The dreaded wrong model
3595 24 2018-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlanniganFlyer 8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146473 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all have had this problem before with the app says my AC is P3P but it is actually P3A, before when this happened I cleared my tablets cache and that solved the issuse but it’s back again with a vengeance, app showing wrong AC type and no camera view, all firmware and software up to date, any help would be greatly appreciated
2018-2-20
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Try reinstall the app . it must solve the problem
2018-2-20
Use props
FlanniganFlyer 8
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Update: tried reinstalling the app that didn’t work, used a different mobile device as the device i normally use is nvidia sheild which is not on the recommended list, so I use my iPad Air, in the app it says my gimbal is disconnected
2018-2-20
Use props
FlanniganFlyer 8
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Can an Administrator please advise as to where I can go forward with this, this is how the AC shuts down which is unusual on top of the problems that already exists
2018-2-20
Use props
FlanniganFlyer 8
lvl.4
United Kingdom

2018-2-20
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Once when it happened to me, I swiped sideways instead of up/down and like magic my AC was shown and all was well.  
2018-2-20
Use props
FlanniganFlyer 8
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-2-20 13:06
Once when it happened to me, I swiped sideways instead of up/down and like magic my AC was shown and all was well.

I don’t get you disscribition, when I start the RC and the AC the app starts automatically and displays the wrong AC and no option to change that, I do know that when starting the app without the RC on then you can choose any AC type, but not when the RC is on and connection to your device
2018-2-20
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

FlanniganFlyer 8 Posted at 2018-2-20 13:27
I don’t get you disscribition, when I start the RC and the AC the app starts automatically and displays the wrong AC and no option to change that, I do know that when starting the app without the RC on then you can choose any AC type, but not when the RC is on and connection to your device

Is your RC LED light green? I wonder if for some reason your RC is not linked to the aircraft. That could cause the app to not recognize the correct model. Just asking. I don't think it is anything to do with your Shield, it is used by a lot of us without issue.
2018-2-20
Use props
FlanniganFlyer 8
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RicardoGray Posted at 2018-2-20 13:40
Is your RC LED light green? I wonder if for some reason your RC is not linked to the aircraft. That could cause the app to not recognize the correct model. Just asking. I don't think it is anything to do with your Shield, it is used by a lot of us without issue.

Yes never had a problem with the shield b4, I have done a relink and many other troubleshooting, thanks for your input, I’m wondering is there a process of unlinking, rather than just doing a relinking, so unlink then relink ?
2018-2-20
Use props
FlanniganFlyer 8
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RicardoGray Posted at 2018-2-20 13:40

My RC light is green btw
2018-2-20
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

Well that's good. So you are connected. I wonder since you have tried both IOS and android devices if you have a problem with your USB port on the RC. That would explain why both devices are failing in my mind. Don't know why, but makes a little sense to me anyway. If connection exists between the RC and the aircraft, the app should of course pick up the right aircraft and connect. I don't know of anyway to unlink the two. I am not the expert here, but when a re-link occurs, I think it should refresh the connection. I think the aircraft sends out the signal and the RC connects to it, but it could be the other way around. I am not sure if each aircraft has a unique frequency or if it generates something new each time. I'm sure one of the more experienced users might know the exact answer to this. Anyway, I know your RC can only link to 1-aircraft at a time. If it was linked to a different one, then linked to yours, it loses the previous connection with the other drone. So, I'm not helping much here. Do you have anyone you know that you could try another RC with you aircraft, to see if your mobile device would work?
2018-2-20
Use props
AerOps
lvl.2

France

Hello,
Did you check the cable between RC and tablet ?
2018-2-21
Use props
FlanniganFlyer 8
lvl.4
Netherlands

AerOps Posted at 2018-2-21 00:22
Hello,

Haven't tried a different cable but have tried a different tablet with a different connection type and that hasn't solved the problem
2018-2-21
Use props
FlanniganFlyer 8
lvl.4
Netherlands

AerOps Posted at 2018-2-21 00:22
Hello,

Haven't tried a different cable but have tried a different tablet with a different connection type and that hasn't solved the problem
2018-2-21
Use props
FlanniganFlyer 8
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Anybody out there have this issue, NO IMAGE on the app from there Gimbal, I get it using an Android device but when I use iOS device the issue is GIMBAL DISCONNECTED
2018-2-21
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

So, you have connection with your phantom, but in the app is says either gimbal disconnected or you have no image right? Is there any chance you had a hard landing etc.? Check your cables that plug into the back of the gimbal/camera mount. Re-seat them maybe. Is the LED on your camera green? I know I asked about your RC before, and it sounds like you are connected that way, but maybe something is wrong with your camera? Again, just trying to help.
2018-2-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Just to verify, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? Can the camera be controlled by the RC?
2018-2-22
Use props
FlanniganFlyer 8
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RicardoGray Posted at 2018-2-21 15:31
So, you have connection with your phantom, but in the app is says either gimbal disconnected or you have no image right? Is there any chance you had a hard landing etc.? Check your cables that plug into the back of the gimbal/camera mount. Re-seat them maybe. Is the LED on your camera green? I know I asked about your RC before, and it sounds like you are connected that way, but maybe something is wrong with your camera? Again, just trying to help.

RicardoGrey thanks for your input, thats right my controller has a green light, i'll have a close look at the camera connections, i haven't noticed if the camera light is green or not, i can control the gimbal movements, i have took note of a few troubleshoots to try when i get off work at the weekend
2018-2-22
Use props
FlanniganFlyer 8
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-22 03:02
Just to verify, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? Can the camera be controlled by the RC?

Hi DJI Susan i have never crashed or hard landed my AC, and yes i can control the gimbal movements
2018-2-22
Use props
FlanniganFlyer 8
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-22 03:02

Hi DJI Susan I’ve checked all around the gimbal for any loose wiring but all seems in good order, I had the AC and RC on and connected but still the message gimbal disconnected in the menu and no image transmission signal at the top of the app, but I noticed a faint blinking amber or red light emmiting from inside the shell near the downward sensors, if this is any help to diagnose this issue, I’ve attached a link to video clip
2018-2-22
Use props
FlanniganFlyer 8
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Update for any flyers that experience the same issue as me, with some technical e-mail and telephone support the issue cannot be resolved without sending in for diagnosis and repair, so that process is in motion, fingers crossed it’s not to expensive as it’s out of warranty, but I had to send my controller in before because it was not charging and I got a replacement free or charge and the faulty controller was out of warranty
2018-2-24
Use props
madronemedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21880 ft

United States

FlanniganFlyer 8 Posted at 2018-2-24 13:05
Update for any flyers that experience the same issue as me, with some technical e-mail and telephone support the issue cannot be resolved without sending in for diagnosis and repair, so that process is in motion, fingers crossed it’s not to expensive as it’s out of warranty, but I had to send my controller in before because it was not charging and I got a replacement free or charge and the faulty controller was out of warranty

I've been having the same issues intermittently. Could you post what they repaired and rhe cost when you get it back?
2018-2-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FlanniganFlyer 8 Posted at 2018-2-22 14:07
Hi DJI Susan I’ve checked all around the gimbal for any loose wiring but all seems in good order, I had the AC and RC on and connected but still the message gimbal disconnected in the menu and no image transmission signal at the top of the app, but I noticed a faint blinking amber or red light emmiting from inside the shell near the downward sensors, if this is any help to diagnose this issue, I’ve attached a link to video clip
https://youtu.be/qhKMKwqQMvU

Thanks for keeping us posted. The local team will take care once they received the unit. If you need any further assistance, please contact us with your case number, we'd like to help.
2018-2-28
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
United Kingdom

madronemedia Posted at 2018-2-26 13:43
I've been having the same issues intermittently. Could you post what they repaired and rhe cost when you get it back?

Madronemedia I sure will get back to you and share and details of the issue that caused the problem and the cost of repair if any
2018-2-28
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
United Kingdom

madronemedia Posted at 2018-2-26 13:43

Madronemedia I have heard back from repair service and it seems the camera had failed in some way, the repair document e-mailed  to me says replaced part 6 hd camera, cost €247 -€247 so it’s being replaced free of charge
2018-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules