Activating the DJI OcuSync Air Unit with Assistant 2
3425 13 2018-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brians8
lvl.2
United States

Just purchased the New DJI SE Racing googles with OcuSync air unit. Downloaded assist 2 v1.2 and registered googles and updated firemware with no issues. Hooked the OcuSync to a battery and pluigged in USB cord using assistant 2 and goes right to the most recent firmware (not activation), however it errors (error 0x02680c) out at 52% every time using three differnt PC's. I cant get past this portion to activate. Any help would be grwatly appreciated. Looked in forums for other with same issue and I did not find any.

Thanks Brian
2018-2-17
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

What you have to do is, while the unit is still connected and powered up, shutdown and restart the assistant 2 app. The next time it comes up, you'll get the activation screen. No idea why it does that. Not sure why you're getting the error at 52%, as the update works for me on both my mac and windows boxes. Is it failing in the download stage, transmitting to unit stage or actual update stage? Maybe the stage it's dying in might help point to what to look for...
2018-2-17
Use props
Brians8
lvl.2
United States

Thank you for replying, I tried what you suggested unfortunately it did not work. From what I have been reading it would seem the activation usually comes first then the firmware upgrade. When I launch the app the only choice I am given is to upgrade to the newer firmware first. Maybe not being activated the unit is why at 52% it errors out (not sure). Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
2018-2-17
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

That should work, so at that point I'd start suspecting a problem with the actual unit itself. Especially if multiple PC's and cords give the same problem. At least that's kind of what it looks like to me it's pointing to....
2018-2-17
Use props
DJIROB
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi, did you find a solution to this?
I am having the exact same problem - same error code at 52%. It is as though the Ocusync attempts a restart during the firmware update and that is when the error occurs.
Both other options 'Upgrade to V01.00.0100' and 'Downgrade to V01.00.0002' both fail at 52% also.
I have tried on other computers and still the same happens.
2018-2-17
Use props
Brians8
lvl.2
United States

DJIROB -  Yes, that is the exact same issue. I too tried the different firm wares with the same failed result. What bothers me is that it doesn't even come up once first plugged in the option of activating the unit. So no matter what I cant use the OcuSync  air unit till this gets resolved. I have been using the googles in analog with my Walkera F210 which works great. Thought I would get the OcuSync working to maybe install it in the Walkera F210 for the digital video.  Hopefully the Admin will see our post and maybe give us a direction to go with this issue.

luciens  - I was thinking the unit is bad as well since I couldn't find any posts anywhere with this same issue. Hopefully we can resolve the issue without sending it back.

Thanks Brian
2018-2-17
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

uh oh... maybe looking at a run of bad units? I have two of them and both gave no trouble with FW update or activation, so it should have worked in ya'lls cases by now. I think I did both of mine on my Alienware laptop running windows 10, so I didn't use an exotic computer or OS by any means....
2018-2-18
Use props
Brians8
lvl.2
United States

luciens - When you first started the assistant 2 did the activation option come first then the option to upgrade firmware ? or did you have to upgrade firmware before you were able to activate the OcuSync units ?  My DJI RE googles were not a problem with firmware or activation.

Thanks Brian
2018-2-18
Use props
Brians8
lvl.2
United States

Well I figured it out -- I turned on both my googles and OcuSync then hooked my googles to my PC and ran the assistant 2.  I then linked the googles to the  OcuSync which gave me the pop up "you need to activate OcuSync using assistant 2". I immediately unplugged the USB cable from the googles then plugged it into the OcuSync which assistant 2 recognized pretty quickly. I clicked on the OcuSync button and the next option that popped up was the activation button which I hit, then the next option that came up after activation was the firmware upgrade which I did, this took about 10 - 15 minutes. Everything running fine now, not sure what or why this is, I just know that the OcuSync works fine now.

DJI technical support: I tried calling the DJI technical support line to see if I have a bad unit, I want to say the phone call I made to was not a good experience at all. They focused on the googles (they work fine) not the OcuSync problem (activation/firmware). I was put on hold so many times I lost count (Person on line was asking someone in back round for direction). Hopefully this is not what the tech support experience is for everyone because no matter how good the product, it is not worth the aggravation. Another note is the DJI only allows 7 day to return products to approved vendors you purchase from not the normal 30 days. The system I purchased was from a reputable approved online vendor not DJI, they give 30 days on all products except for DJI it is 7 days.
2018-2-20
Use props
Brauniver
New

Canada

Had the same problem. It stopps at 52 %.

So I needed to connect the transmitter to the goggles and the goggles with the airunit to make it work!
2018-2-23
Use props
Brians8
lvl.2
United States

Brauniver- this is what worked for me per my post directions, if you watch their video you should not have to do that.
2018-2-23
Use props
koko_
lvl.2
Germany

Had exactly same problem, it was solved by activating the air unit: https://forum.dji.com/thread-137317-1-1.html
2018-2-24
Use props
DJIROB
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you Brians8!!!

I tried it exactly as you said and still had the same error.

Only when the Ocusync has the antennas and camera connected did it finally tell me to activate the Ocusync!

So anyone else who has the same problem:
Turn on both the goggles and the Ocusync.
Plug the goggles in to the pc using the USB cable.
Open the DJI Assistant 2 app.
Swipe down on the goggles with two fingers.
Select Racing Drone Digital.
Swipe down to Linking Settings and follow the quick setup option until searching for Oculus begins.
Press the pairing button on the Ocusync.
Pairing should be complete and 'Activate Oculus' should appear in the goggles.
Plug the USB wire in to the Oculus.
Select the Oculus and it should say it is activated.
Now upgrade the to the latest firmware and everything should work.
2018-2-24
Use props
Brians8
lvl.2
United States

DJIROB -  Glad to hear you now have it working.  I should have added in my original post that I too had both the camera and antenna hooked up as well when I finally got the activation screen to pop up.  DJI needs to fix the activation issue, if you follow the video they put out to assist folks, it would seem it works for some not so for others. DJI has some decent products for drone users, it would seem once the product is sold to the consumer the help is just not there for these type issues, its very unfortunate.
2018-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules