setp 2 compass calibration always get error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_21Oj4IZ5jFRm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5354 ft
Brazil

Hi there,
I bought my P4A dv a few days ago, i did all updates that prompted and when I try to calibrate the compass i get error message on step 2 "strong interference.." even when i try in grass field or beach.
I made a magnetc test by passing a computer magnet in the "legs" and all got high values.

Does anyone get a similar problem or can help me? thnks
2018-2-19
Use props
T-rexx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85344 ft
Netherlands

I also Have this damn problem with the magic air. Every time I want to fly I get a calibration error. When I want tot calibrate it don’t work. Sometimes it will calibrate after 5 till 10 times trying. On this moment I want to give the drone a big swing in the trash. My friend with also a mavic doesn’t have this problem.
2018-2-19
Use props
leonardomartyres
lvl.1
Brazil

T-rexx Posted at 2018-2-19 06:59
I also Have this damn problem with the magic air. Every time I want to fly I get a calibration error. When I want tot calibrate it don’t work. Sometimes it will calibrate after 5 till 10 times trying. On this moment I want to give the drone a big swing in the trash. My friend with also a mavic doesn’t have this problem.

T-rexx thank you to replay, i hope that could be fixed with a firmware update, i´ll try few more times until 10 times and see what happens next. My fear is to lose my P4 'couse while flying appers message to compass error need to be calibrated.
2018-2-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, the issue only appeared after the firmware update, right? Have you tried to refresh the current firmware? Any difference? If no luck, I'm afraid that you may have to send it in: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

1.  Under normal circumstances you should never have to calibrate the compass.
2.  If you need to calibrate the compass but it just won't work, it could be that there is a problem preventing it from calibrating.
Go to the Sensors section of the app settings and see what is showing for the compasses.
If there is a hardware problem it will tell you.
2018-2-22
Use props
Martyres
lvl.1
Brazil

Labroides Posted at 2018-2-22 02:31
1.  Under normal circumstances you should never have to calibrate the compass.
2.  If you need to calibrate the compass but it just won't work, it could be that there is a problem preventing it from calibrating.
Go to the Sensors section of the app settings and see what is showing for the compasses.

HI labroides, thank you to reply, i just try to calibrate by app show me to do it, and when i did the step 1 go fine and when go to the stp2 made my try again all the time i did it...

But i don't know how, some times its ok and i take off, while i´m flying app show me  "compass error, need calibrate"...

by the way,  yesterday i tried again and when on step 2 a i heard like scratch something.
2018-2-22
Use props
Martyres
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-22 01:35
Just to verify, the issue only appeared after the firmware update, right? Have you tried to refresh the current firmware? Any difference? If no luck, I'm afraid that you may have to send it in: https://www.dji.com/support

Hi Susan, thank you to reply, i guess it could be after the firmware update, 'couse i bought it a few days ago and prompted to me to do the firmware updates in the first time i runned dji go 4...

I readed to try a downgrade but the DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.0 don´t show that option for me.

If i could, i really want to try downgrade the firmware or a betafirmware before send it....

I tried yesterday to calibrate and in step 2 i heared a scratch/buzz sound...

Additional information, Apparently it hasn´t anything about disconnected or other hardware  messages.
2018-2-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Martyres Posted at 2018-2-22 03:56
HI labroides, thank you to reply, i just try to calibrate by app show me to do it, and when i did the step 1 go fine and when go to the stp2 made my try again all the time i did it...

But i don't know how, some times its ok and i take off, while i´m flying app show me  "compass error, need calibrate"...

There should be no need to recalibrate the compass.
Firmware updates shouldn't affect the compass either.
If you think the Phantom is telling you to recalibrate, try moving away from the steel that is upsetting the compass (reinforced concrete is a common cause).
That's usually all that's needed.
2018-2-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Martyres Posted at 2018-2-22 04:05
Hi Susan, thank you to reply, i guess it could be after the firmware update, 'couse i bought it a few days ago and prompted to me to do the firmware updates in the first time i runned dji go 4...

I readed to try a downgrade but the DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.0 don´t show that option for me.

Thanks for the clarification. As Labroides mentioned, the firmware update will not affect the compass. The beta of P4A only fix the gimbal issue, please leave your DJI Account here if you'd like to have a try. Thanks!
2018-2-28
Use props
Martyres
lvl.1
Brazil

hi Susan, I made a few more tries confused the labroids said, but unfortunately to no avail, I even made a recording of the screen and realized that pointing the nose to the north the compass becomes normal, taking out I have to calibrate. As you can see here HTTPS://youtu.be/S_FKU0xnb8E, also i recorded my attemps https://youtu.be/_U21ncvxG9w. If i could i would like to try a downgrade and the Beta please. Muito accont leonardo.martyres@gmail.com.

Thanks a lot
2018-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules