Which Dealer to Purchase a Drone from....
1424 12 2015-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dentin11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155646 ft
United States

Drone Nerds(Florida) or Multicopter Warehouse(Colorado)?
2015-5-1
Use props
Mistician
lvl.2

United States

I purchased mine from Multicopter Warehouse in Colorado. I haven't used them for any other services yet but their staff has always been very supportive and seems knowledgeable whenever I have questions about my Inspire.
The only downside is that when I had a crash (GPS failure) and had to send my bird in, the owner told me that I would have to send it into DJI personally, I wasn't able to use him as a dealer to go through the process, even though I had only purchased the unit three days earlier.
I'm not sure why they couldn't help me, it may be something to consider and investigate before you make your decision.
2015-5-1
Use props
dentin11
lvl.3
United States

Maybe it was quicker for you to send it directly or they just did not want to pay for shipping?
2015-5-1
Use props
cravac
lvl.3
United States

I bought from Drone Nerds, thru Amazon under 'TheDroneSource', I ordered in Dec, they had a delivery date on Amazon that was the shortest and they beat that date by a week.
They've been nothing but helpful the whole time.
Shipped my prop locks as soon as they got them, now have shipped me my new quick release props.
They responded to all of my questions thru the whole process extremely quickly and answered them perfectly.
I live very close to B&H, but prefer the nerds now.
2015-5-1
Use props
hcpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33763 ft
United States

Dude COPTERSHOP they are AWESOME!!!!!
2015-5-1
Use props
ChadAustin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139731 ft
  • >>>
United States

My vote goes to UAVDirect out of Texas for always taking the time to speak with me whenever I called- and I called a lot. And I talk a lot, but it's how I learn. They were so so so patient with me.

being a business owner myself, I understand how little time you actually have- but I spoke with folks in repair, sales, management... they were always willing to share their passion and knowledge to me.

2015-5-1
Use props
dentin11
lvl.3
United States

it seems these online UAV experts are more helpful than the local hobby stores if problems arise
2015-5-1
Use props
fullyestablishe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

hcpilot@cox.net Posted at 2015-5-2 09:02

One of the things that I really like about Coptershop is that if they say they have an item they truly do have it and it arrives on or ahead of schedule. I have placed four orders with them since February and their service has been flawless. Even when they are not making money on something like the new props they came straight out using that fast two day courier service. I actually feel bad for not buying locally in the UK or Colorado but at the time they were the only one who had stock.
2015-5-1
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DroneNerds is a very responsible dealer, if you have any question they help you, fast shipping, excellent customer services, already bought from them 2 inspires and a Phantom 3
2015-5-2
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

hcpilot@cox.net Posted at 2015-5-2 09:02

I agree, so far so good, (they wanna help you out).

Bob
2015-5-2
Use props
Mistician
lvl.2

United States

dentin11 Posted at 2015-5-2 07:27
Maybe it was quicker for you to send it directly or they just did not want to pay for shipping?

That's definitely a possibility. It just doesn't seem very indicative of the excellent customer service other users have described with other dealers. My Inspire crashed due to a GPS error and was a warranty repair, I've heard other users claim they were able to either return a defective unit to the dealer for a new bird, or receive a bird in the interim while theirs was being repaired. I wasn't offered either of these options, I was simply told to go through DJI.
2015-5-2
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

We have to do what DJI tells us to do. The copter would have had to go back to DJI one way or the other and they wanted it directly from you so they could try to figure out what happened. With the Phantom 2, we have spare parts and they will usually have us repair or replace a new copter. However, with the Inspire, they wanted to see copters that had odd issues.  I know this can sometimes be an inconvenience to the customer but it is how DJI does it sometimes.
2015-5-2
Use props
jeff
lvl.1

United States

I got mine from Intellegent UAS, they were great got it to me in 2 days :0 http://1uas.com
2015-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules