RTH and Tx Shutdown
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Read in the mavic air forum that turning controller off durinbg RTH would cause loss of aircraft. Got me scrathing my chin since RTH is auto initiated with rx signal loss. Beofre I jumped in in that forum, I thought I'd throw it out here. Seems most of their responding pilots are afraid of, or dont trust RTH. Odd. Even the manual says to use only in emergencies.
2018-2-16
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
United States

RTH and Tx Shutdown in Mavic Air

Read in the mavic air forum that turning controller off durinbg RTH would cause loss of aircraft. Got me scracthing my chin since RTH is auto initiated with rx signal loss. Before I jumped in in that forum, I thought I'd throw it out here. Seems most of ther responding pilots are afraid of, or dont trust RTH. Odd. In addition, the manual is warning users to use RTH in emergency only!
2018-2-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Pilots that don't trust RTH are pilots that don't know how RTh works and how to use it because they have never tried it and practised RTH.
They are the pilots that report that RTH crashed their drone.
RTH is very reliable and one of the most important things in the manual.
The day you need RTH is not the day to learn how it works.
Turning off the controller has the same effect as flying behind an obstacle or out of range ... the drone has a complete loss of signal and initiates RTH.
I'd suggest that all flyers should try it out instead of spreading silly myths and scaring each other.
2018-2-16
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-2-16 20:20
Pilots that don't trust RTH are pilots that don't know how RTh works and how to use it because they have never tried it and practised RTH.
They are the pilots that report that RTH crashed their drone.
RTH is very reliable and one of the most important things in the manual.

Thats the way  I always understood it and used it. Strange the pilots in the MA forum were so negative about using it.
2018-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules