help for the engineers, bare in mind that this is a Chinese company

Can you do a short video of the reset and post?
2018-3-2
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-3-2 21:02
sometimes theres a language barrier and videos help, they also help for the engineers, bare in mind that this is a Chinese company

Can you do a short video of the reset and post?

How can I do a short video of the reset ?
I don't understand.
2018-3-2
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Susan,  problems continue since the update to 1.03.06.00:
Further to previous problems and the Backup & Reset being completed.
When the drone is about 5/600 mtrs away from home point the message "Weak RC signal".
I returned the drone visually,  landed,  turned both RC & drone off.  Restarted & took off again in a different direction,  this time at about (?) 800 mtrs I got the same "Weak RC signal" message,  followed by Go4 app has stopped working.

I am patiently waiting for some advice as to how to fix the problems properly.  Before the update to 1.03.06.00 the system as working relatively well.

Is it possible to revert back to the previous level ?
2018-3-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Manxmann Posted at 2018-3-3 19:09
When the drone is about 5/600 mtrs away from home point the message "Weak RC signal".

Sorry for the misunderstanding. The video I mentioned here is the freezing&jumping issue, instead of the factory reset. Regarding the Weak RC Signal, please change to another location without interference and adjust the antennas to see whether it helps.

Also, for the map issue, our engineers have been aware of it and will fix it in V4.2.6. At this moment, it is suggested to reset to factory settings or reinstall the RC firmware. Thanks for your attention.
2018-3-5
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Manxmann Posted at 2018-3-3 19:09

Following the  "Weak RC Signal"  I sent the RC back to DJI Melbourne for testing.
They initially didn't want the drone as they felt any problem would be with the RC unit itself.
After testing (at 500mtrs) they found no problem & requested I send the drone to them - which I did.
After testing the RC & drone together they still found no problem & despite me saying several times they needed to run the test over more than 500mtrs they did not.

I have received the complete unit back today after 5 weeks and will hopefully get a chance to test fly it tomorrow - but will anything have changed ?  There is no apparent reason why it should,  after all,  DJI say they have not found any fault & therefore have not rectified anything.

One thing I will say,  the communication from DJI Tech has been excellent & no problem with Express Post across Australia.  Three days door-to-door from Melbourne (Victoria) to my place in Western Australia !
2018-4-11
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Australia

Manxmann Posted at 2018-4-11 01:46
Following the  "Weak RC Signal"  I sent the RC back to DJI Melbourne for testing.
They initially didn't want the drone as they felt any problem would be with the RC unit itself.
After testing (at 500mtrs) they found no problem & requested I send the drone to them - which I did.

Managed a quick test flight today ....  and am very pleased to say that at 750 mtrs LOS there was no problem at all.   Amazing ??

Let's hope everything is back to being Honkie-Dorie.

2018-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules