1680 3 2018-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kiffkool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812808 ft
United Kingdom

Guy's,

I have a most likely irrational fear of allowing an app to take over flight control for say mapping etc an area as many of you may have done already. What advice can you give in making a choice of which app to use ? I mainly use an iphone 6 with the inspire but also have a samsung tab pro so ios or android would be fine. Another consideration would be flight logs, i assume that none store any logs that could be synced with an airdata account? Being able to create missions in office before departing to site would also be beneficial for areas with no cell coverage.

regards,
Chris.

2018-2-19
Use props
DroneMapper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6880 ft
United States

Hello,
I would highly recommend Map Pilot for iOS and/or DJI GS Pro ... we've had great luck executing "off-grid" missions with both of these apps.

Thanks,
DroneMapper

https://dronemapper.com
2018-2-19
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I recommend also Map Pilot, which has the ability to sync to an Airdata account.
In addition there are Drone Deploy as well as Autopilot. All of those apps can sync the flight logs to Airdata.
It's an advantage if you have a tablet and not only a phone. It's easier to plan your missions in the office on the tablet and in the field you just connect your aircraft and start your flight.

Regards,
// K.
2018-2-19
Use props
Kiffkool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 812808 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks guys
2018-2-20
Use props
Advanced