Jumping ship
762 9 2018-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansadec16c2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18743 ft
United States

It seems as though now that the spark 2 is out that everyone is jumping ship and some are even talking bad about the spark. To me the spark still seems like a good and very usefull drone. Why are people so against it now.
2018-2-20
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

is the Spark 2 out?
2018-2-20
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

I crack jokes about Mavic Air being (Spark 2) but it's generally harmless joking. I still think the Spark is great.
However with Mavic Air's price and features, it is the smarter choice, if you are buying a drone today.
2018-2-20
Use props
RobertWSimpson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

Grmachine Posted at 2018-2-20 15:34
I crack jokes about Mavic Air being (Spark 2) but it's generally harmless joking. I still think the Spark is great.
However with Mavic Air's price and features, it is the smarter choice, if you are buying a drone today.

oh I get it now.  I can see the correlation.

I think if I were purchasing a drone right now I would try to swing for the Mavic Pro Platinum.
2018-2-20
Use props
fansadec16c2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18743 ft
United States

Grmachine Posted at 2018-2-20 15:34

But you are still talking about quite a difference in price.Especially for the features that the spark has.
2018-2-20
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

fansadec16c2 Posted at 2018-2-20 15:42
But you are still talking about quite a difference in price.Especially for the features that the spark has.

Yes it's a huge difference if you buy drone only.
But if you get the Controller with Spark, the price difference is not that big. Considering Mavic Air basic comes with the controller, the Prop guards, Mavic Air has, 4kx30fps 3 axis, 100mps, also front, bottom, and rear sensors. It has almost twice the range, it supports OTG, It has longer flight time, and it is more compact.
To me all those features are well worth the $200 difference.
My Humble Opinion.
2018-2-20
Use props
dji TO88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4678 ft

Canada

I'm with you on this one. I've also been thinking to got for the Spark 2 and sell off Spark 1.
2018-2-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Spark is still a great tool with (for me) one real drawback and that is the lack of 25fps shooting.
I know a lot of users don't need that, but it made me jump to the MP.
The other limitations were no dealbreakers for me, so yes, Spark is still a very nice tool to have.
2018-2-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

People always want the latest in this hobby but yes, the Spark is still a very capable drone.
2018-2-21
Use props
tvon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43373 ft
United States

I'd still stay with the Spark.  The Air has nice features but the lack of occusync is a deal breaker for me.  My spark disconnected 7 feet in front of me and again 100 ft away from me (same day, different locations).  Wifi is just a crap technology for any reliability.
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules