Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does OSMO Mobile 2 work correctly with iPhone X ?
24139 24 2018-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tf35strike
lvl.1

Australia

Hi all,

I was aware of the wobble issue between late model iPhones and the original OSMO mobile (stabilisation of both devices fight against each other).

Just wondering if this issue has this been corrected for the OSMO 2? Will iPhone X work correctly with it etc?

Any help would be great
2018-2-18
Use props
fansb05cb444
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12772 ft
Australia

That issue seems ok, however the DJI App doesn't support iPhone X resolutions, such as 4k 60, or Slow motion at 240fps. I would avoid purchasing it until they add these features to the app.
2018-2-18
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

There were also postings when the iPhone X came out that the sensor on the Osmo Mobile didn't recognize that a phone was mounted due to the reflective nature of the back of the iPhoneX.   The fix was to tape a white business card over that sensor on the phone holder.
2018-2-18
Use props
tf35strike
lvl.1

Australia

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-2-18 21:04
There were also postings when the iPhone X came out that the sensor on the Osmo Mobile didn't recognize that a phone was mounted due to the reflective nature of the back of the iPhoneX.   The fix was to tape a white business card over that sensor on the phone holder.

Jeepers, thanks guys I might hold off for a bit and just stick with my OSMO+ for now. (want OSMO 2 as a backup)
2018-2-19
Use props
Blackforce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33140 ft
United Kingdom

I bought one for use with my iPhone X but have returned it today back to apple.

I found the image stabilization was creating a pulsing effect on the videos outputted making them unusable. Sample video here.

https://youtu.be/2h-3mgaCH1M
2018-2-19
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-2-18 21:04
There were also postings when the iPhone X came out that the sensor on the Osmo Mobile didn't recognize that a phone was mounted due to the reflective nature of the back of the iPhoneX.   The fix was to tape a white business card over that sensor on the phone holder.

That sensor is not present on the Osmo Mobile 2 so that is not a problem for the iPhone X and Osmo mobile 2.
2018-2-19
Use props
ShadowZ
lvl.2
Canada

Blackforce Posted at 2018-2-19 04:54
I bought one for use with my iPhone X but have returned it today back to apple.

I found the image stabilization was creating a pulsing effect on the videos outputted making them unusable. Sample video here.

Thanks for the video.
The mobile 2 + iphone x is exactly what I'm planning to use, but from your video it seems like a bad combo together, which is kinda disappointing... especially when I'm planning to shoot lots of sport footage =/
Now I'm considering to cancel my order before my order ships out... idk
2018-2-19
Use props
Andymsn
New
Flight distance : 41719 ft
United States

Nope!! Not with me at least.   
2018-2-20
Use props
Blackforce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33140 ft
United Kingdom

Andymsn Posted at 2018-2-20 03:53
Nope!! Not with me at least.   https://youtu.be/Q5viPUt2W6w

Yeah same as my footage. Shaking and pulsing. Not good.
2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Andy, is this the original video from your phone? Please export the video for further check. I would recommend you upload it to dropbox and post the link here. Please ensure that you level the gimbal before turning on the osmo mobile 2. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, guys. IPhone X is in the compatible list. Please inform us if there is any problem. Thanks for your support.
osmo mobile2.JPG
2018-2-24
Use props
Sidik Permanasari
New
Flight distance : 137881 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

I use iphone x ver 11.3 and just yesterday I bought dji osmo mobile 2 and it turns out i get problem can not connect to dji go while in bluetooth already connected, whereas i try on samsung s9 + no problem,
can anyone help me
2018-4-4
Use props
Ravin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80745 ft
United States

I have the same issue with the iPhone x . There is no fix I have found.

DJI needs to get with Apple iOS and get this fixed or they will suffer lost business and credibility.
Any body got a solution?
2018-5-23
Use props
Ravin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80745 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-24 01:04
Hi, guys. IPhone X is in the compatible list. Please inform us if there is any problem. Thanks for your support.

DJI needs to get with Apple iOS and get this fixed or they will suffer lost business and credibility.
Any body got a solution?
2018-5-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ravin Posted at 2018-5-23 10:48

This issue has been sorted out, please make sure you are running the latest APP and the firmware, the balance must be adjusted well before you power on the device, then make sure the Gimbal Adjustment Knob has been turned tightly.
If the issue persists, we would appreciate if you could share us a short video.
2018-5-24
Use props
Manfonse 2
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I was literally about to head to apple store today to buy one if these for my iPhone X, now i think i need to hold back. What is the solution, if any? Are there any others out there that will work with the iphone X? Can apple able a turn on/off OIS in an update? Although i read above that its hardware.

Thanks
2018-5-28
Use props
djiuser_1NgRl5nsKUH8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10538 ft
South Africa

I was looking at buying the Osmo 2 as well...i was also looking at buying the zhiyun smooth 4
2018-6-26
Use props
Hullie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3356657 ft
Netherlands

I have purchased an Osmo 2 a couple of days ago. I'm using it with an iPhone X on 11.4 and DJI Go v3.1.38.
I've seen the horrible wobble and stuttering on the internet, so I did a couple of tests. I've filmed at 1080p/60fps. Running through my house. Fast and slowly. Slow pans and fast ones. Yes it did stutter twice in an one minute movie, but not at all horrible. I'm happy with it, it is smooth.
I've balanced my iPhone perfectly by adding a coin as contra weight: I left my case on the phone to compensate for the weight. I can turn the phone in the viewing position (Osmo is still turned off) and the phone stays that position. Maybe this will help getting rid of the wobbling?
2018-6-26
Use props
RoggerFabri
lvl.1
Flight distance : 745738 ft
Ireland

Is this still an issue with iPhone X? I'm seriously considering buying an OSMO II but I'm afraid after reading this topic.
2018-6-27
Use props
volcomboy62
New

France

Hullie Posted at 2018-6-26 12:05
I have purchased an Osmo 2 a couple of days ago. I'm using it with an iPhone X on 11.4 and DJI Go v3.1.38.
I've seen the horrible wobble and stuttering on the internet, so I did a couple of tests. I've filmed at 1080p/60fps. Running through my house.  Fast and slowly. Slow pans and fast ones. Yes it did stutter twice in an one minute movie, but not at all horrible. I'm happy with it, it is smooth.
I've balanced my iPhone perfectly by adding a coin as contra weight: I left my case on the phone to compensate for the weight. I can turn the phone in the viewing position (Osmo is still turned off) and the phone stays that position. Maybe this will help getting rid of the wobbling?

Hello,

Can you tell me if the OSMO Mobile 2 work correctly with iPhone X and the dji app 3.1.42 version ?
I am currently hesitating between the dji osmo mobile 2 and the zhiyun smooth 4
2018-6-27
Use props
Hullie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3356657 ft
Netherlands

volcomboy62 Posted at 2018-6-27 23:21
Hello,

Can you tell me if the OSMO Mobile 2 work correctly with iPhone X and the dji app 3.1.42 version ?

Hi,
Yes I can confirm that is working with v3.1.42. I installed it yesterday and I have found no issues with it.
2018-6-28
Use props
Delta Tango
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3655085 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ravin Posted at 2018-5-23 10:47

Apple will not lose business over this. Be realistic.
2018-10-10
Use props
MrRoboto
lvl.3
Canada

Works great with my Iphone X
2018-10-11
Use props
jimmycabuy
New

Hungary

Hello, I'm looking for a stabilizer for my iPhone X. Can you tell me if the problem of stabilization with the iPhone X is solved for good? Thank you for your help
2018-12-8
Use props
emma110
New

India

fansb05cb444 Posted at 2018-2-18 19:34
That issue seems ok, however the DJI App doesn't support iPhone X resolutions, such as 4k 60, or Slow motion at 240fps. I would avoid purchasing it until they add these features to the app.

Yes. you are right. its not support iPhone because both electronics devices are different.

2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules