Taking dog for a walk and Soviet Defences
875 20 2018-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

..... Wife decided we needed to walk one of our dogs outside of our own 3.5acres ....

Uzava - about 20 mins drive down the coast ... and still has some of the old Soviet Defences ...

Nigel

2018-2-16
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Bit long...ish? Anyway, keep flying and have fun!
2018-2-17
Use props
ghutch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 187375 ft
United States

Interesting place!  Thanks for showing it...
2018-2-17
Use props
Leftyguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Nice Video - Just  a little Long. Thanks for Sharing
2018-2-17
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

As some know - I am also trying to sort out my lack of knowledge and expertise in setting camera ...

I can fly reasonably - its the photographic bit that eludes me.

So yes - I agree maybe a bit long - but I am actually using these to practice and try to learn camera use. Posting here and other is actually not primary goal.

Nigel
2018-2-17
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

I enjoyed the video, nice winter views take care and Fly Safe
2018-2-17
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

solentlife Posted at 2018-2-17 08:01
As some know - I am also trying to sort out my lack of knowledge and expertise in setting camera ...

I can fly reasonably - its the photographic bit that eludes me.

Enjoyed the video. I think you're getting the hang of it. If I may suggest, try adjusting your EXP, gain, &  sensitivity a bit to a lower setting. I found by doing this it will soften your stick inputs, allowing for smoother panning. I hope not to offend you, but some of the shots appear a little jerky and very fast when turning. I had the same thing until I experimented with these settings. I think most would agree what you want is a nice smooth and fluid movements. hope this suggestion makes some sense. Thanks for sharing. Nice country.
2018-2-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good effort!   
2018-2-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video
2018-2-17
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

I am aware of Expo etc. - I have 8 other radios and over 53 set-up ready to fly / boat / drive models ...

The jerky movements are really mine - I fly a lot of fast and 3D - which makes me react and its a habit I find hard to kick.  I already have quite a lot of expo / yaw reduction dialed in - that sometimes espcially at distance it feels AC is not turning. With the low sun (high latitude) - its difficult to see the screen.

Today I was out with Histogram and playing around - slowly getting there I think !!

Nigel
2018-2-17
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great effort, beautiful dog.
2018-2-17
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I agree about it being too long.  Also, try to slow down your yaw.  Give your viewers time to see what you're circling past.  Best of luck.
2018-2-17
Use props
Roy.
First Officer
Flight distance : 5435299 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well done, I've just spent far too long at the PC painstakingly editing another video to look cinematic (stuck indoors due to rain), so I enjoyed watching your honest video, keep up the good work.
2018-2-17
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Cool
2018-2-17
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-2-17 11:17
Great effort, beautiful dog.

Lana is a mix breed but mainly German Shepherd (Alsation). She's about 4yrs old now - given to us when young.

I grew up with thoroughbred German Sheps ... and know they are clever and loyal. Lana is in a world of her own. Totally devoted to us.

She has a mind of her own and will argue. If you tell her off - she will growl back ! She loves people but barks a lot.

We have 3 big dogs including her and 4 cats. The latest cat (3 months old now) - Lana mothers and protects from the others, so much in fact - we have to put her out of the room to allow new cat (Emmik)  to play with the others !

Emmik :

Lana is incredible. She literally tries to talk to us ..

Lana :

Every morning she pesters me to make a fuss for at least 5 minutes before she will leave me alone.

I have never seen a dog act like her .... its as if its a person trapped inside a dogs body !

Nigel
2018-2-17
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well good on you for being a great pet owner.  Hope they bring you many wonderful years of companionship.
2018-2-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Close call with that tree sir
2018-2-17
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

looks a little brisk out there solentl. Maybe just hang the dog lead on the clothes line. Interesting & watchable by the way.
2018-2-18
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

We are actually experiencing warm winter ... it should have been -20 ... -25C already but seems we are not seeing that this year. We are hovering in the -10 up to 0C range now ... which means we get dumps of snow off and on.

Forecast is for another week of this ...

Dogs don't care - they love it.

Nigel
2018-2-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2020-12-24
Use props