Propeller fell off
6364 30 2018-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pepperell FF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180886 ft
United States

I had a prop fall off this weekend mid-flight. I flew at 2-3 feet for about 20 seconds, then went to about 60 feet no problem. When I started to fly away heard a squeal and the drone fell to the ground. Found the prop about 30 feet from the final resting place. Bird is in ok shape have a crack under a motor. The motor that lost the prop has a slight grind to it when I try to spin it. Sending it to dji because I think it may be covered by warranty (fingers crossed). Has anyone had a similar problem?
2018-2-19
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 657382 ft
United Kingdom

one of the local guys had the prop centre mount come off in
flight luckily the prop held on still locked on the motor but
still a brown trouser moment when he spotted it Pepperell FF
2018-2-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Never lost a prop - that must have been a scary moment. Hope you get the repair back soon.
2018-2-19
Use props
Thermographer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1417362 ft
United States

Did you tighten the prop prior to flight or just spin it on?
2018-2-19
Use props
Pepperell FF
lvl.2
United States

Yes they were all tight.
2018-2-19
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

I have not experienced a prop fall off, but I have heard of abrupt maneuvers causing the props to loosen (because of the braking action)..  
2018-2-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we will conduct the data analysis if the drone is in warranty period. Could you tell us your case number? I'd like to check the current status and follow up.
2018-2-20
Use props
Pepperell FF
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-20 03:38
Hi there, we will conduct the data analysis if the drone is in warranty period. Could you tell us your case number? I'd like to check the current status and follow up.

I sent a private message
2018-2-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sorry to hear of a drone prop being lost in flight. That's a drag.
Lucky it wasn't damaged too badly, but DJI will fix you up.

Besides the motor replacement, they will also likely exchange the cracked outer shell as well. So that's a good thing.  

Record your drones serial number. See if your drone comes back, or perhaps they will ship you, a brand new one.

RedHotPoker
2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the late response due to the holiday. I've received the message in PM, thanks! The local team will take care and return all accessories as well.
2018-2-27
Use props
Pepperell FF
lvl.2
United States

DJI determined that it was a Prop failure and covered my repair under warranty!!! My Bird will be flying again soon. The over all process was great and DJI was great to work with.
2018-3-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Pepperell FF Posted at 2018-3-2 07:27
DJI determined that it was a Prop failure and covered my repair under warranty!!! My Bird will be flying again soon. The over all process was great and DJI was great to work with.

That's welcomed and refreshing great news.

Thanks for reporting back. You must be elated...

RedHotPoker
2018-3-2
Use props
ghutch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 187375 ft
United States

Very good news...
2018-3-2
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Yeah, thanks for the positive news you added above.  We see so much complaints about DJI service, it's nice to see an upbeat report.
2018-3-2
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

awesome News glad your getting it fixed up. never had a prop come off or even loose but its something I worry about every time I put my drone in the air. Unfortunately you never know when these things will fail if there are no obvious signs of a problem. Happy Flying
2018-3-11
Use props
Loki007420
lvl.3
Flight distance : 128832 ft
United States

man sucks you're bird fell.  But awesome you're experience with dji is going well!!  Hopefully you will be flying soon
2018-3-11
Use props
flyhigh69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75079 ft

United States

No, I have not had any problems with props falling off. I did crash into a tree though, and broke a prop and ruined the ECS.                                                                                       Very exspensive lesson. But make sure you tighten the props before each flight. Its amazing after the crash the ECS's didnt get damaged. because once a prop insnt able to turn with power to it , it burns up the ECS .....Lucky.

2018-3-11
Use props
djiuser_iGJqCoTNTQSa
lvl.4
United States

If you overtighten the props, you damage the plastic threads and this becomes a problem.
2018-3-11
Use props
fansbf7eacf4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27310 ft

United States

Hello I had either an engine failure or a propeller fell off over the pacific I was going to do a film of our camper on the coast!  I have done many flights and never had any problems, I reset my sensors religiously, but the drone just fell out of the sky like a rock yesterday, and DJI support and refresh program says I need to send the flight log but I can’t find it in iTunes.  I didn’t sync it with the DJI Go 4  app in the cloud, but I don’t know how to get the single log up to dropbox or on to an email can anybody help me I’m on Mac computer and iPhone XS.  If someone from TGI support is here can they tell me why I have to send a single log if it’s already synced on the cloud and they see it there? The loss of this Spark is completely not my fault, the spark died mid flight, It’s never been crashed or had any incidents before I check the propellers? Hopefully the refresh program will hold up to its value, I’ll keep you posted as to what happens or whether refresh is worth buying.
2019-1-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Phantomhelp to the rescue!  Scroll down and follow the instructions to find your file.  

If you want, upload the file to the site and paste the link back here.  An experienced member or two or three will give you their assessment of what happened.  

Good luck

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

2019-1-9
Use props
fansbf7eacf4
lvl.1

United States

2019-1-9
Use props
fansbf7eacf4
lvl.1

United States

Here is flight where my motor failed or prop fell off!
2019-1-9
Use props
fansbf7eacf4
lvl.1

United States

wwwdropboxcom/s/hoxz2iv073ii2vm/DJIFlightRecord_2019-01-08_%5B10-39-03%5D.txt?dl=0

I don’t know how to share the flight log so someone who knows can tell me what the heck happened to my almost brand new spark!
4BDCEBD8-63C6-4D36-A3AC-08EC8056114D.png
2019-1-9
Use props
fansbf7eacf4
lvl.1

United States

I uploaded the file to the phantom log viewer and it appears that maybe just lost all power or something crashed in the spark because it doesn’t show any of the loss of elevation it just stopped dead at 19 or 20 miles an hour at 29 seconds, what do you guys Gals think.

Reg
2019-1-9
Use props
fansbf7eacf4
lvl.1

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-9 08:52
Phantomhelp to the rescue!  Scroll down and follow the instructions to find your file.  

If you want, upload the file to the site and paste the link back here.  An experienced member or two or three will give you their assessment of what happened.  
Thanks Mark I uploaded the flight log and looked at it and made a comment below have a look and see what you think, appears to me that the spark just died with 90% batteries 29 seconds into the flight , I have a feeling I hope refresh should replaced it for me it’s obviously nothing I did, thanks for your help with this debacle.
2019-1-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Hi - The best analysis can be made by posting the PhantomHelp link to this thread.  Please see post #20.  
2019-1-9
Use props
fansbf7eacf4
lvl.1

United States

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/9BUO642A4MOE5TN0QJBS/
2019-1-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Did you recover the AC?  IMO, it looks like the battery might have popped out or disengaged?  

Sorry for your loss.

Good luck with DJI.  

2019-1-10
Use props
fansbf7eacf4
lvl.1

United States

Hello, it was not far away my wife and I were watching it fly nothing like the battery falling off happened it just stopped flying dead as a rock!
2019-1-10
Use props
fansbf7eacf4
lvl.1

United States

Hello all members, I’m most impressed with the service from DJI it was a sad day when my Spark fell from the sky but the professional customer service I received was amazing, I have only had service like that from Apple computer.

In a very fast time frame the data analysis team deemed my loss of my spark as a warranty issue and are replacing my spark for me!

Happy New Years and happy flying! Will post when my new bird arrives. I would recommend DJI to anyone who is looking for a good quality drone as well as good solid company! DJI rocks!
2019-1-11
Use props
fansbf7eacf4
lvl.1

United States

Hello all members, I’m most impressed with the service from DJI it was a sad day when my Spark fell from the sky but the professional customer service I received was amazing, I have only had service like that from Apple computer.

In a very fast time frame the data analysis team deemed my loss of my spark as a warranty issue and are replacing my spark for me!

Happy New Years and happy flying! Will post when my new bird arrives. I would recommend DJI to anyone who is looking for a good quality drone as well as good solid company! DJI rocks!
5FBDCA1E-5AF4-4F22-AC1F-124073C838C2.png
2019-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules