I CAN NOT USE RC MAVIC AIR, SOLID RED LIGHT PROBLEM
24173 17 2018-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
emredurmus
lvl.1
Vietnam

Hello guys, I just got my mavic air and I have flown it several times. But i have problem with the RC now. I can not link to RC my phone. When i turn on RC red light blinking after it gets solid red light. Thats why it is not conntecting the APP. I can use my mavic air with my phone but not the RC. Do you know how can i solve this problem?
2018-2-19
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft
Netherlands

I am new to this too. On Saturday my first flight I could only use my phone. Recharged everything switched on and asked me to upgrade.  (I did an upgrade on Friday.) Did upgrade again. This time I noticed the drone flicker and beep. Don't think it did that on Friday. But the good news it all worked fine my next flight.
2018-2-20
Use props
fans45639d6b
lvl.1
Vietnam

I had same issue after DJI update firmware for RC and Aircraft. Rc could not link to aircraft. Just use wifi mode. So disapointed.
2018-2-20
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

You need to link back your RC with the MA. I recall when the phone showing Linking in process. Press something on the remote (I forget which button I press).
2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, may I know what's the current aircraft and controller version? Make sure both have been updated to the latest firmware and try to link RC again. I'll attach the tutorial video for double check.

2018-2-20
Use props
fans45639d6b
lvl.1
Vietnam

I’ve tried many times, upgrade lastest version or downgrade to previous (until now there are 2 versions). They not works.
2018-2-20
Use props
emredurmus
lvl.1
Vietnam

I did also everything! It is not working. I can only fly with my phone. The RC not working
2018-2-20
Use props
fans45639d6b
lvl.1
Vietnam

Wait and hope new firmware. I think.
2018-2-20
Use props
OrlandoP
lvl.2
Dominican Republic

Welcome to the club! After just one flight I tried the WiFi mode and I've never been able to connect the remote again. There are many posts about it in the forums. I'm waiting for a firmware update, hoping that they can resolve it.
2018-2-20
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Switch of the wifi on the phone then try the remote. I suspect it is connecting to the phone as you set that up and not the RC

Dennis
2018-2-20
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

There are to many reports if the same exact issue, I think something git "bonked" with the new update. I'm sure you all have done factory resets and tried all the button combination you could find.
2018-2-20
Use props
emredurmus
lvl.1
Qatar

Hello guys, as you know I was having problem linking to RC after uptades for my mavic air. I read all forum, but i didnt find any info which work. I just did something and it works and I want to help you.

My problem, Mavic RC never connect to my phone or Mavic. There was red solid. It was okay to fly with WIFI but not RC

So First i reinstall the assistans 2 (2+1.2.2) and then i dowgraded my RC to 1.0.0.0 then after i upgarde again the lastest one which is 1.0.0.1 something like this ı forgot. Then i put it to my phone and open the app, there was a still Red light and i didnt connect again. And I reset the Mavic air pressing long time the button after 3 beep. I tryed againg and it works! It is saying all the time please upgrade me again! But not!! Never I flew 2 times also with my RC.

I hope it is works for you also.

2018-3-4
Use props
RangerRob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122077 ft
United States

PROBLEM SOLVED

I had this problem today and took me an hour to figure it out.   I'm not sure why it worked, but it did.   

Here is what I did.  I just followed the instructions in the DJI app to Link the drone to the controller USING THE CABLE.  You must use the cable - the wireless link doesn't solve the problem.  Just follow the instructions in the the app to link via cable.  A few more tips are below but basically just do the link to the drone via cable.

I used the long USB cable supplied with the Mavic Air and connected it to the Mavic Air.

I connected the other end to the black controller.  The plug is the "big" USB type plug you normally plug into a computer (USB Type A connector) and the receptacle it is kind of hidden on the controller underneath where the phone or display attaches to the black controller.  I was kind of stupid and tried to use the other connector- the one you use for the linking is under where the phone goes.

I turned on the drone by hitting the button on the battery then pressed the lighted button on the drone until it beeped.  The app shows "LINKING" and there is button to hit in the app to LINK.  Im not sure I did it in the right order but it worked.   After a few seconds the drone made a sound and I noticed the red light on the controller went to green.  Everything worked fine after that.
2018-8-11
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RangerRob Posted at 2018-8-11 08:18
PROBLEM SOLVED

I had this problem today and took me an hour to figure it out.   I'm not sure why it worked, but it did.   

Very useful information. Thanks, this will no doubt help others.
2018-8-11
Use props
E_r_i_c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2487 ft
France

Hi @RangerRob,

I am in the same starting situation : I cannot pair the remote to the MavicAir.
Following the Dji Go instructions (Connect to the aircraft > Wired connection) I end up at step 4  with a  inactivated grey button

The led of the remote is solid red as yours. So I tried your solution and here's what I did :

- Link the Remote to the Mavic Air, with a Type C cable
- Plug the phone to the remote
- Lauch Dji Go on the phone
- Turn on the remote
- Turn on the drone
- Following the instruction on the app : Connect to the aircraft > Wired connection

Didn't work.
Any clue on what I did wrong ?

Thx.
Eric
2019-1-8
Use props
E_r_i_c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2487 ft
France

update : I was able to get the green light on the remote following the second part of the Dji standard procedures (Described in that video : How to Link DJI Mavic Air to the Remote Controller : ). But I'm still stuck as in my previous screenshot. As if the phone could't figure out that the remote is plug in. I'm using a OnePlus 6 btw.
2019-1-8
Use props
Tzead
lvl.2

India

I have a ma remote for sale if anyone wants. Email me tejas.hadkar7@gmail.com.
Lost my drone. Two battery also available
2019-2-18
Use props
fans0c4dc647
lvl.1

Australia

Hi there, I recently bought Dji Air, I’m trying to link the RC to the Dji Air however it’s not linking.
There’s a solid green light. When I turn on the Dji Air, there’s no sound whatever it just turns on and goes to solid green light does not blink unable to hear the usual Dji sound when I turn on the drone
Tried to link with rc however cannot link, tried to find the drone via wifi unable to locate
Appreciate if anyone could help me out
2019-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules