Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Question re Pink flash in video
1456 12 2018-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rappo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 387 ft
United States

I experienced something odd in a couple of videos I made with my Spark and was wondering if anyone has seen this before.
Full disclosure......I'm a first time poster, completely new to filming with a drone and equally new to editing. I haven't purchased an editing program, been trying to use Imovie for now. Using video from the Spark, I also added a few stills from my phone camera (LG G5). Frequently during playback, momentary pink flashes can be seen in the section of the clip where the photos were inserted. I am attaching my first Spark video that illustrates this. The first flash can bee seen just after the :50 second mark (cactus close up) and also after the 1:50 second mark (2nd cactus close up). https://youtu.be/vzPCATOgSm4I realize this isn't a Spark issue, just hoping someone with more experience than yours truly might be able to offer some guidance. Thank you to all.
2018-2-20
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

looks like you might have a space in your time line between the video and the still. see if you can zoom into the timeline of the video editor and check for a gap between the video and the still image. It could also be the transition you are using. Check to see if the transition is using some default color that is not black.
2018-2-21
Use props
RobertWSimpson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

Also make sure that you are using the correct framerate.  If you are recording in 30fps but editing and uploading in 24fps, some of the interpolation could get screwy.  Just a thought.
2018-2-21
Use props
Rappo
lvl.1
United States

Sidd Finch Posted at 2018-2-21 12:32
looks like you might have a space in your time line between the video and the still. see if you can zoom into the timeline of the video editor and check for a gap between the video and the still image. It could also be the transition you are using. Check to see if the transition is using some default color that is not black.

I'll give that a try and see what happens. Thanks for tip!
2018-2-21
Use props
Rappo
lvl.1
United States

RobertWSimpson Posted at 2018-2-21 12:37
Also make sure that you are using the correct framerate.  If you are recording in 30fps but editing and uploading in 24fps, some of the interpolation could get screwy.  Just a thought.

Its seems like the only issue is with the photos inserted into the video. Not sure if iMovie allows for control of frame rate though I will check. Thank you!
2018-2-21
Use props
RobertWSimpson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 927185 ft
United States

Wait, did you insert pink photos into your movie? You did, didn't you.  You did.
2018-2-22
Use props
Raimenzio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237057 ft
Lithuania

It's a definitely editing software glitch. You get those pink flashed where the video fades out, what you can try is loose the transition in video and see what happens. Nice video thou.
2018-2-22
Use props
Rappo
lvl.1
United States

Raimenzio Posted at 2018-2-22 10:54
It's a definitely editing software glitch. You get those pink flashed where the video fades out, what you can try is loose the transition in video and see what happens. Nice video thou.

Thanks for the tip my friend. I'll give your suggestion a try and see how it goes. Thank you!
2018-2-22
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Can you tell us what transition you are using in imovie?
2018-2-22
Use props
Rappo
lvl.1
United States

I'm using Cross Dissolve in Imovie
2018-2-22
Use props
djiuser_Ege9jYMrFSkh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1296 ft
United States

You may want to look at a video editor that is just a bit more advanced. I've been using "VideoMeld" for years, it's not expensive and is easy to use. Yes, you can control the frame rate, do dissolves and everything else I have ever wanted to use.
2018-2-22
Use props
Rappo
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_Ege9jYMrFSkh Posted at 2018-2-22 16:41
You may want to look at a video editor that is just a bit more advanced. I've been using "VideoMeld" for years, it's not expensive and is easy to use. Yes, you can control the frame rate, do dissolves and everything else I have ever wanted to use.

I agree. I'm discovering some of iMovies limitations. As poster Raimenzio suggested, I removed the transitions from the video and the pink flashes went away! Transitions  can add so much to the finish product that I hate to give them up. I'll look into Video Meld. Thanks to everyone for helping me sort this out.
2018-2-22
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules