1329 12 2018-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mdsniper7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8340 ft
  • >>>
United States

So got my air and just so frustrating that the Wi-Fi causes so much choppy video. Such a great size drone but Wi-Fi just ruins it for me. Oh well guess it's on to mavic pro 2 in the future.
2018-2-18
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

got 3500m out the other day, like a dream.  oh well, don't need to wait for pro2
2018-2-18
Use props
mdsniper7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

AIister Posted at 2018-2-18 20:33
got 3500m out the other day, like a dream.  oh well, don't need to wait for pro2

Yea but is that in a town. I can get range in a field but in town video is choppy. No point in having to travel to use a grand item all the time.
2018-2-18
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Canada

mdsniper7 Posted at 2018-2-18 20:59
Yea but is that in a town. I can get range in a field but in town video is choppy. No point in having to travel to use a grand item all the time.

did you change channels or frequency?
2018-2-18
Use props
mdsniper7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

AIister Posted at 2018-2-18 21:24
did you change channels or frequency?

Yea whenever I'm not out in the fields it gets really choppy I don't know if it's cause I'm near a university or not but it's like the WiFi drops at about 500 feet away
2018-2-18
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Canada

so no, you didn't.
2018-2-18
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

Try flying at 180 ft or higher but beware of stong wind.
2018-2-18
Use props
jashjacob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 296089 ft
India

AIister Posted at 2018-2-18 20:33

At what Altitude?
2018-2-18
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Canada

30m on the Air.
2018-2-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It sounds like there might be something up because very few reports of bad video signal urban or rural, I would do some checking as to what systems your using.
2018-2-19
Use props
fans663583ad
lvl.2

Canada

As with all remote controlled flying things, keep your controller in clear line of sight. Trees, building, wires, towers, hills are commonplace in town. The further you go away from yourself, raise the altitude to keep a clear line of sight. I realize you may not actually see the tiny Mavic Air but your remote control antennas must have an unobstructed signal path to the drone.

If you have all of that covered, it must be signal interference with the wi-fi channel you are on.

For those that are curious, I am not recommending anyone fly beyond "visual" line of sight but I am a realist. Please use safe flying practices. I cringe every time I see local news about a drone...it's never good news. Launch only when you have good GPS, take in account helicopters, power lines, small aircraft and your neighbor that may not appreciate your new hobby as much as you do....just be considerate, PLEASE. I don't think I can take any more of these over restrictive UAV rules brought on by a careless hobbyist. Be kind to the curious spectators, you may gain a friend and another hobby enthusiast.
2018-2-19
Use props
Berg I Imagery
First Officer
Flight distance : 70577 ft
United States

What mobile device are you utilizing?  I might suggest plugging a USB cable directly into the base of the controller, then into your mobile device; rather than utilizing the one integrated into the top left side of the controller.  I think DJI may have some optimization to do on that connection point, because I've noticed better (smoother) video quality when utilizing the other USB port.
2018-2-19
Use props
Mavic Ace
lvl.4
Flight distance : 333976 ft
  • >>>
United States

Berg I Imagery Posted at 2018-2-19 15:59
What mobile device are you utilizing?  I might suggest plugging a USB cable directly into the base of the controller, then into your mobile device; rather than utilizing the one integrated into the top left side of the controller.  I think DJI may have some optimization to do on that connection point, because I've noticed better (smoother) video quality when utilizing the other USB port.

I didn’t realize that was even an option.  I’ll try it out tomorrow. Thanks. .  
2018-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules