Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The Osmo Mobile 2 Can turn your phone into a powerful filmmaking ...
1847 16 2018-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CorneliusFrank
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The Osmo Mobile 2 Can turn your phone into a powerful filmmaking tool but how good is it?

2018-2-20
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

What I've found odd is that I do get jitter when I walk with my Osmo Mobile (1), but do not get it when riding my horse at a walk or a trot.
2018-2-20
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-2-20 13:11
What I've found odd is that I do get jitter when I walk with my Osmo Mobile (1), but do not get it when riding my horse at a walk or a trot.

That is the difference between two foot drive and four foot drive.
2018-2-20
Use props
CorneliusFrank
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Interesting
2018-2-21
Use props
HollandJim
New

Netherlands

What phone? What model? Is there built-in stabilisation?

You need to be specific.
2018-2-21
Use props
CorneliusFrank
lvl.2
United Kingdom

HollandJim Posted at 2018-2-21 07:35
What phone? What model? Is there built-in stabilisation?

You need to be specific.

iPhone 8 Plus with and without stabilization, Sony Xperia z3. Probably should've mentioned in the video.
2018-2-22
Use props
HollandJim
New

Netherlands

You'll possibly need to leave stabilisation off:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-130713-1-1.html

Some considerable conversation on that thread about OIS and the Osmo.
2018-2-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

When I tested, the iPhone IOS was still an issue with the Go app.
Not with the default camera app.  (24-11-2017, check the thread linked above here)
2018-2-22
Use props
BigPeteTO
lvl.2
Canada

CorneliusFrank Posted at 2018-2-22 02:09
iPhone 8 Plus with and without stabilization, Sony Xperia z3. Probably should've mentioned in the video.

Optical Image Stabilization cannot be turned off on the iPhone 8 Plus. But there is no OIS for the front (selfie) camera, nor for the telephoto lens.

The OIS in the iPhone is fighting with the DJI's software. I have seen some results done with Filmic Pro software, but to date, the app does not fully support the Osmo Mobile 2. An update is in the works.
2018-2-22
Use props
CorneliusFrank
lvl.2
United Kingdom

BigPeteTO Posted at 2018-2-22 12:46
Optical Image Stabilization cannot be turned off on the iPhone 8 Plus. But there is no OIS for the front (selfie) camera, nor for the telephoto lens.

The OIS in the iPhone is fighting with the DJI's software. I have seen some results done with Filmic Pro software, but to date, the app does not fully support the Osmo Mobile 2. An update is in the works.

I was using Both Filmic Pro and the go App.
2018-2-22
Use props
CorneliusFrank
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-2-22 11:28
When I tested, the iPhone IOS was still an issue with the Go app.
Not with the default camera app.  (24-11-2017, check the thread linked above here)

The Go app was working fine for me.
2018-2-22
Use props
CorneliusFrank
lvl.2
United Kingdom

HollandJim Posted at 2018-2-22 09:28
You'll possibly need to leave stabilisation off:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-130713-1-1.html

I tried Both on and off and it made no Noticeable difference. But it isn't so bad for me because I can easily stabilize in post.
2018-2-22
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

What phone do you have mounted on the device?
2018-2-22
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
United States

drewhoover Posted at 2018-2-22 16:31
What phone do you have mounted on the device?

An iPhone 8+.  I have to take it out of the protective case when going to the Mobile , but I have one that goes on and off easily.  While I prefer the Mavic, I find that I'm using the Osmo more simply because it's not restricted the way drones are.  Check out my YouTube site - you'll see lots of videos using both the Mavic AND the Osmo:
https://www.youtube.com/user/stanfordwebbie/videos
2018-2-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

CorneliusFrank Posted at 2018-2-22 14:44
The Go app was working fine for me.

Ok, good to hear!
2018-2-22
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-2-22 16:38
An iPhone 8+.  I have to take it out of the protective case when going to the Mobile , but I have one that goes on and off easily.  While I prefer the Mavic, I find that I'm using the Osmo more simply because it's not restricted the way drones are.  Check out my YouTube site - you'll see lots of videos using both the Mavic AND the Osmo:
https://www.youtube.com/user/stanfordwebbie/videos

You may experience shaky video because the iPhone 8+ has image auto-stabilazation. When that is mixed with the DJI Osmo Mobile (1 or 2), they fight with each other and consequentially make the end video worse.
Watch this video, and this well respected product reviewer experiences the same problems.
Is this what you have as well?
2018-2-23
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
United States

drewhoover Posted at 2018-2-23 06:50
You may experience shaky video because the iPhone 8+ has image auto-stabilazation. When that is mixed with the DJI Osmo Mobile (1 or 2), they fight with each other and consequentially make the end video worse.
Watch this video, and this well respected product reviewer experiences the same problems.
Is this what you have as well?

I only got part of the way through this video.  I don't watch videos over 3 minutes very much.  However, the shake that I have with my Mobile is the same amount of small "bounce" that DJI recommends users do the "Ninja Walk" for - and that has been going on long before the stabilization thing on new phones.  So, I'm careful about that when walking, and don't give it any thought when atop my horse.  Thanks for the suggestion, though.  
2018-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules