Sudden loss of Video quality Phantom 3 standard
1113 12 2018-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CFredericks
New
United States

Hello everyone, I recently picked up a P3Std and have taken it out on about four flights. My first two were perfect and free from any issues. However after reviewing my footage from my last flight I noticed that the file sizes were much smaller despite being shot in the highest settings. I am viewing the files on my computer through the SD card and the video quality has dropped so bad it resembles the cached footage from my phone. Has anyone ever had any issues with this?  I am using a class 10 128gb sandisk SD card.
2018-2-19
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

Are you sure you did not accidentally change the settings?  Given the smaller file sizes, it sounds like something got changed. There is a reset video settings button.
2018-2-19
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Use no larger than a 64gb card on the P3S
2018-2-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

As Alabama says, you should not be using a 128GB card, try a 64 or 32. But in any event, can you upload a file from the card to Dropbox so we can see the problem.
2018-2-19
Use props
CFredericks
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-2-19 14:07
As Alabama says, you should not be using a 128GB card, try a 64 or 32. But in any event, can you upload a file from the card to Dropbox so we can see the problem.

Unfortunately I erased the videos and today is a little too windy to take it out for a flight. I will post them as soon as possible, thank you for the replies. I have tried resetting the video settings and made sure it was on 2.7k. Perhaps it's an issue with the sd card.
2018-2-19
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-2-19 13:41
Use no larger than a 64gb card on the P3S

Nice catch, I missed that part in the original post..
2018-2-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

CFredericks Posted at 2018-2-19 14:16
Unfortunately I erased the videos and today is a little too windy to take it out for a flight. I will post them as soon as possible, thank you for the replies. I have tried resetting the video settings and made sure it was on 2.7k. Perhaps it's an issue with the sd card.

It will not be the SD card, it is a digital recording, it either records or it doesn't. The card cannot affect the quality of the recording.
2018-2-19
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-2-19 14:28
It will not be the SD card, it is a digital recording, it either records or it doesn't. The card cannot affect the quality of the recording.

Maybe, maybe not. I have used larger SD cards in devices that did not support them, and had weird things happen (i.e. files just disappear for no reason). It's not always "it works or it doesn't".
2018-2-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Texas-Mark Posted at 2018-2-19 14:51
Maybe, maybe not. I have used larger SD cards in devices that did not support them, and had weird things happen (i.e. files just disappear for no reason). It's not always "it works or it doesn't".

I guess it depends what me meant, but the quality of the image is not affected by the SD card. The card may or may not record, but being a digital recording, the card usually writes or doesn't.
2018-2-19
Use props
sidtx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266729 ft
United States

Check your manual.    I think the P3S can only support up to a 32GB SD Card.

Sid
2018-2-19
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
United States

Manual says: "Micro SD, Max Capacity 64GB. Class 6 or higher"
2018-2-19
Use props
CFredericks
New
United States

Texas-Mark Posted at 2018-2-19 16:28
Manual says: "Micro SD, Max Capacity 64GB. Class 6 or higher"

I was able to capture video on the 128gb sd card. However, after putting in my new SD card (64gb class 10) the video does seem to be a lot better. I don't know why that would be though. One thing I did notice is that when I tried to capture photos in HDR mode they would corrupt. Could have just been a bad SD card. Not sure however.
2018-2-19
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The cam of the P3S can address a work space on the card up to 64 GB  that means  the address bus of the cam is limited to 36 bit.
2018-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules