Thing I should know before purchasing a second hand Sparks
1006 7 2018-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jose Jimenez
lvl.1
Nicaragua

Hi Guys

What is I should know before buying a second hand sparks? is there something like:
1.Check for the screws havent been unscrew to repair.
2. Check for any external damage to see if it has fall.

Or any similar tips or thing I should check before buying a second hand sparks.

thanks guys, I ppreciated it.
2018-2-19
Use props
Langner91
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3474 ft
United States

If I were buying one, I would ask to see a video from the unit flying.  In other words, take it outside, lift off and shoot a short video so that you can see it flies and it records video.  If it does those two things, it probably will work for you.  

I would not accept an old video.  I would want it to be from that day.
2018-2-19
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

Langner91 Posted at 2018-2-19 08:29
If I were buying one, I would ask to see a video from the unit flying.  In other words, take it outside, lift off and shoot a short video so that you can see it flies and it records video.  If it does those two things, it probably will work for you.  

I would not accept an old video.  I would want it to be from that day.

agreed - a demo flight would be mandatory - they could pilot it. i've also heard that the DJI account email the unit is associated with cannot be changed, but i have no corroboration on that - would research that further before making a purchase.
2018-2-19
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

Solestacz Posted at 2018-2-19 11:18
agreed - a demo flight would be mandatory - they could pilot it. i've also heard that the DJI account email the unit is associated with cannot be changed, but i have no corroboration on that - would research that further before making a purchase.

From my experience, the email seems to be linked to the software, not the hardware... meaning that if I login to MY phone and fly YOUR drone, DJI knows that it's me and not you.

I've flown a friend's mavic and everything is recorded as being me, not him.

Maybe someone has had a different experience?
2018-2-19
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

RobertWSimpson Posted at 2018-2-19 16:12
From my experience, the email seems to be linked to the software, not the hardware... meaning that if I login to MY phone and fly YOUR drone, DJI knows that it's me and not you.

I've flown a friend's mavic and everything is recorded as being me, not him.

you've got the advantage of the firsthand encounter there - i, otoh, tend to throw in things i have caught a whiff of by hanging around the forum here, and lord knows where it has been!
2018-2-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Check the footage also from SD card.
Video AND pictures
Make sure you are in good light conditions
Check gimbal movement etc
2018-2-20
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

The first think to know is whether you have the financial muscle to buy ta second hand spark becos you must be prepared to lose the invested amount !!  All other things will fall in its place.
2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Jose, I would recommend you ensure that warranty period and hope you can get a nice one. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules