Maximum distance programmable?
826 3 2015-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kels1943
New

United States

The rated distance of 1.2 miles is with a control box or smart phone.  Would this same limit apply if the quad were programmed to make a round trip of say 2 miles, assuming it was within the 23 minute battery life?
2015-4-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you do not specify a distance and this is a radius around your home point then you are only limited by your battery.  Some users have been out over 3km almost 2 miles one way.
2015-4-30
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

The distance limit is related to the remote/drone wireless connection. The quad will turn around and return home if it loses connection to the remote for more than three seconds.

Even if you are using the new Ground Station abilities (not in Pilot app yet) to program way-point based missions, the same connection rule applies.  And when they do put it in, it will have it's own additional distance limitations.

What people do is get in their car and follow it, staying within the remote range of the drone. I have seen videos of people flying almost 10 miles that way. Just make sure you land it before it tries to "go home".
2015-4-30
Use props
kels1943
New

United States

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-5-1 12:18
The distance limit is related to the remote/drone wireless connection. The quad will turn around and ...

Thank you.  I'd better revise my plan to send it over to my friend's place which is 3 miles away.  I thought maybe the program would be embedded in the quad.  Maybe that's coming?
2015-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules