Tripod mode mishap
681 5 2018-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Has any one had the problem in tripod mode when at a very low height the MP decides to land?

I had the MP flying about 2 feet off the ground in tripod mode with the right stick fully forward. I don’t think I was at the 1.5’ level where the MP hovers for 1 sec before it lands. Suddenly I here the message landing. Tripod mode disengaged and the MP shot off like a rocket and did a scrape the ground landing. No damaged done since I had landing extenders on.

I am guessing it is not a good idea to fly to low in tripod mode since at a certain distance from the ground the MP will think it is going to land.

2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, were there any other messages on the app before this happened? I would recommend that you try to fly the Tripod mode at a higher altitude and see if the same thing happens.
2018-2-22
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Try disabling "Landing Protection"....might work.
2018-2-22
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Thanks for the replies.
DJI Thor, there were no other messages on the controller that I recall. I was mainly concerned with getting the MP to land safety and not looking at the display.
In the future  I plan to keep the MP at a higher altitude when in Tripod mode.  Did try Tripod mode at about 4 feet with no problems.
2018-2-22
Use props
DJT_MVSP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Try removing the landing extenders
Sometimes they interfere with the VPS
2018-2-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, try removing the landing gear extensions and ensure a strong GPS signal.
2018-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules