Video and gimbal issues! please help!
905 12 2018-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skyler7381
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97316 ft
United States

Hi, I have had a DJI mavic pro platinum for three months now and it is having some issues. The gimbal will shake when it is on the ground stable with no wind and it will randomly shake in midflight resulting in unusable footage, this problem was not happening in the first couple months and has just begun within the last couple flights. I have tried calibrating the gimbal and it does not seem to help, during the calibration it moves in harsh ways (I will be posting videos of the calibration and the shakiness I am talking about). I have also had an issue on my most recent flight of lines appearing on the footage almost like I am seeing the rotors but it is over all of the footage not just the corners.
2018-2-19
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

show some video. upload a photo from gimbal
2018-2-19
Use props
Skyler7381
lvl.1
United States

integer Posted at 2018-2-19 12:28
show some video. upload a photo from gimbal

Yes, I will be uploading a video soon.
2018-2-19
Use props
Skyler7381
lvl.1
United States

Here is a link with a video showcasing the problems and a gimbal calibration. I have tried calibrating the IMU, Compass and the gimbal and it is up to date.

Video
2018-2-21
Use props
djiuser_bgPHqFVacCA3
lvl.1
United States

Hello Skyler,

I have done some research trying to help you

In this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-67995-1-1.html
A user reported that the rubber holding the gimbal had problems with it.  Please see below.

"...I've had it repeatedly as well.  Each time though my phone said a message about excessive gimbal vibrations.  Upon landing I would find the gimbal had popped out of its tabs.  Put it back in gently put it down again problem gone...."

Have you checked to make sure the rubber is in good condition?  You might have also experienced a harsh knock to the device that requires service.  Unfortunately service can take up to two months to get your device in and returned, and will likely cost you more money.

Finally, from the lines you are speaking of appearing in the video reinforce my idea that the unit is having problems.  Are there are error messages that appear for you?

Good luck mate.
2018-2-21
Use props
djiuser_bgPHqFVacCA3
lvl.1
United States

Please excuse the double post.

Oh, one more thing. Please try using a computer connected to the drone to attempt to recalibrate the gimbal using the DJI Assisstant 2 app.  Some users have reported success fixing the issue this way.
2018-2-21
Use props
Skyler7381
lvl.1
United States

I have looked at the rubber and its in great condition. One thing to note though is that when it's on the ground and its having that shaking effect the gimbal is not moving a mm, so im honestly confused as to whats causing it.
2018-2-21
Use props
Skyler7381
lvl.1
United States

Also I have had 0 errors.
2018-2-21
Use props
djiuser_bgPHqFVacCA3
lvl.1
United States

Alrighty.  Then the last thing to do before beginning a ticket to send your device in would be to re-calibrate the gimbal via pc.  Give this a try?
2018-2-21
Use props
Skyler7381
lvl.1
United States

Yeah ill give it a try and let you know
2018-2-21
Use props
djiuser_bgPHqFVacCA3
lvl.1
United States

Any luck with your computer based DJI Assistant 2 re-calibration?
2018-2-21
Use props
Skyler7381
lvl.1
United States

I haven't tried it yet, maybe someone tonight, maybe tomorrow
2018-2-21
Use props
Skyler7381
lvl.1
United States

*sometime*. I am downloading it right now although it is going to take a while for 117MB to download at a blazing 20kbps
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules