Can any Zenmuse H3-3D be fitted to a Phantom 1 FC40
3044 6 2014-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
john.goodchild
New

United Kingdom

I am looking to fit a Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal to my recently purchased Phantom 1 FC40. I have been doing some research and am worried that not all H3-3D gimbals can be fitted to my FC40. Is it true I have to have a particular version or can any H3-3D gimbal be used as long as I have extra kit such as the PMU Naza V2 etc. Any advice would be very welcome!
2014-10-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is not recommended.  We would suggest that you upgrade to the Phantom 2 with the H3-3D.
2014-10-28
Use props
john.goodchild
New

United Kingdom

Would the answer be the same for trying to fit a H3-2D gimbal to the phantom 1?
2014-10-29
Use props
john.goodchild
New

United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-10-29 12:35
It is not recommended.  We would suggest that you upgrade to the Phantom 2 with the H3-3D.

When you say it is not recommended I assume it is still possible if I buy a PMU-V2 and solder the GCU and PMU to the power supply.
2014-11-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Many things are possible and some of them work.  I am just saying  what we recommend not what you can do.  Remember this is a DJI Forum not  those in the public sector.  You may get other advice there or not.  What you get here is the advice of the Manufacturer.
2014-11-7
Use props
john.goodchild
New

United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-8 07:07
Many things are possible and some of them work.  I am just saying  what we recommend not what you ca ...

Okay Thank you.
2014-11-9
Use props
me2.applemachom
New

United States

I have just added the H3-3D gimbal to my FC40.  Keep in mind you will need to also buy the PMU in addition to the H3-3D Standard Edition that includes the GCU unit.  Both will need to be soldered to power inside the case.  Also, longer legs and a mounting adapter/bracket for the Phantom 1/FC40 are needed for the gimbal to fit onto the bottom of the FC40.  "DJI DJCPZM000072 Zenmuse H3-3D Mounting Adapter for Original Phantom (Part 49)"

Follow the youtube videos on youtube for installing it on a Phantom1 - it seems the FC40 is a revision of the phantom1 effectively.  Works great so far!
2015-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules