3905 59 2015-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-2 02:30
We want a dialog to occur between the users and DJI.  We do not have and never will have enough st ...

Why not employ moderators. Be pro active and answer as much as possible = customer service = $$$$$$

Im totally with you with the most of the answers are on the manual and yes that frustrates even me as many a time I've just wanted to reply back" READ THE MANUAL".

Yes theres rules but most fall into the category of frustrated users getting no answer from DJI. Is that good for promoting? NO as i know from running a business myself. Which was actually did web/forum development amongst other things like support.

I fully believe the way its being handled is losing you business. Thats your call IMHO
The customers have made DJI growth possible don't go and blow it by ignoring that reason.

And geeez get a PM on this forum so we can share/pm answers. ( or the other option is make new threads   )
2015-5-1
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Moderating a forum is great and appreciated. Deleting posts just because you don't like what you hear is just daft. Maybe if there was some support there would be less embarrassing posts. FictitiousPerso sums it up perfectly with ' At least answer questions or be polite with a response even though you don't have all the answers. Don't just delete what you want to forget about?' I would just add PLEASE
2015-5-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-5-2 02:29
"back to what this forum is supposed to be about, support of DJI users and their questions."

You sa ...

This is becoming a circular discussion.  I am following the forum rules.  I am sorry you are disappointed but that is not going to change.
2015-5-1
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Italy

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-2 02:50
This is becoming a circular discussion.  I am following the forum rules.  I am sorry you are disap ...

OH!! I'm not disappointed. I Love DJI products.

As you didn't manage to answer questions asked ill base its not your call to answer them and let it be.

Feel free to delete this thread even though it is not a negative post but a thread to tell the truth which still is hard as i can see.

Off out to do some inverted (loop T loops)flying  with the F550 and the insane Trex {:3_48:}

2015-5-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Have fun.  I will be flying tomorrow.
2015-5-1
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Italy

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-2 03:04
Have fun.  I will be flying tomorrow.

!!! you bet ill be having fun{:3_61:}
2015-5-1
Use props
ThisIsYourCapta
New

United States

We want a dialog to occur between the users and DJI.  We do not have and never will have enough st ...

Another part of the problem is the platform itself.  Instead of using freeware (junk), consider spending a few Yuan on some decent software, like UBBThreads /UBB Central
2015-5-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ThisIsYourCapta Posted at 2015-5-2 03:23
Another part of the problem is the platform itself.  Instead of using freeware (junk), consider sp ...

The site is being upgraded now.  The Chinese site has already completed the upgrade.
2015-5-1
Use props
ara9112003
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495869 ft
United States

that is right , like the problems with the LATE launch of the apple app.
2015-5-1
Use props
ara9112003
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495869 ft
United States

Can you answer or give us info about this Post Please ?
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-5-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ara9112003@yaho Posted at 2015-5-2 03:40
Can you answer or give us info about this Post Please ?
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthr ...

I do not set return policy.  I think the CS agent was clear.  Read her response.
2015-5-1
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Italy

Good things come to those who wait........ {:3_41:}
2015-5-1
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Ed you said it best yourself...This forum is desighned to promote products.Newbies pay attention...closely.amstaff_loyaty....This forum has DJI's name on it...Dji is accompany that can afford this.It can afford this because people(Customers) give this company(InGood Faith) hard earned money.That money gos to facilitate this forum.Common sense dictates that without consumer financial input there would be no forum.Granted DJI runs it and I am thankful.Seriously..my concern is that DJI's policy's concerning this forum reek of leftover communism.Once again amstaff_loyalty.Without customer money there is no forum to regulate.Business is a relationship.A give and take.All of the employees governing this forum are having to keep their bosses happy.Kudos to them for taking care of their families.Much respect.At the same time I promise you if the shoe were on the other foot any American spending hard earned money will stand up and speak if something is wrong.Granted there are some threads that do waste time.But to make narrow minded comment about this being DJI's forum to the people whos money makes it happen.Call it what you want but myself and everyone knows what it really is.Normally I woul just say it.I don't want to get sensored again.Damn!....I just realized what it feels like to live in a communist country.Afraid to speak for fear of sensorship.Tahoe ed..this is as informative as I can make this without breaking the rules.I realize as I type this that the DJI staff is in a pinch between company owners,customers,and paying your bills.I do realize this and I mean for none of my communication, toward this company through this medium, to be personal towards any of the staff.I am genuinely concerned that American customers are not going to take well to being treated like we should be glad that DJI is letting us by their product.On a different note.I do believe that I can speak for many customers here.The forum is good and getting beter.Thanx to all of the staff for that.I have learned a lot from visiting here..alot.It has helped me to be a better operator and photographer.I know that lately we've kind of been going back and forth at each other with myself and other forum members.Even though I have some concerns I am aware of the hardships of everyday living.To that and all of the staff I say Thank You.
2015-5-1
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Italy

Any change you could edit and paragraph that ? its killing my eyes as i keep losing place?
2015-5-1
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

the new look of the forum is much better.

I think the DJI staff are doing a good job and Tahoe Ed no doubt has a mammoth task on his hands wading through all the postings. As the forum upgrades then im sure the experience will be much better

there has been some unwanted spam on here since i joined and thankfully its getting dealt with.

least everyone forget, Tahoe Ed is a DJI employee whos also very active and extremely helpful on a LOT of other forums in supporting DJI products .
I hope we all support his efforts in return. I certainly do.....
2015-5-1
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Hahaha!!Gotta agree..it is long worded.Will work on that.
2015-5-1
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

So if some people "fully believe" one thing and others "fully believe" another and DJI wants to do things yet another way......

Why way is best?

That's a question not made for an answer.....just to think about....

If you asked 1,000 users exactly how the forum should be run you would get 1,000 answers. Which one is right? That's an easy answer! It's YOURS. Obviously whoever makes the critique thinks they know how things should be done. This leads me to the conclusion that every user here who tells DJI what to do must be MORE successful than DJI is. After all, if you know so much better how to do things you are probably running some successful forums or businesses...right? (don't answer, please!).

Every thread like this - is a waste of time, resources, people's attention, etc.
Every one!

It's just drama and gossip.
I can assure everyone here that DJI knows that some users want ANYTHING to be allowed here...ANYTHING. Yes. They want it to be an "open discussion" of everything from Chinese politics to American gun culture - which, in some twisted way, can be related to DJI or quadcopters.

It's up to DJI and DJI only to decide what they want the forum to be....and our only "jobs" are to follow those rules or leave.....and if we don't leave to spend our time helping people as opposed to piling on in useless threads.

2015-5-1
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Italy

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-5-2 08:28
So if some people "fully believe" one thing and others "fully believe" another and DJI wants to do t ...

What are you on about????
2015-5-2
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

I believe droneflyers.com has either been hitting the sauce a bit or, has broken his arm patting himself on the back. ;D

Okay, so I read all the posts to this thread and I agree/disagree with many of the points made. Putting myself in the situation of being a first time consumer, wanting to perform some intelligent, due diligence research on a company and find out what their product purchasers are thinking. Therefore, I go to their (the company run) forum as a main way of examining, response time and mannerisms of said response, the product knowledge based upon given answers and the rants or negative comments left by persons who have spent their, most times, hard earned money to purchase said product. Amazingly, I have found on several occasions the larger companies actually DO allow such negative rants/comments and here's why- It allows for a non-bias comment to be made by the consumer and in turn provides tid-bits of information into the customers ideals, wants, needs, to help the company adjust to client/market needs. In addition, the company being scrutinized, gives the person conducting his/her research the mind set of being able to make his/her personal opinion, basically based on how many positive or negative reviews a certain item has in it's reviews.

I had to point out the abovementioned prior to the comments that will follow;

This forum is intended to be open to DJI consumers, ONLY and has a regulated rules and conduct code to be adhered by. Additionally, it is noted that you (as a new or current client ) are supposedly to find assistance from 'top' forum personnel regarding your issues if your question(s)/comment(s) are not addressed by DJI and, said items/issues are NOT for general public discussions. Finally the forum is dedicated to the promotion of the DJI brand name. None of this completely true and/or accurate, except the last sentence.

This forum, to an unregistered person, has 90% +/- of its posts and threads open for reading. That said, it is possible to read comments made by forum editors, top forum personnel, constant forum commentators, all the way down to the newest person. As a newbie, or any person of intelligence, a majority of the comments made by top forum personnel would be considered appalling and even down right rude. We've all seen it, a distraught person writes in that they '... just saw their unit pull a 360, inverted back flip and smash into the ground with a gut wrenching crunch...what happened?' only to see an immediate response by some 'top dog' verbally body slamming the obviously upset person with something like, '...you should've read your manual...waaaaaaaa!...stop crying, the science isn't perfect...' and so on. If the rules, editing and deletions are to be properly enforced, do it both ways. Unwarranted or immediate slandering, not very professional and definitely not encouraging when it is allowed on the scale it currently is. I challenge any of us to ask someone who isn't into flying whirly birds, to go through every thread and NOT find that fire tipped arrows of harshness are rained down on 'newbies and geriatrics' of this forum constantly and without merit. I will admit, at times I've been known to fire a shot across someone's bow (see the opening comments) however, NEVER will you see me fire on someone who asks a question, even if it is formed in a 'not so friendly manner' toward DJI concerning their issue. Instead, I encourage that we fight fire intelligently or we'll all get burned.

Call it what you will. I must admit, I feel for Tahoe Ed trying to keep all of this straight but, it does seem to me that there is still bias where deletions and/or exceptions to the forum rules exist, basic example: No blatant advertisements or promotional claims of a competitors product...
Read several threads concerning these matters mentioning (Dare I say their names? Me thinks, yes!) 3DR, Matrix, iDrone, etc, etc. and there has been no mention or threat of deletions, even after comments (most positive) were made by forum administration and several who constantly pat themselves on the back for being such wonderful 'pilots'. If you RC flew long before gyros, have built your own from scratch, successfully completed conversions, can diagnose technical electrical issues and actually understand aeronautics, you're not a true pilot. Oooops! There went 99.3% of the forum critics and ill mannered persons that belittle everyone.

If DJI is truly on the cusp of becoming a billion dollar sales club member, perhaps they could spread their wealth a bit more evenly amongst this like any of us who have purchased from or work for them to get them where they are today. Hire some real PR persons and technical advisors to help Ed and the rest of the us who are out here in the real world.

Dang! It's too nice out not to be at the lake and enjoying family. You know, the stuff that really counts...

2015-5-2
Use props
GunZenBomZ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Companies need to realize that complaints and problems are just that. They shine a light on subject matter or issues that need remedy, unless of course someone specific is just blatantly causing trouble to troll member or keep an issue they suffered aired. I am a potential customer & I'd prefer too see people with problems getting a reply or finding out how it ended up. I can understand someone ruining there kit flying over water or flying in rain as anyone with a brain can tell electronics are not designed for these sorts of conditions. But using valid tools just to delete rather than explain & close a thread discussions is quite sad.

Allow a community to self-sensor to a certain point. I banged on about american's been hindered with regard to flying 'no drones' in national parks & it ended with a guy replying with  concise information showing that there is ways of doing it legally. I got called a terrorist against america which was amusing but i never got offended as i don't live inside a prison nation
2015-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules