Will post my analsis when i get this.

https://www.drone-world.com/dji- ... enna-range-extender
2018-2-18
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Yeah I'm waiting on Titan .... he is working on a few setups that is supposed to work out the HD reliability... has the range part of it down
2018-2-18
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

This will be interesting.
2018-2-18
Use props
COMTHRE3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1609478 ft
Kuwait

Any news regarding the mod? Also are there any premodded remote resellers out there?
2018-2-20
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

COMTHRE3 Posted at 2018-2-20 12:48
Any news regarding the mod? Also are there any premodded remote resellers out there?

Yes,,,i sent my controller out. Luckily, Drone World is in Orange County. I live in LA.
The controller gets to their facility tomorrow. so maybe i'll get it by the weekend.

Please standby. I'm willing to beta test this and give you guys/gals/guygals an update as soon as i can.  I'll put a youtube out and be THE FIRST to have the Maxx Mod on an Air controller.
2018-2-20
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

Are you all planning battery Mods as well? I have seen countless videos of the Mavic Air out flying it's battery capacity. I don't understand the point if the UAV only has a limited flight range due to the battery
2018-2-20
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

Strobing_NYC Posted at 2018-2-20 15:40
Are you all planning battery Mods as well? I have seen countless videos of the Mavic Air out flying it's battery capacity. I don't understand the point if the UAV only has a limited flight range due to the battery

Who me?
I don't work for Drone World.

I'm going to be one of the first few customers who will have the Maxx Mod on an Air controller soon though.  If i dont' get it back before the weekend i'll surely have it by next week.

Stay tuned for my review.
2018-2-20
Use props
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

Interesting to hear your review. I wonder why they never made this mod for the Spark. Maybe the price was too close to the cost of the drone???
2018-2-20
Use props
Top5ive
lvl.2
United States

Bookmarked
2018-2-22
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

Hello all,
Just a quick update.

My controller got to their facility yesterday.  I called today and their turnaround time is 2 - 5 business days.  BUSINESS DAYS.  So i'm expecting to to have the controller at the latest next Thursday or the earliest by this Saturday.

Promise to get the results posted as soon as I can.  Thanks for your patience all.
2018-2-22
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

Hi All!
So Drone World just notified me with a tracking number.  

I live close to Drone World HQ so i'll get the controller tomorrow.  I work during the day so the earliest i can take it out for a test run is Thursday. Which means i can have results by Thursday afternoon.

2018-2-27
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

Here it is boys and girls.
Gonna test this out tomorrow in heavy city settings; heavy as in lots of apartments, buildings, offices, other wifi, etc.
Weekend will be a test with less interference.
2018-2-28
Use props
E3M6N3S
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121713 ft
United States

Looks awesome. Please update with your results so I can decide to pull the trigger on this mod.
2018-3-1
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

Hello.
Took the first flight flight out with the new Maxx Mod.
Here are the conditions i took it out.
Heavy urban setting; large office buildings, apartments, varied airspace classifications.

2.4Ghz it got 558 meters out until automated return to home from loss of signal.
5.8Ghz it got 857 meters out until automated return to home from loss of signal.

Outbound flights were into a slight head wind.
No incidents on return flight on automated RTH.

Will be testing this out where there is less city interference on the weekend.

Will be posting up the video later today when i get home.
2018-3-1
Use props
COMTHRE3
lvl.3
Kuwait

Really? I fly mine in downtown where I live. Lots of high rises. And I get about 2.4k in FCC 5.8. Stock
2018-3-1
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

COMTHRE3 Posted at 2018-3-1 12:44
Really? I fly mine in downtown where I live. Lots of high rises. And I get about 2.4k in FCC 5.8. Stock

Nice!
I don't know how to put it in FCC, but that's pretty good.
Is that 2.4k the outbound trip or in total?
2018-3-1
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I went a slightly different way and modded my MA controller for the Titan t-lock

2018-3-1
Use props
COMTHRE3
lvl.3
Kuwait

Acenspades Posted at 2018-3-1 12:52
Nice!
I don't know how to put it in FCC, but that's pretty good.
Is that 2.4k the outbound trip or in total?

That’s the farthest I’ve flown this, sadly it crashed today and is currently stuck on top of a building in the city. Just YouTube how to change it to fcc mode. If you’re in the states then you should be in fcc mode
EB3CA27A-4B88-458F-8DEA-F22B845222C4.jpeg
2018-3-1
Use props
COMTHRE3
lvl.3
Kuwait

lannes Posted at 2018-3-1 13:09
I went a slightly different way and modded my MA controller for the Titan t-lock

[view_image]

Please tell us how this one fares.
2018-3-1
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123960 ft
Singapore

Acenspades Posted at 2018-3-1 12:32
Hello.
Took the first flight flight out with the new Maxx Mod.
Here are the conditions i took it out.

thanks for the results..!
Do you have the pre-mod range what you used to get in the same area ? Is there a  significant improvement with the mod ? thanks
2018-3-1
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Singapore

COMTHRE3 Posted at 2018-3-1 13:35
That’s the farthest I’ve flown this, sadly it crashed today and is currently stuck on top of a building in the city. Just YouTube how to change it to fcc mode. If you’re in the states then you should be in fcc mode

That's some good range if in urban setting. Hope you get the bird back without much damage
2018-3-1
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Yea i didnt go titan route bit james did just announce his "switch setup" it will work for mav air...waiting on my 4hawks raptor sr antenna.... was suppised to have it today but.  .usps is well usps!. It was in my hometown lastnight...wake up this morning it is across the country in a ca sorting facility....good times....cant do nothing but wait now hopefully they realize they fudged up and send it right back  to me...have my air remote apart and ready to go
2018-3-1
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

cyborg Posted at 2018-3-1 19:26
thanks for the results..!
Do you have the pre-mod range what you used to get in the same area ? Is there a  significant improvement with the mod ? thanks

yes i actually have it on the DJI flight recorder.
Same area but with stock antenna:

2.4Ghz FCC 382 meters, loss of signal, RTH, no incident on RTH.
5.8Ghz FCC 517 meters, loss of signal, RTH, no incident on RTH.

Again, it could be that in a large city, like Los Angeles, with office buildings, houses, telephone wires, etc. that it could have affected the range.  Will be testing out in open area away from electronic noise this weekend.  Hope that helps.
2018-3-1
Use props
cyborg
lvl.4
Singapore

Acenspades Posted at 2018-3-1 21:23
yes i actually have it on the DJI flight recorder.
Same area but with stock antenna:

Thanks, so that's around 50% increase in range in urban environment..  next, awaiting your weekend test results
2018-3-1
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

Hello droners,
So this weekend was pretty shot for me.  Saturday was raining then I checked out 2 spots but it turned out those spots were very windy.

I will try another range test, with less city interference, this weekend.

2018-3-7
Use props
COMTHRE3
lvl.3
Kuwait

Just installed my 4hawks rs antenna. unfortunately, it's too windy outside. didn't get a chance to fly it properly today. I will report back once the weather gets better.
2018-3-12
Use props
Acenspades
lvl.3
United States

COMTHRE3 Posted at 2018-3-12 12:55
Just installed my 4hawks rs antenna. unfortunately, it's too windy outside. didn't get a chance to fly it properly today. I will report back once the weather gets better.

Sorry to hear.  

I too have been weathered.  It's been raining and the wind has been up the past 2 weekends here in Los Angeles.
So i haven't been out either.  Will try again this weekend.
2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules