United States

Here is the latest update regarding the DJI Mavic Pro 2

2018-2-16
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

Can’t wait 2 see what they come out with. It would be nice if it is bigger with a better gimbal.
2018-2-17
Use props
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1211427 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-2-17 01:10
Can’t wait 2 see what they come out with. It would be nice if it is bigger with a better gimbal.

Me as well.
2018-2-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm waiting for Mavic pro 2
2018-2-17
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

Would love to see the 1 inch sensor.  But I will be very surprised about the March timeline everyone is touting.
2018-2-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wait and see.
2018-2-17
Use props
djiuser_r4BvQ0sIlrQw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141877 ft
Vietnam

I am really exited about all the new features. Only one thing really disappoints me, as a traveller. The rumor that the MP2 will be (substantially) BIGGER than the MP.  If I wanted bigger, I would have bought the P4P, not wait for MP2. I really hope those tumours are not true.
2018-2-17
Use props
RL_XXI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 456 ft
United States

How can anyone take the person that made that video seriously when they can't even spell? Inferred = Infrared?

2018-2-17
Use props
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

RL_XXI Posted at 2018-2-17 15:46
How can anyone take the person that made that video seriously when they can't even spell? Inferred = Infrared?

[view_image]

The rendering was done by OsitaLV who is from China.  You owe him an apology.

As far as the person that made the video is concerned, I have over a 1,000 subscribers on YouTube that think otherwise.

So ho can you be taken seriously insulting someone from China about his English ?

2018-2-17
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

djiuser_r4BvQ0sIlrQw Posted at 2018-2-17 15:38
I am really exited about all the new features. Only one thing really disappoints me, as a traveller. The rumor that the MP2 will be (substantially) BIGGER than the MP.  If I wanted bigger, I would have bought the P4P, not wait for MP2. I really hope those tumours are not true.

If it comes with the rumoured 4s battery and a bigger camera I can't see how they can maintain the current size. But I'm in your camp - larger size, more than a few $$ than the MP2 platinum makes it harder to justify as travel gear.
2018-2-17
Use props
Foxglove84
lvl.2
United States

Making the Mavic Pro II larger didn't make a lot of sense to me initially for since the Mavic line is all about portability, and generally that would mean smaller is better.  At the very least I would have imagined they would have kept the next generation Mavic the same same size as the original but improved the gimbal and camera.  But the more I think about it, the Mavic II needs either a complete redesign or something else to make it stand out from the original Mavic, the Mavic Platinum, etc. which all look the same.  This I'm guessing is causing some product confusion, which in turn probably cannibalizes sales between the two products.  DJI couldn't go smaller since that's the Mavic Air and Spark (although I don't really consider the Spark as flowing from the Mavic bloodline--think Tyrion Lannister and his true pedigree).  So I guess a Mavic Pro II would make some sense in that aspect.

It would be interesting to see how well the Phantom product releases have done since the Phantom has pretty much looked the same for years with arguably just incremental improvements and changes--granted the 4k jump and obstacle avoidance could be argued a generational jump.

Personally, I love my Mavic, although it has caused me some issues recently and I had to deal with DJI service and repair, which was not pleasant.  But overall, as far as portability and taking it on trips, I haven't felt a compelling need to replace it with either the Air or the Spark.  DJI going bigger is probably not going to compel me to jump on the Mavic Pro II either just based on those projected improvements (at least for my purposes which is recreational videography).  

DJI should really focus on drone autonomy with better tracking and obstacle avoidance as a leap in this area would probably leave all competitors behind for years--think Skydio R1 drone.  The tracking on that drone and the environment mapping and avoidance system looks awesome.  If I could mate that drone with my Mavic, that would truly be something!
2018-2-18
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Click Bait.  Not an update, but a rumor list intended to steer you to his MeTube channel.
2018-2-18
Use props
escore
lvl.4
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Interesting video!
2018-2-18
Use props
RL_XXI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 456 ft
United States

BillTheDroneReviewer Posted at 2018-2-17 19:39
The rendering was done by OsitaLV who is from China.  You owe him an apology.

As far as the person that made the video is concerned, I have over a 1,000 subscribers on YouTube that think otherwise.

I owe who ever and you NOTHING! Get over yourself.
2018-2-18
Use props
AlejandroCalori
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18530 ft

Argentina

Guys... a 30% size increase would mean 3/4 cm thick and maybe 4/5 cm tall, is that THAT much harder to transport? It'd still more portable than any phantom series. You can't have 33 minute flight time, bigger sensor, bigger motors and all of the things you're asking in the same body size, come on, be realistic. Mavic Pro 2 will sit in between the Phantom 5 and the Phantom 4 Pro.
2018-2-18
Use props
Sunny D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 70883 ft
  • >>>
United States

My favorite feature is how it makes the Mavic Pro 1 $500.
2018-2-18
Use props
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-2-18 09:07
Click Bait.  Not an update, but a rumor list intended to steer you to his MeTube channel.

This "rumor list" was from a source who has been accurate not once twice. This was an update with new information based upon my series of videos that I am doing.  I was warned they would be bullies on this forum and my friends were right.
2018-2-18
Use props
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

RL_XXI Posted at 2018-2-18 13:47
I owe who ever and you NOTHING! Get over yourself.

I was warned to steer clear of this forum as there are trolls and bullies who have nothing better to do than criticize and put down. They were right. I'm not the one that needs to get over myself.
2018-2-18
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

BillTheDroneReviewer Posted at 2018-2-18 17:03
I was warned to steer clear of this forum as there are trolls and bullies who have nothing better to do than criticize and put down. They were right. I'm not the one that needs to get over myself.

There are primarily many good and extremely skilled people in here, so forget about the warnings.

Do not let yourself be affected by a few bullies mate - they are found everywhere and we can not escape them. They behave like a bunch of wolves who love to chase and kill, but they are nothing but small harmless kittens. Ignore them instead - they quickly lose their breath and slide into the ditch where they belong.
2018-2-18
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I do hope when it comes out it is larger.
2018-2-18
Use props
BillTheDroneReviewer
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-2-18 17:32
There are primarily many good and extremely skilled people in here, so forget about the warnings.

Do not let yourself be affected by a few bullies mate - they are found everywhere and we can not escape them. They behave like a bunch of wolves who love to chase and kill, but they are nothing but small harmless kittens. Ignore them instead - they quickly lose their breath and slide into the ditch where they belong.

Thank you very much ! Appreciate it !
2018-2-18
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Going to retract my thoughts. What this guy from china is "predicting " is pretty much common sense . We can pretty much expect the 1 in sensor 4s lipo, better ov like the air and so on .... it's cool that you follow this guy every day though. If that's what makes you happy good for you
2018-2-18
Use props
romeotango
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64127 ft
Singapore

Sunny D Posted at 2018-2-18 14:25
My favorite feature is how it makes the Mavic Pro 1 $500.

Good one
2018-2-18
Use props
Mr Watton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84265 ft
United Kingdom

I wont be changing any time soon....only had the Alpine white since December. Its a lot of money just to suddenly change to another model.

Im all up for progress mind, and a larger sensor and better dark sensitivity would be a god send.
2018-2-18
Use props
LoMackz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183704 ft
Sweden

Staying on my mavic air now, its good enough for me, both in features and camera quality
2018-2-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm waiting for this...
2018-2-19
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dji mavic 2 will be a larger version of the original mavic to support a larger camera with some new modes...
2018-2-19
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BillTheDroneReviewer Posted at 2018-2-18 17:00
This "rumor list" was from a source who has been accurate not once twice. This was an update with new information based upon my series of videos that I am doing.  I was warned they would be bullies on this forum and my friends were right.

I'm sorry if you feel bullied.  That is in no way the intent.  This is a DJI sponsored forum and, my experience is that participants are looking for facts over rumors, and solutions to problems.  Your post seemed to be a list/collection of rumors.  And a video from your own channel seemed link a promotion of it.
2018-2-19
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-2-18 17:32

Come on.  You gotta admit a thread that headlines "... Pro2 Update" and then lists rumors from other channels, by a 'reviewer' does remotely qualify as bait?!?  

I apologized to Bill if he felt bullied, but my comment was an observation of fact.  If anything, this should be an encourgagement to forum administrators to have a "rumor" or opinion section!
2018-2-19
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_r4BvQ0sIlrQw Posted at 2018-2-17 15:38
I am really exited about all the new features. Only one thing really disappoints me, as a traveller. The rumor that the MP2 will be (substantially) BIGGER than the MP.  If I wanted bigger, I would have bought the P4P, not wait for MP2. I really hope those tumours are not true.

Maybe a bigger MP2 will mean they wont need the Phantom anymore and then bump that up to Inspire territory as a more work horse style model?
2018-2-19
Use props
lifedownunder
lvl.2
Australia

Could be soon...

2018-2-19
Use props
bryan
lvl.1
Australia

Nice post and useful. Thank you
2018-2-20
Use props
Richard Hawkes
lvl.1
United Kingdom

WebParrot Posted at 2018-2-19 09:47
Come on.  You gotta admit a thread that headlines "... Pro2 Update" and then lists rumors from other channels, by a 'reviewer' does remotely qualify as bait?!?  

I apologized to Bill if he felt bullied, but my comment was an observation of fact.  If anything, this should be an encourgagement to forum administrators to have a "rumor" or opinion section!

I'm sorry "BillTheDroneReviewer", but I must wholeheartedly agree with WebParrot here. You've got all salty because people are claiming it's ClickBait, but we all know (and surely you do too) that these are rumours, albeit from a good source. There has been no "Update from DJI", which was certainly what I inferred from the heading.

You're clearly a good YouTuber, and I wish you well. But you need to be able to accept criticism as well as praise mate in my opinion. How will you improve your videos otherwise?

Peace
2018-2-22
Use props
JordanM
lvl.4
United States

Of course everything is rumors until the actual release and everyone should realize that, that any of these leaks are merely speculation:
2018-2-22
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

BillTheDroneReviewer Posted at 2018-2-18 17:39
Thank you very much ! Appreciate it !

You know what I want to see Bill? I want to see everything the Mavic Air has, plus everything the P4P has, in a drone that looks like the Mavic Air, and is only slightly bigger than the Mavic Pro. Thats what I want to see.
Keep em coming dude, pay no attention to the nay sayers.
2018-2-22
Use props
Landbo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Next time there comes a "new" Mavic Pro, it is painted green and DJI claims it's energy-saving. So nothing new under the sun this year  !!!   

Regards Leif.
2018-2-22
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Honestly it has to be the same price
2018-2-23
Use props
djiuser_Cf8D1w0jRpGt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11365 ft
United States

This guy talking out of his @$$, don’t believe anything till you see it
2018-2-25
Use props
Duncandonut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

Have any of these "rumours" happened to mention whether the Mavic Pro II will be OcuSync or "Enhanced WiFi" (for all that is Holy I hope it is not WiFi).
2018-2-25
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
First Officer
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

He has been a reliable leak in the past
2018-2-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced