Buying a Solo canceling my amazon order P3 .
1403 9 2015-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got on the list very early if anyone wants to take over my order on Amazon .The Solo looks amazing as does the the P3 . Solo is all American and it appears has a great support team .I am buying through DSLRPros .Before DJI takes this post down, I did buy a P2 today from them with full IR for search and rescue to find lost dogs in Napa Valley .I feel the support from DJI is beyond bad and that was my main reason to move to someone else .Solo has some amazing features so I will see if support is better and will keep the board updated .Also I am selling my P2+ and will put it on eBay soon . The IR does not wotk on P2+ only P2 .If anyone from Napa reads this I am looking for volunteer Pilots for animal search and rescue .I still have my I1 and she is flying like a dream, after the update but what a process .

2015-5-1
Use props
durrr
lvl.2

United States

Yea I'm buying one too but why even post this?
2015-5-1
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

durrr Posted at 2015-5-2 09:04
Yea I'm buying one too but why even post this?

DJI needs to build a brand that people stick with .I am a Nikon guy and have not bought any other brand in 30 years as they have always supported me .I am trying to get through to DJI that we need better tech support .There products are great but other company's are there as well .Sorry if my post was of no interest but I had 2 other items on that post .  
2015-5-1
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

I think that mtnred has a valid point.  Wish I had this resource prior to purchasing my inspire.  
2015-5-1
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

Good for you...  The Solo is an excellent piece of equipment.... But yeah this thread will be gone soon
2015-5-1
Use props
AirborneNinja
lvl.2

United States

The fact that this thread will or could disappear because it is an example of someone leaving the brand, is a problem.
2015-5-1
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

Be Careful. The grass always seems greener on the other side. The Solo is not out yet. The Solo is not proven. I may be completely wrong, but I imagine that the solo will have it's own share of problems. We will have to wait and see. The big question is what will their customer service be like. We will have to wait and see.
2015-5-2
Use props
kgarrison
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where is this awesomeness you speak of? The simple features in the app that are easily done by anyone with basic flight skills?
2015-5-2
Use props
durrr
lvl.2

United States

kgarrison@gmail Posted at 2015-5-3 14:06
Where is this awesomeness you speak of? The simple features in the app that are easily done by anyon ...

What do you mean where is the awesomeness? Give a little respect for what they're doing.

Pixhawk 2 flight controller, Dual Linux Computers, Incredible Features, Open Source, The ability to add on Accessories, Gimbals, and Upgradeability. You can swap out the motor pods within seconds...  And from what I've seen its built very well.

The Hero4 Black Edition with a 5.4mm mod will be great on the Solo. Lucky for me I already own 3 Hero4 Black Editions.

And don't get me wrong I love my Inspire 1...

But I'm not 100% confident flying it. Sure, it's made me money but I wanna feel good when flying my investment. Not worried half the time its going to fail and crash in the ocean. God forbid if something happened... I'd be screwed by DJI's Customer Service. This is another thing 3DR is doing right!
2015-5-3
Use props
kevin
lvl.1

United States

durrr Posted at 2015-5-4 00:35
What do you mean where is the awesomeness? Give a little respect for what they're doing.

Pixhawk  ...

For what its worth, the Solo is not 100% American, http://diydrones.com/profiles/bl ... ics-tijuana-factory  there is a substantial 3DR factory across the border in Tijuana.

2015-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules