Photos are noisy (ISO 100)
3144 13 2018-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kizilok
lvl.2
Turkey

I used spark and after i decided to by air. And i bought. I took some pictures and video and i see there is noise so much. In spite of ISO 100 there are so much noise . Why. I dissapointed
This photo has taken daylight and iso 100

ISO 100

ISO 100
2018-2-19
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm having the same problem too; very grainy photos even in daylight at ISO 100
2018-2-19
Use props
kizilok
lvl.2
Turkey

I  havent had this problem with spark. I am reaaly dissapointed
2018-2-19
Use props
Berg I Imagery
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70577 ft
United States

Can you provide a bit more information....  

1.)  Are these RAW (.dng) or JPEG files?
2.)  Were these downloaded directly from the SD card, or were they photos sent to your phone during the flight?

I'm thinking perhaps the Spark has more aggressive noise reduction applied to it's JPEG only photos, which may be one reason why you didn't notice this previously.
2018-2-19
Use props
kizilok
lvl.2
Turkey

Hi thank you for your reply.

Jpeg file and from sd card.  Not only photo but also for videos are same.  Daylight and iso 100  . Very interesting for noises.  If i took photo at low light i can understand. this situation is inexplicable.
2018-2-19
Use props
kizilok
lvl.2
Turkey

I tried ıso 100   and  0,-3,0   and raw format

result:

2018-2-20
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221476 ft
United Kingdom

They're all slightly under exposed, use the histogram and expose further to the right and you'll get better results. It still won't be perfect but it'll improve. With such a small sensor it's always gonna be a battle to nail the exposure. Also on a computer monitor you're gonna notice the noise a lot more, don't worry about it too much as generally people won't notice it and certainly your friends etc won't care when you show them your footage.
2018-2-20
Use props
kizilok
lvl.2
Turkey

ıso 100   and  0,-3,0   and raw format

result:

2018-2-20
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

I did compare Air/Spark on a sunny last weekend and honestly photos were not so bad on both. when both set to auto, Spark got colors closer to real. also a little more sharper detalis. Air did give me little overexposure on white details, and image feels slightly softer.

maybe on weekend I'll have more time to compare photos, or edit more video material I got from them
2018-2-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think you have to try some of the various style settings (with the 3 numbers).
I had to tweak that with my Mavic Pro too.
And possibly DJI will need to tweak their processing also.
2018-2-20
Use props
kizilok
lvl.2
Turkey

We have to took photo as dng format. Otherwise jpeg photos are very very very bad
2018-2-20
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Netherlands

I think there is something wrong with the ISO in the air. Today i made a photo that says ISO-100 in the meta data but it is VERY VERY VERY noisy. There is only noise in some area's. The shutter speed is also way to fast for the amount of light (should be around 1/30th max but the meta data said 1/600th. I guess it was ISO 2000+ really, and that makes sense with the noise.

So auto mode does something wrong and the iso reported in the files is wrong. I will try manual settings later, to dark now.

Maybe the system that tries the iso low also sees 100 iso and does not reduce the shutter speed?
2018-2-21
Use props
0Kajuna0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

KREMi Posted at 2018-2-20 09:40
I did compare Air/Spark on a sunny last weekend and honestly photos were not so bad on both. when both set to auto, Spark got colors closer to real. also a little more sharper detalis. Air did give me little overexposure on white details, and image feels slightly softer.
spark vs Air short photo comparsion
maybe on weekend I'll have more time to compare photos, or edit more video material I got from them

The Mavic looks better. The Spark images are digitally oversharpened and have moiré.
2018-2-21
Use props
kizilok
lvl.2
Turkey

Tadango Posted at 2018-2-21 09:18
I think there is something wrong with the ISO in the air. Today i made a photo that says ISO-100 in the meta data but it is VERY VERY VERY noisy. There is only noise in some area's. The shutter speed is also way to fast for the amount of light (should be around 1/30th max but the meta data said 1/600th. I guess it was ISO 2000+ really, and that makes sense with the noise.

So auto mode does something wrong and the iso reported in the files is wrong. I will try manual settings later, to dark now.

I agree with you.  There is something wrong.   jpeg format is terrible, so much noises.  I hope it will be ok next upgrades.  
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules