Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Who has Matrice 200-210 GPS/Compas issue?
123Next >
15213 116 2018-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

kozlio# Posted at 2018-3-14 15:01
thanks Mindy, uav flight data sent to you in private. thanks for helping us!

Sorry that the link cannot be opened, the new firmware will be released soon, I recommend to update when it is coming to see if the issues persist. GTScreenshot_20180316_170719.png
2018-3-16
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-16 01:06
Yes, we have checked the log and the good news is the new firmware of M210 will be released very soon, please wait a few days for the new one.Thank you.

Is the new firmware going to definitly solve this issue? or it is not sure at 100%?

2018-3-16
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-16 01:09
Sorry that the link cannot be opened, the new firmware will be released soon, I recommend to update when it is coming to see if the issues persist.[view_image]

ok I just see your message, anyway that's not sure... and I don't want to "try" if the issue persists.. the risky is too high and too dangerous for material & human.
2018-3-16
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-16 01:09
Sorry that the link cannot be opened, the new firmware will be released soon, I recommend to update when it is coming to see if the issues persist.[view_image]

Hi Mindy! i just sent you new URLs to my google drive, not we transfer. thanks for helping us, Mindy!
2018-3-17
Use props
jstocker68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1739 ft

United States

We just took delivery of two M210's. We purchased from a dealer, they opened them up and did all the firmware updates, linked the controllers etc. When we flew them for the first time one unit worked perfect. The other unit, the one that is mine to fly would lose GPS signal about 5 times every flight and I also noticed that when it hovered, it would move a lot (no wind) in a circle. So I calibrated the IMU and the Compass. I no longer have had that issue.  I have flown it for about 5 battery cycles now with no compass issue. However, I am having drifting issues when trying to fly straight.
2018-3-17
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

jstocker68 Posted at 2018-3-17 12:34
We just took delivery of two M210's. We purchased from a dealer, they opened them up and did all the firmware updates, linked the controllers etc. When we flew them for the first time one unit worked perfect. The other unit, the one that is mine to fly would lose GPS signal about 5 times every flight and I also noticed that when it hovered, it would move a lot (no wind) in a circle. So I calibrated the IMU and the Compass. I no longer have had that issue.  I have flown it for about 5 battery cycles now with no compass issue. However, I am having drifting issues when trying to fly straight.

If you want check if GPS/Compas issue happens:

1) Use TB55 if you have
2) or go at speed max in ATI mod

My conclusion is that this issue happen when M210 uses much power in motors...
2018-3-17
Use props
Kj4cjr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2150719 ft
United States

Mine just came back from DJI Repair Center, they replaced the GPS module and the Main controller module. I still have the same issues with compass error and GPS loss. It acts as if it was not even repaired. What I don't understand is how it passed QA after repair considering I have the exact same problems.
2018-3-18
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Kj4cjr Posted at 2018-3-18 12:46
Mine just came back from DJI Repair Center, they replaced the GPS module and the Main controller module. I still have the same issues with compass error and GPS loss. It acts as if it was not even repaired. What I don't understand is how it passed QA after repair considering I have the exact same problems.

How long time has your M210 stayed in DJI Repair Center? so sorry for you =/
2018-3-18
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

jstocker68 Posted at 2018-3-17 12:34
We just took delivery of two M210's. We purchased from a dealer, they opened them up and did all the firmware updates, linked the controllers etc. When we flew them for the first time one unit worked perfect. The other unit, the one that is mine to fly would lose GPS signal about 5 times every flight and I also noticed that when it hovered, it would move a lot (no wind) in a circle. So I calibrated the IMU and the Compass. I no longer have had that issue.  I have flown it for about 5 battery cycles now with no compass issue. However, I am having drifting issues when trying to fly straight.

Is this drifting issue persistent during entire flight or goes away after a minute or two? That's my case as for now ... Make sure RC sticks are well calibrated, warm the system for a while, go 30 m high and than full throttle straight ahead. See if she's still drifting, than come straight backward and see if she's back above home without stick correction.
2018-3-18
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-3-18 19:57
Is this drifting issue persistent during entire flight or goes away after a minute or two? That's my case as for now ... Make sure RC sticks are well calibrated, warm the system for a while, go 30 m high and than full throttle straight ahead. See if she's still drifting, than come straight backward and see if she's back above home without stick correction.

Is this drift still happen when switching in ATI mod?
2018-3-18
Use props
jstocker68
lvl.1

United States

I spoke too soon. Of our two aircraft, one of them came up with an IMU issue. In the middle of flight it stated that the IMU needed to recalibrate. We have re-calibrated, re-did the firmware, and re-calibrated again. No luck. Will be sending back to the vendor.
2018-3-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

jstocker68 Posted at 2018-3-19 15:04
I spoke too soon. Of our two aircraft, one of them came up with an IMU issue. In the middle of flight it stated that the IMU needed to recalibrate. We have re-calibrated, re-did the firmware, and re-calibrated again. No luck. Will be sending back to the vendor.

Well, s...t happen. You'll get the good one no matter what. It's gonna take a few months until they iron all wrinkles out. That's pretty much standard scenario with all new DJI products ...
2018-3-19
Use props
jstocker68
lvl.1

United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-3-19 17:44
Well, s...t happen. You'll get the good one no matter what. It's gonna take a few months until they iron all wrinkles out. That's pretty much standard scenario with all new DJI products ...

Yea it does.... Here's to hoping we get it all straightened out.  Thanks.
2018-3-20
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

My dealer has just sent my M210 package to DJI Repair Center to fix GPS/Compas.
I would like to know about your experiences with DJI Repair Center...

How long time does it take ??  Was your UAV fixed or exchange by new one or exchange by old one?
any advice?
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi All, the new firmware is coming out very soon, please wait patiently for the release, thank you.
2018-3-24
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-24 00:25
Hi All, the new firmware is coming out very soon, please wait patiently for the release, thank you.

thanks Mindy! i can confirm that during a 3rd visit yesterday, on a 10th cumulative battery set on the same wind farm site, i loose gps signal, compass issues, have green video feed and the dji pilot app disconnects/cannot find the uav while in mid-air. it happens around the same physical location - always midway up the wind turbine so about 50 m in the sky, always above the same lateral distance. i know for a fact DJI advertises their Matrice 210 uavs as electro magnetic interference resistant and this is one of the reasons i purchased mine.

hope this helps when reviewing the flight data from that site.

also, i read that some wind turbines have Open Radar Data Acquisition (ORDA) technology to reduce interference of weather Doppler radars. could this be it?
2018-3-25
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

In my opinion, they always say: "it ll be optimized in the next firmware" but nothing has changed for anybody...
In fact, when someone buy a new M210 & M210 and see this thread, he prefers wait the next firmware and then he looses his first: 15 days wararnty (If you send back your UAV in the first 15 days, you can ask to be refund or replace)

Anyway, they say new firmware is going very soon there are more than 10 days ago (for M210), that's very very long. And this one is still not released...
On this forum any modo helps people: not technical argues, not helps, lies,
They always ask to send LOG but that's all. you never know what s happen after?! because nothing happens... they just are loosing our time.
It 's better for them ($$$) if we don't send our UAV to Repair Center Service at the same time.
I get my M210 for 4 months ago, and it never works because of GPS/Compas critical issues.
While I was "waiting firmware fix" they release 2  new drones (with the one the 28th March), Chinese holidays for 3 weeks... and we're still waiting something that ll never happen...

Conclusion:
* M210 gps / compas issue
* Z30 has this frame issue
* Cendence blcoked: I can't calibrate it and use dials & levers & use ISO, ... features
* My CS ultra has high risky to burn one day during a mission because I bought it few months ago and they stop this production and began a new one after fixing this issue....
* X4S can't be used for photogrammetry / mapping on dual mount because foot appears on picture.... (well done DJI......)
* DJI Pilote doesn't work for automatic missions : from november 2017  it's written: "it's coming soon"

But it could had been worse: I could have the M210 RTK version, and bought an XT....

Now I've sent my M210 to DJI Repair Center, but I don't even know how long time I need to wait,and  if it will be really repaired, ....
All my battery are waiting (and are dying) for months without be used, because UAV is being repaired ..... and can't be safetely stored because the M210 charger can't discharge (as P4P charger does)

But I'm happy because Modo undestand my "frustration ..."
2018-3-25
Use props
bcjarrett
lvl.2
United States

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-3-25 21:40
In my opinion, they always say: "it ll be optimized in the next firmware" but nothing has changed for anybody...
In fact, when someone buy a new M210 & M210 and see this thread, he prefers wait the next firmware and then he looses his first: 15 days wararnty (If you send back your UAV in the first 15 days, you can ask to be refund or replace)

We bought the RTK and an XT
Had to buy an Inspire 1 just to use the XT.
2018-3-26
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

bcjarrett Posted at 2018-3-26 07:11
We bought the RTK and an XT
Had to buy an Inspire 1 just to use the XT.

I am also happy that i kept my Inspire 1. Same reason ...
2018-3-26
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Keule Posted at 2018-3-26 08:13

I should have bought Inspire 1 instead of M210.... =/ =/
2018-3-27
Use props
Eurokyngas
lvl.2
Estonia

Why i get compass error if i take off the additional GPS what should be used only when used upwards gimbal. If i take it off and disconnect cable etc then going to fly i get compass error. Is there in-app way to enable GPS thats inside
2018-3-29
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Keule Posted at 2018-3-26 08:13

Keule,
You seem to be the only one on this thread who doesn't have GPS/Compas issue.
Could you confirm that ?
2018-3-29
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-3-29 14:10
Keule,
You seem to be the only one on this thread who doesn't have GPS/Compas issue.
Could you confirm that ?

Yes, confirm - i did not experience a GPS/compass issue with my M200.
2018-3-29
Use props
Biggles846
lvl.2
Flight distance : 451047 ft

Flew M200 for the first time on 23 Mar 2018 after taking delivery from vendor on 15th Mar. Firmware was updated on delivery date to V01.01.0600.  TB55 batteries (fully charged for intial flight) installed, and X5S camera fitted.  Shortly after T/O compass error flagged with automatic switch to ATTI.  Similar results with ensuing flights although second flight with altitude kept no higher that about 20m the compass error didn't appear as quick. Flight logs show lots of "YAW Errors".  It appears to me that the magnetic anomalies may be self generated and appear to coincide with increased power demands, which would of course mean increased current flow to the motors.  Like others I consider this situation to be completely unsatisfactory, in fact you could say 'dangerous'.  Fortunately I was 'on the ball' when this first occurred and above the height of surrounding obstacles.  However, had I been carrying out an inspection the situation could have been a whole lot worse! I have not yet uploaded any dat files but am happy to do so if requested.
2018-3-30
Use props
Robert M Serino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2324268 ft

United States

Keule Posted at 2018-3-29 20:29
Yes, confirm - i did not experience a GPS/compass issue with my M200.

Same here.  No noticeable issues to report with my M200 after dozens of flights.  With 650 UAV take-offs (and landings) to date flying three different aircraft, maybe my experience is insufficient to notice or I just have a great DJI dealer.
2018-3-30
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Biggles846 Posted at 2018-3-30 04:02
Flew M200 for the first time on 23 Mar 2018 after taking delivery from vendor on 15th Mar. Firmware was updated on delivery date to V01.01.0600.  TB55 batteries (fully charged for intial flight) installed, and X5S camera fitted.  Shortly after T/O compass error flagged with automatic switch to ATTI.  Similar results with ensuing flights although second flight with altitude kept no higher that about 20m the compass error didn't appear as quick. Flight logs show lots of "YAW Errors".  It appears to me that the magnetic anomalies may be self generated and appear to coincide with increased power demands, which would of course mean increased current flow to the motors.  Like others I consider this situation to be completely unsatisfactory, in fact you could say 'dangerous'.  Fortunately I was 'on the ball' when this first occurred and above the height of surrounding obstacles.  However, had I been carrying out an inspection the situation could have been a whole lot worse! I have not yet uploaded any dat files but am happy to do so if requested.

@keule & Rob: thanks for sharing your experiences, it gives hope !! my UAV is at the moment in DJI repair Center, and hope they ll fix my UAV gps/compas issue... but not sure at all...
@Biggles846: sometimes GPS doesn't work until you land .... my first land during my first flight with my M210 was in ATTI because of GPS issue !!

As you said, when you increased power it appears, but also when using TB55, or dual gimbal, or when the wind is stronger, but also sometime for takeoff.

I've also noticed it appears easly in ATTI mod, because you can increase power more than in GPS mod.
2018-3-30
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Yes, we have checked the log and the good news is the new firmware of M210 will be released very soon, please wait a few days for the new one.Thank you.

Mindy, The 16/03/18 you told us about the new firmware ... to wait a few days for the new one
Still nothing today?
18 persons only on this thread get this major issue...
DJI SUPPORT ?!!!!!
2018-3-30
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-3-30 13:02
The 16/03/18 you told us about the new firmware ... to wait a few days for the new one
Still nothing today?
18 persons only on this thread get this major issue...

i called dji enterprise support today, they said that i have the option of sending in my m210 for repair... i guess i should do that before weather gets nice here in ontario. yoyoman, how long to get a repair? and did it fix issues?
i was recommended to do (another one) crystal sky factory reset, then dji assistant firmware refresh, etc. doing it now...
2018-3-30
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

kozlio# Posted at 2018-3-30 14:35
i called dji enterprise support today, they said that i have the option of sending in my m210 for repair... i guess i should do that before weather gets nice here in ontario. yoyoman, how long to get a repair? and did it fix issues?
i was recommended to do (another one) crystal sky factory reset, then dji assistant firmware refresh, etc. doing it now...

I've sent my to ma dealer. then he sent my M210 with Cendence (no battery, no payload, no accessoires) to DJI last week. 2days ago, he told me than DJI've reconized the issue and approuval for garanty repair, next step: repair .... So ... I'm waiting now I don't know still how long to get repair.. not sure my issue ll be fixed =/
2018-3-30
Use props
kozlio#
lvl.4
Canada

Biggles846 Posted at 2018-3-30 04:02
Flew M200 for the first time on 23 Mar 2018 after taking delivery from vendor on 15th Mar. Firmware was updated on delivery date to V01.01.0600.  TB55 batteries (fully charged for intial flight) installed, and X5S camera fitted.  Shortly after T/O compass error flagged with automatic switch to ATTI.  Similar results with ensuing flights although second flight with altitude kept no higher that about 20m the compass error didn't appear as quick. Flight logs show lots of "YAW Errors".  It appears to me that the magnetic anomalies may be self generated and appear to coincide with increased power demands, which would of course mean increased current flow to the motors.  Like others I consider this situation to be completely unsatisfactory, in fact you could say 'dangerous'.  Fortunately I was 'on the ball' when this first occurred and above the height of surrounding obstacles.  However, had I been carrying out an inspection the situation could have been a whole lot worse! I have not yet uploaded any dat files but am happy to do so if requested.

i have had the compass issue, gps signal loss, green video feed and disconnected aircraft msg while on the ground, not flying in air so no major current draw from batteries. but yeah, most of my issues are while flying near a wind turbine (the very scenario they advertise on their promo m210/z30 video https://www.djivideos.com/video_ ... 67e1a61d0.png@!1200)

i reported it to DJI enterprise, they suggested i mail by uav for repair. i also followed every other bit of recommendation they had (factory data reset, firmware refresh via assistant 2, app updates with .apk, etc.) had done that previously and still had the issue
2018-3-31
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

kozlio# Posted at 2018-3-31 08:16
i have had the compass issue, gps signal loss, green video feed and disconnected aircraft msg while on the ground, not flying in air so no major current draw from batteries. but yeah, most of my issues are while flying near a wind turbine (the very scenario they advertise on their promo m210/z30 video https://www.djivideos.com/video_play/85670311-d58a-4260-8c89-4e04b98bf112?autoplay=1&poster=https://cdn-usa.skypixel.com/uploads/usa_files/video/image/c74365fd-f76b-4fcf-bccd-f8867e1a61d0.png@!1200)

i reported it to DJI enterprise, they suggested i mail by uav for repair. i also followed every other bit of recommendation they had (factory data reset, firmware refresh via assistant 2, app updates with .apk, etc.) had done that previously and still had the issue

I would advice you to send it to DJI Repair Center as soon as possible
I bought my M210 around November.... never works, I waited for 4month before I decide to send it to DJI Repair Center, because of Mindy promised us that a next Firmware upgrade will fix the issue.
I waited for 2 Firmware upgrade but nothing had changed.
I'm also decided to wait because I read some cases where DJI didn't repair well the M200 serie and send it back to the customer 1-2 times....

I can't wait to get my new M210 and hope it will work... =/ =/
5 month without the possibilty to work/use safely your new Brand UAV is very long, and difficult for many compagnies !!! For DJI, waiting is normal and they don't care our business. that's why called they support: Pro System or Entreprise Solution is a big joke.
2018-3-31
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-3-31 10:13
I would advice you to send it to DJI Repair Center as soon as possible
I bought my M210 around November.... never works, I waited for 4month before I decide to send it to DJI Repair Center, because of Mindy promised us that a next Firmware upgrade will fix the issue.
I waited for 2 Firmware upgrade but nothing had changed.

and exemple of DJI support on this thread look page 1 the 16/03/18, DJI Mindy told us about the new firmware ... to wait a few days for the new one
We lost 15days and still nothing. That's a lie, and we still loose days....

another exemple: https://forum.dji.com/thread-128600-1-1.html
About Cendence firmware, they made an Official Announce, and told us to wait few days for the next firmware..... it was 08/01/18 , they are almost 3month ago....
2018-3-31
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

in this thread 18 persons who spent maybe 15k$ Each (minimum).

15*18 = 270 000$

We spent 270 000$ and all of us are grounded or fly with dangerous UAV (for human/material)... that's a very very sad situation.. Some of us had crashed their M200 series... when this issue appears the first time..........
I can't understand why don't they ask all of us to return and fix our issue...
2018-3-31
Use props
Eurokyngas
lvl.2
Estonia

I am facing now problem with gps/compass. I have used addition gps thats mounted to the top since bought it. Now i decides to use only internal gps. Im not using upwards gimbal. Mount is not even connected. I have read that is additional and must used only with upper gimbal. I decided to remove it and disconnect cable from pins. Now if i try to make flight only internal gps i get compass error in 10/15m or even less. Updates are latest, recalibrated etc.. green ready to go text appears and so on. Tries with and without z30 and xt still nothing. Also sometimes fpv camera wont show. App shows me pop up window of fpv but no picture feed in it. Its transparent. With dji go mobile app it worked. Now with cendence and csky not...pointless device and so so so so bugged product ever releases so far for me...could buy another brand drone next time
2018-4-5
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Eurokyngas Posted at 2018-4-5 04:00
I am facing now problem with gps/compass. I have used addition gps thats mounted to the top since bought it. Now i decides to use only internal gps. Im not using upwards gimbal. Mount is not even connected. I have read that is additional and must used only with upper gimbal. I decided to remove it and disconnect cable from pins. Now if i try to make flight only internal gps i get compass error in 10/15m or even less. Updates are latest, recalibrated etc.. green ready to go text appears and so on. Tries with and without z30 and xt still nothing. Also sometimes fpv camera wont show. App shows me pop up window of fpv but no picture feed in it. Its transparent. With dji go mobile app it worked. Now with cendence and csky not...pointless device and so so so so bugged product ever releases so far for me...could buy another brand drone next time

The good point is that your test shows that using the upper GPS kit can resolve the issue.
My M210 is still at DJI Repair Center (from 22March). Can't wait to know if DJI get enought skill to repair my UAV or if they ll sent my a falty M210 again?!
2018-4-5
Use props
Biggles846
lvl.2
Flight distance : 451047 ft
United Kingdom

Follow up from my previous. Appears that M200 flies ok with TB50 batteries so using TB55 would seem to be root cause. Now, whether it's a fundamental battery issue, or additional weight causing (I'm guessing) rear motors having to work harder to compensate (thus increased current draw) is for DJI to investigate?
2018-4-6
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Yes, we have checked the log and the good news is the new firmware of M210 will be released very soon, please wait a few days for the new one.Thank you.

Hi Mindy,

On your post #40 you said: the new firmware of M210 will be released very soon, please wait few days for the new one.

So we've waited and almost one month later (your msg was from 16/03  and we are the 09/04) there is still nothing?

Also, on this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D464%26typeid%3D464 you said the samething :  new Cendence Firmware is coming very soon... there are 3 months ago...and still nothing.

Any news?
2018-4-9
Use props
upperview_productions
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12173701 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi Mindy, still no news for the firmware ?

I have tons of compass error with my m210 as well ..
2018-4-10
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

20x >15k$ customers are grounded, and no one from DJI takes care about our case.... even if M210 can crash and can damage and kill someone... even worse, you made fake annoucements, lies, ... that's so crazy ! our money is grounded because we can't use M200/M210 solution because it doesn't work.
What do we have to conclue ? In my country we call that a scam.
2018-4-11
Use props
Orsi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29541 ft
Brazil

Hello Mindy! Any news about new firmware version?
2018-4-11
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules