The redundant "No Signal" issue
1508 14 2015-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bmlawdog753
lvl.2
Flight distance : 179268 ft
United States

I’m hoping someoneresponds soon as I have a photo shoot in a couple hours, here is my question. Icontinue to get the intermittent video feed signal. I can see video on my IPhone6 plus and then all of a sudden, "No Signal." It still shows I amconnected RC and that I have satellite connection. Can I still fly it this wayto do a photo shoot or what is the potential danger. It keeps reading return tohome because of no signal and I usually just cancel that.

2015-5-1
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I wouldn't until its sorted. How are you going to operate to take video or stills with a warning message? Also don't forget everything is logged so if there was a problem you could be up shit creek without a paddle.
2015-5-1
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Long shot but have you tried closing all your apps and rebooting  your Iphone? Have you also checked what channels you have selected on your app and its in auto mode?
2015-5-1
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

I had a similar issue last night. it happened a couple quick times with the primary controller but it was happening all the time with my second remote. My co-pilot was going crazy.  I am not saying its a fix but we noticed that Wifi was on and the table was not in airplane mode (the one on the second controller) so we put airplane mode on and turned off Wifi, also shut down 3 running apps and it significantly improved the issue.

Also I have noticed that, at least to me it looks like there is two different types of "No Signal", video only and then full transmitter. I have found that for video only sometimes I have to completely shut everything down (tablets and all) and restart as well as disconnect/detach and reconnect the gimbal to improve the situation.  I don't have to do it often....  but FWIW it seems to help.
2015-5-1
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Video-only shutdown may be due to lack of available channels.  DJI was forced to sharply curtail the number of available channels for video transmission because (as it turns out) most of the channel space they were using would require a license.  In the latest firmware upgrade they eliminated the illegal channels.  However that increases the chance of the problem you are describing if there is interference in the remaining frequency range.  If you are getting video AND control outages, I wonder if you might be flying in an area with a lot of radio signal activity in the frequency bands used by the Inspire.  It may have nothing to do with the app, the iPhone or anything else.  Try relocating to a more remote area and seeing if you still have the problem.  Unfortunately it's going to take some troubleshooting to determine whether the problem is a defect or simply a limitation.
2015-5-1
Use props
bmlawdog753
lvl.2
United States

DJI says maybe a lightbridge issue, They sent me some instructions of some things to do. Other than that they have issued me an RMA for return. Its really a bummer because I just got it back from a slight crash. When I received it, it flew fine and I could see the image but then eventually it started being kinda hit or miss, it still photos and runs video its just some times I cant see what its seeing to know what im shooting.
2015-5-1
Use props
bmlawdog753
lvl.2
United States

This is the screen when I first got it back from repair. It made weird noises and took forever to update and then these screen shots went away and I was flying ok a couple times then the "No Signal" issue hit but I still have RC connection and sattelites.

2015-5-1
Use props
bmlawdog753
lvl.2
United States

Sorry forgot attachment.

2015-5-1
Use props
bmlawdog753
lvl.2
United States

Let me try gain.
2015-5-1
Use props
bmlawdog753
lvl.2
United States

2015-5-1
Use props
Monkeyking
lvl.2

United States

My experience with this similar problem turned out to be my lighting cable was worn and loose in the USB slot. If I bumped even a little it would read disconnected but the craft flew and recorded as normal. Of course it's scary when not in LoS.... Check the cables
2015-5-1
Use props
archer02
lvl.2

United States

After the new down load I have half the range and now loose the feed SO MUCH more with only the 8 channels to use now. Can't get much further out from electrical interference than where I live. So they have cut way down on system reliability as well as signal strength now. I'm lucky to get a half mile now let alone video on the IPhone now. Sure liked it better before this great up grade with things were fine with me.
2015-5-2
Use props
enkhome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 273038 ft
Netherlands

bmlawdog753@yah Posted at 2015-5-2 04:48
DJI says maybe a lightbridge issue, They sent me some instructions of some things to do. Other than  ...

Can you tell us what kind of instructions or things to do from DJI?
I now use deoxIT gold on al contacts also for the battery (they used it for hifi contacts and connectors)  
2015-5-2
Use props
bmlawdog753
lvl.2
United States

enkhome Posted at 2015-5-3 04:43
Can you tell us what kind of instructions or things to do from DJI?
I now use deoxIT gold on al co ...

Sorry for the delay but I have already sent it back in.
2015-5-9
Use props
Vakhochi
New

Georgia

All I can say is that DJI has the worst service and online customer service in the world. You guys SUCK!
2015-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules