Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Who has Matrice 200-210 GPS/Compas issue?
15217 116 2018-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-4-11 02:25
20x >15k$ customers are grounded, and no one from DJI takes care about our case.... even if M210 can crash and can damage and kill someone... even worse, you made fake annoucements, lies, ... that's so crazy ! our money is grounded because we can't use M200/M210 solution because it doesn't work.
What do we have to conclue ? In my country we call that a scam.

Sir, I have sent you PM, could you please check it?
2018-4-12
Use props
Megawisdumb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1141670 ft

I guess its my lucky day...seem to have same issue with my new M200 (https://forum.dji.com/thread-144192-1-1.html) .
2018-4-15
Use props
Leono87
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11552 ft

Costa Rica

hII!
I was flying my M200 with dual TB55's and it was disconnected and return to a home landing.

After that, I restart the aircraft and the RC but the drone was blinking yellow.

Now, I have a "Compass Error. Calibration required"  in the overall status, but I can not calibrate!

The remote control is linked but the DJI app does not show anythying in the compass calibration, I touch the calibration button and the app does not make anything.

Also, I dont get the info of the baterries.

I make a firmware update with DJI Assistant 2 (V01.01.0600) but it does not work.

It is the same compass issue? or it is diferent?

Any suggetions?
2018-4-16
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Leono87 Posted at 2018-4-16 13:06
hII!
I was flying my M200 with dual TB55's and it was disconnected and return to a home landing.

I suggest you to save your Flight Logs as proove. Then you can post it on this forum and maybe someone will analyze your flight and explain what exact issue happen (as someone did there : https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... tid=144192#lastpost )

Also, could you provide more informations about your case:
What RC did you use ? and firmware?
What app and device did you use ?
What was the payload?
Did you notice any drift or gps disconection or warning msg before RC disconnected?
Was your drone far from you when RC disconnected?
2018-4-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>

Leono87 Posted at 2018-4-16 13:06
hII!

Welcome to the club ... No idea what to do next in your case ... Can you try another set of batteries, TB50 preferably? What is your setup on M200? With single camera I wouldn't recommend TB55 batteries as they're to heavy to carry on the back of drone. BTW some batches of TB55 are troubled in FW.
2018-4-16
Use props
Leono87
lvl.2

Costa Rica

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-4-16 13:19
I suggest you to save your Flight Logs as proove. Then you can post it on this forum and maybe someone will analyze your flight and explain what exact issue happen (as someone did there : https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... tid=144192#lastpost )

Also, could you provide more informations about your case:

Thanks!

How can I get the flight logs?

I am not sure about the firmware version, but I update to Vo1.01.0600 and I still having the same issue.

It looks that imu and compass are not reponding because I cannot calibrate.

The RC is the standart, I was using a DJI GO 4 app in Ipad Mini 4.

I was using a zenmuse x4s.

I never see the GPS disconection or warning, the aircraft was near to me I guess that maybe was 50 meter.

I linked the RC from the app and also  tocuhing the buttoms, but I does not work.
2018-4-16
Use props
Leono87
lvl.2

Costa Rica

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-4-16 13:22
Welcome to the club  ... No idea what to do next in your case ... Can you try another set of batteries, TB50 preferably? What is your setup on M200? With single camera I wouldn't recommend TB55 batteries as they're to heavy to carry on the back of drone. BTW some batches of TB55 are troubled in FW.

Actually I had a issue with the TB50 (yes It is not a purchase lucky) so I returned the baterry from Costa Rica to US for a warranty.

So, I only have a TB55 baterries.

I watched your video and your case, do you think that similiar or the same issue?

Because in my case looks like the sensor are not responding, I cannot calibrate and the drone is flashing yellow and I cannot take off manual or automatically
2018-4-16
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Leono87 Posted at 2018-4-16 14:32
Thanks!

How can I get the flight logs?

Can you try with another Android device (CS or other)?
Can you try with another battery TB50 as Matthew suggests?
Is RC well set as Master?

to get log you have to use Assistant software !
2018-4-16
Use props
Leono87
lvl.2

Costa Rica

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-4-16 14:43
Can you try with another Android device (CS or other)?
Can you try with another battery TB50 as Matthew suggests?
Is RC well set as Master?

I do not try with other device, I delete the app and install but it does not work.

I will test with a TB50 I only have one but for a test no problem.

Yes, the RC is set as Master and looks linked with the green light, but something rare is that in the screen of the RC in DJI GO 4 says Connection Status: OFF.

But I can control the cam and the main screen of the app says connected
2018-4-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

Leono87 Posted at 2018-4-16 15:03
I do not try with other device, I delete the app and install but it does not work.

I will test with a TB50 I only have one but for a test no problem.

This is definitely something I have never heard of. It may or may be not related to known M200 compass error issue, I just don't know ...
2018-4-16
Use props
d2z
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41549 ft

Malaysia

I was flying my M200 with Z30. Lost connection and the drone start to drift and hit wall. it was a total lost and already send to DJI. DJI did not warrant this claiming this is not their fault at all.

Not sure this is similar issue or not.
This happen last year on 19th Oct 2017.
2018-4-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

d2z Posted at 2018-4-16 22:40
I was flying my M200 with Z30. Lost connection and the drone start to drift and hit wall. it was a total lost and already send to DJI. DJI did not warrant this claiming this is not their fault at all.

Not sure this is similar issue or not.

Without flight data any speculations are senseless, but DJI must have good reason for refusal of warranty repair or replacement in any case ...
2018-4-16
Use props
BudWalker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

Megawisdumb Posted at 2018-4-15 09:28
I guess its my lucky day...seem to have same issue with my new M200 (https://forum.dji.com/thread-144192-1-1.html) .

I looked some more at your incident. Specifically I looked more at the theory that increased motor currents caused the compass error and subsequent switch to ATTI mode. I don't think this is correct. I think the problem is related to extreme pitch and roll values. An extreme pitch angle is necessary for higher speed causing a higher current - but it's not the higher current, it's the extreme pitch angle.

Some of the early Mavics had the problem where high back motor currents would cause noise to couple into the back magnetometers. See attached

That isn't the case here. See attached.

But, there is a very definite correlation between the extreme pitch/roll angles and the magMod value. See attached. Theoretically magMod should be a constant value independent of the M200 orientation. In reality, magMod will vary some but this is excessive.

There is a test that would help verify the correlation between extreme pitch/roll angles and a compass error. If someone wants to volunteer to do this it's pretty easy - no actual flight or motorStart is required. After batteryOn hold the M200 at arms length so that it's pointing away from you. Then raise it all the the way up so that it points up. Then lower to all the way down so that it's pointing down. After this, turn your body 10° to 15° and repeat the raise/lower maneuver. Continue turning your body while performing the raise/lower maneuver. What we're try to achieve is that the M200 will have been placed in every orientation. You could then turn the M200 in you hands so that it's pointing left (or right) and then repeat the body turning while raising lowering procedure. Lemme know if I need to make a YouTube.

Now retrieve the .DAT and Dropbox it so that we can take a look.

Megawisdumb5.jpg
Megawisdumb4.jpg
Megawisdumb6.jpg
2018-4-17
Use props
BudWalker
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The more I look at this data the more it looks like the compass isn't calibrated. Has anyone considered the idea that the two different batteries each require a different compass calibration? The magnetic distortion associated with the smaller battery may be different than that of the larger battery. If so then a calibration done with the smaller battery may not be valid when the larger battery is used.

For anyone interested in providing the magnetometer data here's is a YouTube illustrating how to obtain the data.

And, here is the original description "After batteryOn hold the M200 at arms length so that it's pointing away from you. Then raise it all the the way up so that it points up. Then lower to all the way down so that it's pointing down. After this, turn your body 10° to 15° and repeat the raise/lower maneuver. Continue turning your body while performing the raise/lower maneuver. What we're try to achieve is that the M200 will have been placed in every orientation. You could then turn the M200 in you hands so that it's pointing left (or right) and then repeat the body turning while raising lowering procedure."

2018-4-18
Use props
Leono87
lvl.2

Costa Rica

Well, my matrice 200 will return to DJI.

After try everything, The compass status and battery info is still unavailable

I will report the final of the story.
2018-4-18
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-4-12 00:55
Sir, I have sent you PM, could you please check it?

Hi Mindy,
Why don't you ask them (as you did with me in PM) if they want try the BETA M200 serie firmware version  that should contain an optimization of compas/gps issue?!

Don't they complain enough ?

You told me you did but anybody here seems to know that there is a Beta Firmware for M200 !!!!!
That's not fair, that's not professionnal....
Mindy.png
2018-4-19
Use props
Biggles846
lvl.2
Flight distance : 451047 ft

Biggles846 Posted at 2018-4-6 04:13
Follow up from my previous. Appears that M200 flies ok with TB50 batteries so using TB55 would seem to be root cause. Now, whether it's a fundamental battery issue, or additional weight causing (I'm guessing) rear motors having to work harder to compensate (thus increased current draw) is for DJI to investigate?

Ah well, forget what I said about the TB55's .  Tested the M200 with TB50's in very benign conditions, hardly a breath of wind, and intially performance seemed good.  Then flew (in P mode) at max speed and almost immediately got the "magnetic interference, compass error" followed by forced drop into ATTI mode.  Did not manually switch from P to ATTI and left the airframe hovering (drifting) for a short period before flying it slowly back towards home point.  GPS was reestablished so I continued the flight for a few minutes before landing.  This bird is going back!
2018-4-20
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Biggles846 Posted at 2018-4-20 05:18
Ah well, forget what I said about the TB55's .  Tested the M200 with TB50's in very benign conditions, hardly a breath of wind, and intially performance seemed good.  Then flew (in P mode) at max speed and almost immediately got the "magnetic interference, compass error" followed by forced drop into ATTI mode.  Did not manually switch from P to ATTI and left the airframe hovering (drifting) for a short period before flying it slowly back towards home point.  GPS was reestablished so I continued the flight for a few minutes before landing.  This bird is going back!

good luck !
And be patient....
they received my UAV there is a month ago, and it s still not repaired.......
Very very long for a professionnal drone services compagny
2018-4-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-4-19 23:39
Hi Mindy,
Why don't you ask them (as you did with me in PM) if they want try the BETA M200 serie firmware version  that should contain an optimization of compas/gps issue?!

As a matter of fact Mindy offered beta to me ... I politely refused this kind offer as I prefer to wait until official FW release. After all my M200 replacement is behaving fairly, no reason to mess with half-cooked FW ...
2018-4-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>

Biggles846 Posted at 2018-4-20 05:18

Here we go, this is obvious ... Don't forget to download DAT file before sending the bird for fix. Good luck ...

PS. Can't wait until the warranty is over to take my bird apart and see what can be done to avoid the potential issue in radical way. Mine replacement M200 is behaving fairly good so far, but who knows what may happen one of these bad days ...
2018-4-20
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

BudWalker Posted at 2018-4-18 05:10
The more I look at this data the more it looks like the compass isn't calibrated. Has anyone considered the idea that the two different batteries each require a different compass calibration? The magnetic distortion associated with the smaller battery may be different than that of the larger battery. If so then a calibration done with the smaller battery may not be valid when the larger battery is used.

For anyone interested in providing the magnetometer data here's is a YouTube illustrating how to obtain the data.

thanks BudWalker. i just followed your instructions video. sent you a PM with the .dat file (1 for tb50 + 1 for tb55). hope you find the root cause.
2018-4-20
Use props
BudWalker
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

kozlio# Posted at 2018-4-20 14:17
thanks BudWalker. i just followed your instructions video. sent you a PM with the .dat file (1 for tb50 + 1 for tb55). hope you find the root cause.

Thanks for this. I'm still looking at these. This is the first time I've received this test data produced by someone besides myself. TBH, I'm having some difficulty understanding it.  

One question. This appears to have been performed inside - there is no GPS data. Is that right? I should have mentioned that the test should be performed outside away from any buildings, cars, etc. I don't think it makes any difference here, but I'm not totally sure about that.

Also, it appears that the M2100was being held by it's top. I.e. when your arms are level you're looking at the top of the M210. Is that right? Doesn't actually matter, I'm just curious.
2018-4-21
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

Yes, indoors
Yes, looking at its top side.
I'll perform test again outdoors with GPS signals & re-upload. Hopefully tonight.
On a positive note, after installing the recent firmware updates (RC, go4, pilot), i flew around a water tower for a total of >3 h and had no gps loss/compass errors/green video feed at all.
2018-4-23
Use props
Kj4cjr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2150719 ft
United States

I had the GPS/Compass issue. My M210 had to go back twice for the same issues, BUT they did eventually fix the issues and now I have a reliable bird.
2018-4-30
Use props
Kj4cjr
lvl.2
United States

Kj4cjr Posted at 2018-3-18 12:46
Mine just came back from DJI Repair Center, they replaced the GPS module and the Main controller module. I still have the same issues with compass error and GPS loss. It acts as if it was not even repaired. What I don't understand is how it passed QA after repair considering I have the exact same problems.

After a second round at the Repair center, they have fixed my issues. They replaced the same parts as the first repair so it might have been a board that was DOA the first time around. As of now, everything works!
2018-4-30
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Kj4cjr Posted at 2018-4-30 20:22
After a second round at the Repair center, they have fixed my issues. They replaced the same parts as the first repair so it might have been a board that was DOA the first time around. As of now, everything works!

Hi !
thanks for positiv feedback, it gives hope.... I still didn't received back my M210 from DJI Repair Center....

Could you please also share what DJI Repair Center noticed after repairs?
(software? RC fixed? mainboard?)

thanks
2018-4-30
Use props
Kj4cjr
lvl.2
United States

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-4-30 22:35
Hi !
thanks for positiv feedback, it gives hope.... I still didn't received back my M210 from DJI Repair Center....

GPS module and Main controller module on the aircraft were replaced.
2018-5-1
Use props
Biggles846
lvl.2

Well I returned the M200 and my vendor and DJI together tested it. They confirmed the problem. Fortunately EU consumer protection legislation enabled me to ask for a full refund, which my vendor was happy to do, albeit he now has the argument with DJI. I also own a P4P that has never exhibited these kind of anomalies, neither has my colleague's Inspire 2. My position now is that I need to be assured that DJI have properly addressed these issues before purchasing another Matrice, or perhaps look for a similar machine elsewhere. DJI really need to get on top of this and stop fobbing their customers off.
2018-5-2
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Biggles846 Posted at 2018-5-2 01:48
Well I returned the M200 and my vendor and DJI together tested it. They confirmed the problem. Fortunately EU consumer protection legislation enabled me to ask for a full refund, which my vendor was happy to do, albeit he now has the argument with DJI. I also own a P4P that has never exhibited these kind of anomalies, neither has my colleague's Inspire 2. My position now is that I need to be assured that DJI have properly addressed these issues before purchasing another Matrice, or perhaps look for a similar machine elsewhere. DJI really need to get on top of this and stop fobbing their customers off.

Did you ask full refund in the first 15 days after your purchase date?
2018-5-2
Use props
Leono87
lvl.2

Costa Rica

Leono87 Posted at 2018-4-18 12:49
Well, my matrice 200 will return to DJI.

After try everything, The compass status and battery info is still unavailable

Expansion Bay (Interface Board) Module and Remote Controller Main Board Module were replaced.

So, it was not the compass issue.

I am waiting for the aircraft, I hope that it is the final of story
2018-5-2
Use props
Biggles846
lvl.2

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-5-2 01:51
Did you ask full refund in the first 15 days after your purchase date?

No, but I was within 30 days. It doesnt matter what rules DJI may have invented. Every country has its own consumer protection laws and if they want to sell in that country they have to conform to local legislation
2018-5-6
Use props
Megawisdumb
lvl.2

I experienced this issue on April 15th with my Mat200 w/ TB55s, opened a case and shipped her & remote to left coast.  They noted they replaced the main board in the remote and shipped her back.  I go outside today for its FIRST flight since she returned home and power her up with Tb50s this time.  Oddly on power up it denotes firmware mismatch and corrects it.  I take off ascend to 200 feet and go maybe 1/4 mile north and all goes blank again - complete disconnect.  I pushed RTH several times and could see it just hovering in the distance.  Finally it allowed some atti control to get her back to my property but display never connected.  I did not have XT mounted this time but Zenmuse x4.  I have DATs of my flight.  My P4P has never had anything like this before.  Story: spending more is less sometimes.     
2018-5-9
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

Megawisdumb Posted at 2018-5-9 16:02
I experienced this issue on April 15th with my Mat200 w/ TB55s, opened a case and shipped her & remote to left coast.  They noted they replaced the main board in the remote and shipped her back.  I go outside today for its FIRST flight since she returned home and power her up with Tb50s this time.  Oddly on power up it denotes firmware mismatch and corrects it.  I take off ascend to 200 feet and go maybe 1/4 mile north and all goes blank again - complete disconnect.  I pushed RTH several times and could see it just hovering in the distance.  Finally it allowed some atti control to get her back to my property but display never connected.  I did not have XT mounted this time but Zenmuse x4.  I have DATs of my flight.  My P4P has never had anything like this before.  Story: spending more is less sometimes.

Team,

Since the latest suite of DJI updates from mid-April (e.g., for Go4, pilot, m200-series, RC, etc.), has anyone experienced any compass issues/gps signal loss/green video feed with the new updates? I have not, and I have been in the air for a good 5 hours since then, with z30 and/or x5s, go4 or pilot. had no issues since the updates.

Hoping situation was resolved and that you have similar positive feedback to report as well.
2018-5-11
Use props
Megawisdumb
lvl.2

After a few hours of error free flight this weekend I firmly believe my Mat 200 is now "fixed" on the compass issues after its trip to DJI repair.  My other issues with disconnecting appear to be 100% related to my use of an iPad as since I started using the CrystalSky 785 I have had no disconnection issues and they were almost every-time when using various iPads.  I do like IOS products but I'd rather look at video or GPS data than a blank or green screen while piloting.   May just be related to Matrice line as my p2p seems to do well with Ipad displays.  Thank you DJI for assisting me to get error free flight...well as at least free of software/hardware errors.
2018-5-13
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Megawisdumb Posted at 2018-5-13 06:18
After a few hours of error free flight this weekend I firmly believe my Mat 200 is now "fixed" on the compass issues after its trip to DJI repair.  My other issues with disconnecting appear to be 100% related to my use of an iPad as since I started using the CrystalSky 785 I have had no disconnection issues and they were almost every-time when using various iPads.  I do like IOS products but I'd rather look at video or GPS data than a blank or green screen while piloting.   May just be related to Matrice line as my p2p seems to do well with Ipad displays.  Thank you DJI for assisting me to get error free flight...well as at least free of software/hardware errors.

Hi !
I'm really happy to hear that !!
About my story... I've sent my M210 + Cendence to my dealer around the 22 March. He 'managed' to repair it with DJI BUT he didn't share me the repairing tracking.
Anyway , he should send me back my stuff this week.... he told me DJI's repaired my M210, but didn't share me any information about repairing details (do they change any part? I don't know...)
Since I've bought my M210 & Z30 that I've never used, the Z30 price's decreased around 4000$ and M210 around 2000$ ... I still did not get my M210 with me, but I've already lost around 6000$ (comparing to someone buying today a working well M210 + Z30 without Compas/GPS issue)
I'm not really happy to be honest and I still not sure my M210 Compas/GPS is fixed since my dealer didn't share me any information about repairing....

Is there any other way to get the tracking repair number with DJI with my account?!  I want to know what's happen with my stuff, and what kind of fix DJI'd applIed to my UAV.
2018-5-13
Use props
bobo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been having an issue with my m210 compass. I would have a warning to calibrate my compass because there is a lot of magnetic interference. I did compass calibration and it showed success. A few weeks with not using the m210. I turned it on and got the same warning. This has happened 4 times in 3 months. Same area my inspire2 and Mavic Pro never had a problem. Anyonehave suggestions?
2019-4-16
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

Purchased M210 RTK October 25th 2018 and this is the second time having the Compass / Vision position sensor problems with corresponding N/A in the Battery percentage reading area.
2020-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules