Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
That's why you don't fly your Mavic Air in the first day
3388 14 2018-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
the0bone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11896 ft
Germany

Now with english subtitles.

No just another unboxing. Also with some hints to don't forget to order (specially in Germany) your Nameplate, liability insurance and a Class10 U3 microSD card in parallel with the Mavic Air.
And that you finally need one hour to get it up in the air the first time. So don't be to euphoric when coming home after work and you have your delivery at home. Most likely you won't fly that evening.

2018-2-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So much to charge up, read and update - always best to get everything prepared and fly fresh the next day/weekend. Good vid
2018-2-19
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

And a lot of good YouTube videos to watch.
2018-2-19
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I got it delivered in the morning and spontaneously took the day off from work to have enough time for all the settting up. Still couldn't fly that day because of rain. But nevertheless it was a great day :-)
2018-2-19
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
Puerto Rico

Loved your video, Obone (your REAL nahme, right?), and my very old, faint German stood me in good stead, making it even more fun (lived their for some years a LONG time ago). Well done.

Lots of basic, useful and NECESSARY advice!
2018-2-19
Use props
the0bone
lvl.2
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-19 09:53
I got it delivered in the morning and spontaneously took the day off from work to have enough time for all the settting up. Still couldn't fly that day because of rain. But nevertheless it was a great day :-)

Thats the issue in Germany weather

But DHL did not know that it will come that day.
No scan in Midlands or where ever they import to EU. No Scan at Leipzig... Frist scan in the EU was at Schkeuditz (ok, nearby the airport but not the airport) and from there directly to me (200km)...
One day later they updated the scans on the tracking. Now it have been at all this "normal" places.

But I guess... I would not take a day off for it.
2018-2-19
Use props
the0bone
lvl.2
Germany

eddieNoob Posted at 2018-2-19 13:06
Loved your video, Obone (your REAL nahme, right?), and my very old, faint German stood me in good stead, making it even more fun (lived their for some years a LONG time ago). Well done.

Lots of basic, useful and NECESSARY advice!

Hopefully my english translation with the YT subtexts was not so bad.
2018-2-19
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nice video, useful and informative.

The best bit of advice I heard was the following:

Remember never fly until you hear "Your homepoint has been updated, please check it on the map" and verify it before taking to the air.
2018-2-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oh yes, just the same here.
2018-2-19
Use props
eddieNoob
lvl.4
United States

the0bone Posted at 2018-2-19 13:44
Hopefully my english translation with the YT subtexts was not so bad.

English subtitles very good indeed. What I enjoyed most were the German figures of speech that don't translate EXACTLY but are perfect as they are.   
2018-2-20
Use props
the0bone
lvl.2
Germany

eddieNoob Posted at 2018-2-20 08:04
English subtitles very good indeed. What I enjoyed most were the German figures of speech that don't translate EXACTLY but are perfect as they are.

Yeah. You must keep them short to be able to read but still interesting.
I would love that YouTube allow different audio streams. But this request is there from several YouTuber but YT don't listen.
2018-2-20
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the very sensible advice. Now, did I do exactly as you said, or...?
2018-3-10
Use props
jeskew82
lvl.1

Agreed! Just wished i would've followed this advice
2019-10-2
Use props
TaiTony
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148845 ft
Taiwan

Hi, I just got Magic Air couple day but my combo package does not have the piece that you put behind the gimbal, how is it? Want its it purpose. Thank for your reply.
2019-10-20
Use props
TaiTony
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148845 ft
Taiwan

Hi, I just got Magic Air couple day but my combo package does not have the piece that you put behind the gimbal, how is it? Want its it purpose. Thank for your reply.
2019-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules