1725 10 2018-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BenTheLlama
New
Flight distance : 98596 ft
United States

Hello,
My DJI Mavic Pro has had this error the last two times I flew it. When I press all the way up on the right stick, let it get to 19mph, and then let go, it beeps and emergency stops. There is nothing around and this is the only time it happens. It is quite the pain because it happens every time I let go of the right stick. Any ideas on what to do?
Thanks
2018-2-18
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

What are you expecting it to do when you release the right joystick?
2018-2-18
Use props
BenTheLlama
New
United States

When I do it it beeps and says obstacle detected
2018-2-19
Use props
BenTheLlama
New
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-2-18 17:19
What are you expecting it to do when you release the right joystick?

2018-2-19
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

BenTheLlama Posted at 2018-2-19 16:05

Is the aircraft pointing towards the sun by any chance? Sometimes a bright light like the sun can trick Object Avoidance into thinking there's an obstacle in the way.
2018-2-19
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I wonder if it sees it's own props when it stops fast.  Is your gimbal set to allow +30 degrees for upward angle shooting?  Does it do this when you slow down less abruptly?  Try doing it with the camera pointing straight down.  
2018-2-19
Use props
E.W. Aerials
lvl.3
Flight distance : 313205 ft
  • >>>
United States

Had the same issue . Did a cold IMU calibration and all is good!
2018-5-3
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-2-19 16:45
I wonder if it sees it's own props when it stops fast.  Is your gimbal set to allow +30 degrees for upward angle shooting?  Does it do this when you slow down less abruptly?  Try doing it with the camera pointing straight down.

The obstacle sensors have nothing to do with the camera.  They're a totally separate subsystem.
2018-5-3
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-2-19 16:30
Is the aircraft pointing towards the sun by any chance? Sometimes a bright light like the sun can trick Object Avoidance into thinking there's an obstacle in the way.

Yup mine has done this a few times when facing the sun especially when its sunset.  It usually goes away right away though is only momentary.  
2018-5-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

BenTheLlama Posted at 2018-2-19 16:05

Believe this normal behavior, from what I have experienced with a close call with my drone and abnormally tall tree.

The drone is trying its best to stop as quickly as possible per your release of right stick.  In my close call I did full reverse.

Drone has to reverse its pitch (nose tilted down to nose tilted up) to abruptly stop, then go to pitch of zero, level.
The sensors while going forward at 19MPH are pointing below horizon (towards ground), then suddenly pointing above horizon (towards sky), then back to level once stopped.

Resulting in major changes to sensors input.  And from time to time confusion or a false message about obstacle detected.

2018-5-3
Use props
djiuser_Ia0vuoPTx6Iu
New

United States

my Mavic Pro started doing this the last week, I have flown it for 18months and never had this problem before. but mine will do it in full flight. I can be in forward motion and the obstacle sensor goes off stopping the drone completely. not in the sunset or around anything. and seems to be doing this more often.
2020-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules