The Spark over the San Francisco Bay - and a question...
4912 83 2018-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

Bing Err Posted at 2018-3-15 11:49
It worked well. I'll have to give it a try in the future. Nice work.

Thank you sir!
2018-3-15
Use props
tvon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43373 ft
United States

sidtx Posted at 2018-2-20 12:02
You can get an app called flightradar 24, that shows you real time altitudes of all airliners, and most other aircraft.

Then you will know exactly how high they are over your location.  You will also be able to know when they are coming,  especially the big boys (A380, 747) that frequent SFO.

Its a great app, but be ware that not all aircraft show up .  Some older and persona aircraft l do not use the ADS-B transponders, so you could be flying near planes. Also military will not show up on the app for obvious security reasons.
2018-3-15
Use props
tvon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43373 ft
United States

The fact you are looking to see if its legal is the first step.. Most would just say "f*ck it" and go fly.  This makes all of us responsible fliers look bad.  So many are guilty, including some very popular vloggers and others on youtube who "show off" their great footage.. Except its all done illegally.

Myself, I always err on the side of caution. Id call the towers nearby to verify, and hopefully LAANC (digital notification) shows up sooner than later on Airmap.
2018-3-15
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

tvon Posted at 2018-3-15 12:43
Its a great app, but be ware that not all aircraft show up .  Some older and persona aircraft l do not use the ADS-B transponders, so you could be flying near planes. Also military will not show up on the app for obvious security reasons.

We have a LOT of military and small personal aircraft here as we have a small local airport just to the south of us.
2018-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules