Mavic Air feedback after 2 weeks
624 2 2018-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Allupindis
lvl.1

United States

Just bought my first DJI drone after tooling around with a Parrot bebop 2 for a few months (lots of practice on DRL simulator as well) and I have to say I am impressed. My 2 cents after having it for a short time are that it was a great purchase, easy to set up easy to fly.  If I could change anything it would be with storage and transfer.  
The first SD card I tried was one I had on hand and it happened to be a Samsung Evo 64gb U1 that wasn't fast enough to record to, something I was unaware would be an issue before trying it out.  I also wish the drone would have automatically been set to record to the SD card when one is installed because I did miss a tiny bit of footage after having to land it and figure out why it was recording to internal storage still, after having installed another, faster, sd card.  
The only issue I have a gripe about is that the drone doesn't have (or I am still unaware of) a way to transfer files from the sd card without having the drone completely powered on.  It isn't the end of the world but it would be nice not to have to remove the gimbal cover and deal with the drone getting hot whenver I want to take a look at my footage.  
Again just my 2 cents and hope everyone is having a great time flying!  
2018-2-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I agree, the need for powering up is not so nice.
But it is the same with my other camera's.
Although they have the bigger SD card, that are more easy to take out and I rarely use the USB connection with them.
2018-2-20
Use props
Single Lens
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55636 ft
United Kingdom

Second the powering up requirement, but it's the same with all DJi drones so c'est la vie

One thing you can do is get a microSD card reader or a converter. I do that when Im on the move, just take out the card, put it into the converter and slip that into the reader in my laptop.
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules