Phantom 3 New Pilot Worried about Jello
10182 54 2015-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-4 05:46
I did not see much jello in the first video, mostly compression artifacts from YouTube.  The second ...

There's obviously a "jello" effect in the first, and still some (albeit less) in the second. Just compare it to the video bryson79 posted above. His is dead smooth, and tonyatmatc's is clearly not.

tonyatmatc, I would get in touch with support, I think there's something wrong there. Whatever you did helped, but there is still some jello effect I'm afraid. You deserve to have a high quality product when you spend this much money, your patience and perseverance will pay off in the end.
2015-5-16
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

It has been noted that when flown in windy conditions the camera is fairly large and can be effected by the wind hitting it when flown especially when the wind is coming diagonally from the side and the P3 is flying fast forward.
2015-5-17
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

tonyatmatc Posted at 2015-5-4 03:08
With Jello
https://youtu.be/pLv4tVBHH2M

Did you try the other propellars that came with your Phantom 3?

I would suspect unbalanced props to be the main cause of your problem.

Doing 60FPS video should help. So would adding an ND-filter.

However, it could never hurt to try to fix some of the root cause - which is likely to be unbalanced props.

Generally the DJI props work great and a nicely balanced. But there is bound to be a bit of variation.
Good luck

-
Buy your DJI-gear, batteries, cases by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-17
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the exact same issue with jello be it in wind or not. Most jello happens to me when going up or when the ESC braking kicks in ( stopping ). I have tried everything I can to a degree. Lots say unbalanced props and others say never needed to. Point it, these are marketed as RTF devices and out of the box should not need the user to purchase a balancing rod, balance device, sello tape/sand paper.

I have also had the thing go nuts bouncing up and down as soon as the props come on, but I'm sure that's just another unrelated issue.

I am still waiting for even a reply from DJI about my issue ( excluding automated email ). I am a long time P3 with Gopro user and never had issues and ordered the P3 two days after launch. As yet all my flying three flights have been S*it "test" flights to try and resolve the issue.

I truly hope I get some reply on Monday to send it back as I'm close to just getting a full refund and waiting for v2.

For reference here is video from my P3.

2015-5-17
Use props
Peo
First Officer
Flight distance : 25409793 ft
Sweden

sploodge@sky.co Posted at 2015-5-18 01:17
I have the exact same issue with jello be it in wind or not. Most jello happens to me when going up  ...

Try this.
I solved the jello effect by changing to the same vibration rubber on the Phantom 2, they are stiffer and instead of the plastic pinns, I have tied with dental floss. Perfect.

2015-5-17
Use props
ianbradbury34
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218435 ft
Malta

LaurenSRQ Posted at 2015-5-14 02:42
I am also seeing the "jello" effect in every single video I have shot since taking my P3 out of the  ...

I had exactly the same.  The culprit in my case was the white foam attached to the gimbal.  Very easy to miss when unpacking...and no 'Remove before flight' sticker.

This post
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 6&fromuid=37793
shows what you have to remove.
2015-5-17
Use props
torpedo609
lvl.1
Flight distance : 780591 ft
United States

I've read all these posts above. I have a bunch of quad experience. My QAV 500 has no jello at all . I've also had a couple of F550's and always chased jello problems with prop balance. I don't have a rod for my Dubro yet, but exactly the same with the different props. I have a few videos and they are all the same .  I have taken out the foam, and have done all calibrations , IMU and camera . Changed to the other set of props and it's exactly the same .. I'm thinking I might have an out of balance  motor ???

2015-5-18
Use props
torpedo609
lvl.1
Flight distance : 780591 ft
United States

sploodge@sky.co Posted at 2015-5-18 01:17
I have the exact same issue with jello be it in wind or not. Most jello happens to me when going up  ...

I here ya. I love the app and light-bridge. I wish I could just buy that (afford-ably) for my QAV 500 V2 . This Phantom that I've been waiting for is very disappointing to me . I see a lot of great video out there from them but not my unit, and not yours for sure. I guess I'll order a threaded rod for my Du-Bro. I just was hoping not to have to mess with it straight out of the box.  
2015-5-18
Use props
lrich00
lvl.2

United States

I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I have the exact same issue with my P3.  Seeing this is my first Phantom, I thought maybe this was normal.   I've removed the foam, recalibrate everything, played with camera settings and still the same.  Not sure what else to try.  This shaky video is not normal or supposed to happen right?  

2015-5-19
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

The Rolling shutter effect is because of the vibrations, wind and the gimbal itself. Not every Gimbal is the same and not every motor and not every bearing is the same. Some will have more jello and some less. The white dampeners are already super soft, comparable to the black H3-3D dampeners. Those dampeners absorb the vibrations really good but the downside is the whole gimbal can wiggle and that leads to vibrations as well. You can attach an ND filter to "hide" the vibrations or you can eliminate the vibrations at the root which is the motor, bearings, props or you can try to play with the rubber dampeners but its definately not easy because the Phantom2 is so small and stiff. With the P2 i had the best results with aftermarket balanced props, black dampeners with earplugs in it, ND8 Filter, Atti Mode and no wind at all.
2015-5-19
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 518455 ft
  • >>>
United States

LaurenSRQ Posted at 2015-5-13 14:42
I am also seeing the "jello" effect in every single video I have shot since taking my P3 out of the  ...

So what did you do? Mine is like this right out of the box as well.
2016-5-1
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

lrich00 Posted at 2015-5-19 12:53
I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I have the exact same issue with my P3.  Seeing this is my first Pha ...

Ditto Irich00

This is extremely disappointing. Now I have to go pay $60 for stuff to balance the props? And I don't even know if that will fix it?
2016-5-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

quint7 Posted at 2016-5-2 09:28
Ditto Irich00

This is extremely disappointing. Now I have to go pay $60 for stuff to balance the ...

You do realise you are replying to a post that is nearly 12 months old? The person you are replying to has most likely left this forum and will never see your post. If you have an issue, then start a new post rather than trying to revive the dead.
2016-5-1
Use props
quint7
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-5-1 20:00
You do realise you are replying to a post that is nearly 12 months old? The person you are replyin ...

I know how message boards work.  Thanks. I also started a new post yesterday, but no response. I was just looking for some context.
2016-5-1
Use props
For 91 Days Tra
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152234 ft
Canada

Any solution yet... I'm having a similar problem with my phantom standard 3...  you can especially see it minute 0:36... watch it in full screen and in HD.

2016-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules