AN OFFICIAL DJI STATMENT ON THE P3 and iOS
7307 64 2015-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

PLEASE stop whining and buy an inexpensive Android device to use while you wait for the iOS app! You can get decent ones for between $30 and $50 from any major department store. If you are going to whine here about the delay in the iOS app, first explain why you can't or won't spend a few bucks to solve the problem yourself. If you are super cheap, you can return the device for a refund when the iOS comes out.
2015-5-2
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-5-3 07:30
Wow......that's a great idea!

I just sold my ancient Nexus 7 on ebay for $60, so this is a good s ...

Dronefliar.com, you don't own a P3 so stop talking as if you do.   You already said you don't have one yet, why do you keep up this BS charade....Do you not remember your own posts??   

Also,  There is a poll.   I think it speaks for itself..  I realize we have some employees here but a poll speaks volumes, hence why I put it up.   They released a statement about an app, not about the P3 FYI.   Also, they have not released anything of note about the false 24/7 help lines.  As EVERYONE knows they just re-direct you to LA or China.   They have not released a statement about tech support.  Which as everyone knows all products are now on a 6 week wait, and I quote " AFTER IT HAS ENTERED THE SYSTEM."   So in reality you could be waiting over 2 months for a repair (I'm already at 5 weeks on one with no word from support after 3 emails).

People like Dronefliar.com, Tahoe Ed, and Fictious person, though I'm happy you are speaking your mind,  don't actually understand that people here make a living out of using these products (not talking about them or selling instructional books and ad space or working at the company).  Next time someone says be patient, I suggest you ask yourself how you'd feel if you needed this product for a professional gig.  

Lastly, where did everyone get May 15th?  I was told that the P3 was shipping between April 28th and 30th by DJI.  I don't doubt at some point this was the ship date however if you kept up with your order you would have known it was revised, therefore lending expectations.   

And Lastly,  why are some of you still on this thread when you have already stated your belief about how an official statement is "modern problems"... That's not even the saying old-timer....  However I suggest if you don't like the thread to stop commenting on it because some of here actually care about getting good tech support.  LOOK AT THE POLL, numbers don't lie.
2015-5-2
Use props
webmasteralex
New

United States

denny@datkin.ne Posted at 2015-5-3 05:21
Seems to me the messages on the support page and the app itself are official statements. They can't  ...

BRILLIANT!  I was so frustrated but the Moto G was a great solution, thank you so much
2015-5-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

dlew21@mac.com Posted at 2015-5-3 08:40
Dronefliar.com, you don't own a P3 so stop talking as if you do.   You already said you don't have  ...

How many official statements do you need?  There have been several and they have stated that it will be available in a week and that was last week.  I have many friends that use DJI products to make money.  They always have a back up.  For some it is a P2 for others the P3 is the back up to an Inspire or a S900.  If you are getting paid you cannot rely on just one copter.  That is just my observation from the friends that I have that make money flying their drones.
2015-5-2
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-3 10:13
How many official statements do you need?  There have been several and they have stated that it wi ...

Numbers don't lie
2015-5-2
Use props
rbarbour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103222 ft
United States

I'll wait for the iso app but the MOTXT1028PP is a temptation.  I've owned a lot of Canon Cameras that cost between $4,000 & $6,000 so my $1,000 P3a is a deal.
That said every one of my cameras have paid for them selfs and the P3a will be no different.
Now I've also ordered a couple of $50.00 toys to practice with before I fly the P3a.
Been reading the manual, ordered prop guards, and if I crash and burn on the first flight I'll buy another.
As for the wife, she could care less as long its out of my stash cash.

Want to have your drone pay for its self?  Contact a roofing, real-estate or paving company and shoot a few videos or photos for them.  I will be billing $100 per 15 minutes of flight time.
Fun toy that can pay for its self.
btw, As Tahoe_Ed said you need backups, on a sport shoot I'll take 3 to 5 cameras. and I can see that happening with the drone.

Hang in there guys its not life or death.

2015-5-2
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

No they don't we all want the App as soon as possible.  But the statement has been made if you and others choose to ignore it, I cannot help you.  I am sorry.  How many times do I have to say that?  It is not here now and probably not tomorrow.  Next week sometime.  
2015-5-2
Use props
ezracosby
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Lol its funny to read some of these posts. People getting riled up!  I have all Apple devices but can't fly my P3 until I get home from work which won't be until this Wed... If the app isn't out by then I know I'll just end up going to Best Buy to purchase an android device. Oh well, I already spent 1.3K on this thing, whats another 100$ bucks lol
2015-5-2
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-3 11:44
No they don't we all want the App as soon as possible.  But the statement has been made if you and ...

@TahoedEd, do you speak for DJI in any capacity and do they know you are speaking for them.  Also why are you still on the thread if you disagree with it so many times..
We get your PoV Tahoe Just like dronefliars.  

2015-5-3
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

FictitiousPerso Posted at 2015-5-3 18:57
Seriously drew21 you need help, we all have accepted/know the answer and you still wafling on. weve ...

The 3 amigos.  I have a feeling you don't own a P3 either but that's neither here nor there.
Not sure why you have inserted yourself in this for no reason (as I've noticed you do on many threads).  I'm also not sure why you keep chiming in.  If you don't like the thread, then don't be a part of it. I created a poll which states, via fact, that you are in fact wrong.
I am happy that you have an opinion but I'm not going to keep entertaining your childish, condesending,  and biased behavior.   I will not be commenting further on statements that are not based on the poll, which is why the thread was created.  I also won't be acknowledging the 3 of you who have personal agendas.  It does not move the conversation forward.  
Refer to the poll as my response to your future reply

2015-5-3
Use props
nurimanizam
lvl.1

Singapore

coronado@mac.co Posted at 2015-5-3 08:10
My wife got so mad when I told her that I gonna spend a $1399 dollars in a drone, She said "is too m ...

Get a cheap quad to get her interested . Seeing something like that fly will usually amaze them already.
2015-5-3
Use props
paul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1276532 ft
  • >>>
United States

My wife made me cancel my first day order before talking to me, and when she did start talking to me again and i explained why i was getting it, she let me re-order again....putting me in the back of the line. I still havent gotten mine yet. :-(

Women...you cant live with them, you can't live with them!
2015-5-3
Use props
webmasteralex
New

United States

I love my new Phantom 3 (said after 3 flights!) and I think DJI did an incredible job on the engineering, value for the money etc.
I am using the Moto G trick to work around no IOS app and it's working fine
With that said it took me a LONG time to figure out what was going on with the app, some of the little tricks, getting it to register etc. were much harder than they had to be.
I spent a lot of time before I even realized there was an issue, it's certainly not on their home page
I agree with the OP that DJI could have a better corporate communications department. When you spend this much money on a product asking for up to date information in an easy to find  place
is pretty reasonable
Heck if it was easy anyone could do it
2015-5-3
Use props
Jstic
lvl.1

United States

dlew21@mac.com Posted at 2015-5-3 19:47
The 3 amigos.  I have a feeling you don't own a P3 either but that's neither here nor there.
Not su ...

Wow, take a pill bud. You are way out of line here.
2015-5-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dlew21@mac.com Posted at 2015-5-3 17:00
@TahoedEd, do you speak for DJI in any capacity and do they know you are speaking for them.  Also  ...

dlew21.

I am a DJI employee and a super mod on this site.  I am here because there is so much mis and dis information here someone has to set the record straight.  You have your own agenda.  That is clear.  I just represent DJI's position on this matter.  You say you want us to respond.  I have done so.
2015-5-3
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Lee321 Posted at 2015-5-3 00:00
I'm glad to see that so many of you have your P3 already.  Amazon is currently saying the Profession ...

Lee, I ordered my P3P from Amazon directly after the online product roll-out. I'm a Prime member, Vine Voice participant and have been ordering from Amazon for more than 20 years.

Despite that, My order was listed as "Release Date May 15th" all along, then this past week, slipped out to 30 June. I called Amazon, and ended up speaking with 3 different CSR's, including the supervisor on duty. I told them that I understand how in-demand this item is, but that many other outlets, including DJI themselves, are already delivering the P3's, yet Amazon is only listing a "Release Date" of 30 June?

She just told me they were "having trouble getting the product". I suggested they need to hire a new purchasing department, and that they could cancel my order. I was very clear of my disappointment in their lack of performance, so I got my "money's worth" on my call, and once I hung up, I place an order with another vendor who is saying I may get my unit from a set they are expecting this week. Fingers crossed.

Unfortunately, despite me acting immediately to get in the front of the queue, I wasted almost a month waiting for Amazon. Not sure I'll do THAT again.
2015-5-3
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

webmasteralex@w Posted at 2015-5-4 00:16
I love my new Phantom 3 (said after 3 flights!) and I think DJI did an incredible job on the enginee ...

Thanks webmasterlex,  It's a pretty basic human desire to have things done right.  I also understand why Tahoe_Ed is defending his company--I probably would too if I was an employee. .  

@webmasterlex I would agree, it is a well made bird.  I am using my Inspire 1 controller for now until the problem with the IOS app is resolved.   I also didn't receive my extra battery,  so I have to take this thing out on really short flights.  However I will say the Phantom 3 works great.  I think the camera on the Inspire 1 is better, however that may be because I am not used to the P3 cam yet, however when I did a 4k compression and matched them, the Inspire 1 seemed to perform better on my monitor.  Still, the GoProHero 4 4K, is the better camera in Pro mode on test compressions, yet the ease of the I1 and P3 make it worthy. Also, I believe the I1 will get an upgrade soon enough.
All things being the same, the P3 is the best DIY drone on the market for the money..  However I just purchased a 3DR solo and am very interested on how that will handle.  I think the technology is getting so good on these things that the thing that will matter for me is Technical Support, something I REALLY hope DJI can work out soon.   For now, I won't buy anymore DJI until this is resolved as I think we deserve a lot better from a company we/I/you have invested so much in.
Regardless, maybe you could post your work around for those who actually want to fly?  (note if you already have the Inspire 1 you can simply do an RC link to the Phantom 3, flies great with the controller).  Who knows maybe the ap will be out soon and it won't be necessary, however you never know, it could take 4- 6 weeks until DJI releases a statement and it's placed in the que..
Oh yah, by the way the ap is in REVIEW,,,,, So what if it is not accepted.  Wonder what happens then ....?
2015-5-3
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-5-3 10:13
How many official statements do you need?  There have been several and they have stated that it wi ...

Obsoletely spot on Ed.  Anyone who uses any hi tech tool KNOWS that redundancy is the name of the game. I shoot with THREE cameras on EVERY shoot I'm on and back up my Inspire1 with a PT2V (soon a P3)  To rely on any ONE devise, whatever you are making money with it or is something that can never be re-captured is foolish!
2015-5-3
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dbeck@promobox. Posted at 2015-5-4 09:52
Obsoletely spot on Ed.  Anyone who uses any hi tech tool KNOWS that redundancy is the name of the  ...

dbeck I had to stop counting your spelling mistakes and misuse of grammar.    Regardless, thanks for posting, however, I'm not sure what your point is?  So people should expect an item to fail? Nay, not even fail, not to work in the first place?  We should expect to use a back up?  We should expect our equipment to become "redundant"?   dbeck you have a lot of expectations of failure and with that attitude,  using DJI tech support (at the moment),  you will be a happy man.  Again, this is a poll, and I'm happy you took time to take the poll.  However I'm not sure what other motivation brought you to comment on this thread other than being happy with your expectations of TahoedED's expectations of DJI's actual failure.  Way to go pal, thanks. Your post was redundant the second you pushed send.
2015-5-3
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

Oh, I'm so sorry for the grammatical and spelling  errors I made, Please forgive me.  You must be an English teacher or something and as such,  totally missed the intent and the nature of my post. After all this blog is filled with highly intelligent people who as you say 'make a living' with this Quad'  May I ask exactly what do you do?  My post and Ed's speak for themselves.  If you are expecting perfection from any mechanical devise and don't have a back up plan, tooooo bad for you.  As for DJI's service, I had to use it to repair my PT2V+, yes it took longer then I would have liked, but it was repaired properly. As for my 'other motivation'?Stop whining.  If you don't like DJI's products, go buy something else.  Now, I'm hoping my spelling and grammar meets your expectations. If not.  Tough
2015-5-3
Use props
webmasteralex
New

United States

dlew21@mac.com Posted at 2015-5-4 06:14
Thanks webmasterlex,  It's a pretty basic human desire to have things done right.  I also understa ...

dlew21- Best Buy has a Motorola Moto G for 29 Dollars. Works fine
2015-5-3
Use props
Fiver
lvl.1

United States

I feel everyone's pain!   I won't get my Edition Apple Watch until late July at this pace.   Also the Tesla I just ordered won't even begin production at the factory for 2 1/2 months!  Nail in my coffin is that now I have to wait some unknown amount of time for my Phantom 3 with extra battery to arrive?!?  IT'S LIKE LIFE ITSELF IS CONSPIRING AGAINST ME!
2015-5-4
Use props
rinconol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232566 ft
United States

I'M DONE! Watched unveiling. Ordered from DJI, card charged with no firm delivery date. Cancelled. Ordered from Amazon, delivery date changed twice to mid June. Cancelled. Ordered from local dealer in-stock. No App release date. Now reading that P3's are falling out of the sky. Cancelled & DONE! Lost confidence and interest. Will keep flying my P2 as if this bad experience never happened. Over & Out!
2015-5-4
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rinconol@yahoo. Posted at 2015-5-5 07:08
I'M DONE! Watched unveiling. Ordered from DJI, card charged with no firm delivery date. Cancelled. O ...

Sorry to hear that.  To be fair the P3 is the best quad I've ever flown.  HOWEVER, and this is a big however..... The Tech support is also the worst in the business.  
2015-5-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Closing thread.  IOS is out.
2015-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now