Fix Extreme Camera Gimbal Vibrations in Post Prod
688 4 2018-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zorich
New

France

Hello guys,

I shot the following videos a few weeks ago and as you can see this is extremely shaky and unusable...

First I thought about a software or hardware problem, but it seems it was because of the strong wind in that place...

I  read many threads and learnt about a jello effect/rolling shutter  problem but I am not sure this is similar, what is your opinion? I'm  quite desperate because I know I won't go to this place ever again...

And do you have any idea if I can fix it in post production with AE/Premiere/whatever software?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you so much!

My best

2018-2-17
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I am assuming this is from an MP or MPP?  My MP has had this "Jello" effect from day one I got it. After going through the whole roller coaster with DJI support and the inevitable "please send it in for repairs" I found this Video and it cured the Jello. Now I always use ND Filters when I fly and no jello.

2018-2-17
Use props
zorich
New

France

Thank you for your reply and for your experience! Indeed this is a Mavic Pro, sorry I forgot to mention...

Well actually I'm not sure this is Jello Effect since this issue never happened again since then. Actually I'm mostly looking for a solution to fix this footage in post prod
2018-2-17
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey zorich - i did not hear about jello fixing in post prod - not sure it is possible. my suggestion is for you to contact dji support and inform them of the situation.
2018-2-17
Use props
zorich
New

France

Thank you for your reply Bekaru Tree.

Well I spent the entire afternoon to try the tools on Premiere Pro which are said to fix the "Jello Effect" : Rolling Shutter Repair and Warp Stabilizer, but none of them had any effect, the video remains exactly the same with different settings... Do someone know anyone who had a successful experience with this?
2018-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules